1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

distressed..Pls help!!

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by zub, Mar 9, 2015.

1. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

since your child is a minor and a Us citizen, you can appeal to the US embassy for asylum or assistance to bring you both back to US. At the very least, you can consult them o your rights on what to do. I would approach the US embassy if I were you.

2. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I'm guessing you filed a FIR for harassment from H, and possibly inlaws

What about 498, because he is taking money from you.

Just brainstorming ......

1 person likes this.
  3. zub

zub New IL'ite

Dear Ilites...thank you for all your valuable suggestions and thank you for all your precious time to go thru my story..

Most of the suggestions says that I should go back to US in order to get back on my feet...I have one doubt that if I go to US then will my H file a divorce case against me in India? My H is in India right now and he says that he doesn't have any plans to go back to US (of course he knows that if he goes back to US then he would be in trouble).

If he gets divorce in India without me appearing in court then will that divorce be valid in US or if I can file a counter case of divorce against him from US?

@ivlakshmi, @VanithaSudhir,@laks09, @shanvy, @sgbv, @rihanna, @sdiva20, @butterflyice

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A very valid question that only a lawyer can answer. Please get in touch with one ASAP. I'm not sure anyone knows the right answer to that. I've heard various versions of the India vs US divorce scenarios.

5. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Once again like @Laks09 said, you have to consult a lawyer. This is a very serious matter and no one can advice you correctly except an attorney. All I can think of is he is trying to divorce you in India in which case your rights can be supressed.

You son is a US citizen so a lawyer may advice you in such situations what the right thing to do. You may also reach out to a US embassy - I am not sure how that works but at least they may point you in right direction. I cannot stress enough that if you want to protect yours and your son's rights and custody, you need to contact an attorney as soon as possible.

3 people like this.
  6. SimpleStraight

SimpleStraight Silver IL'ite

@Zub - As others have mentioned please contact an attorney via Phone or in person and explain the situation...

Some forums which might help....

FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY - Divorce, Separation, Annulment at WorldLawDirect.com

FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY - Child Custody & Support at WorldLawDirect.com

Submit your legal question. We'll answer -- and resolve your problem -- within 48 hours for just $9.95!*
    Why use WORLDLawDirect and pay $9.95?
    WORLDLawDirect is the leading interactive provider of U.S. and international legal solutions. We've resolved legal issues for over 150,000 satisfied clients. Click here for more information.

Free Legal Advice from over 100,000 Reputable Lawyers at Avvo.com