1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how do you guys over come the anger,rage,depression

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Flyingsparks, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Silver IL'ite

hi folks,

looks like i got promoted or graduated or rather demoted to this subforum " life without spouse" from the subforums; " married life" , relationship with inlaws" etc..

i recently got divorced.i have been penning my stories since couple of years..
    it looked like nothing changed over the past yrs and all of a sudden everything changed...

i can't express, i can't put in words how stressed i am, how angered, enraged i am.

i hate him.i don't even feel it's worth to write about him here..it is waste of time for me..

when i look back, many a times, i feel that may be it was my mistake i didn't do this,that etc etc... (I guess this is the bargaining phase among five stages of grief..although i keep vacillating between all the phases)..ofcourse i feel free now, because of the divorce..

he is trying his best to irritate me even now..he has not returned most of my personal stuff..my wedding saris, jewelry etc etc..it is irritating me to the core but above all i am filled up with so so much anger, rage that i am not able to understand what to do and how to cope up with it..

i am getting frequent headaches, suicidal thoughts, thoughts to kill him, etc etc..

i am not crying(actually i decided i won't cry) but i feel extremely depressed...

i know i have to talk to people, go out ,meet people,let go of anger, etc etc.. i am trying..but i keep failing.
    i am not able to overcome the thoughts, anger, rage, depression,loneliness,boredom, the feelings of vengeance,guilt,shame, worry for my parents,fear of living alone etc etc

may be going to a psychologist will help, as much as i want to go, i am in extreme financial crunch.i cannot afford to pay some $25-50 for each session.

but seriously nothing is much helping me or may be i am not trying harder..

my timetable has become a chaos.i sleep and wake up at odd times like sleep at 4 or 5 am and wake up at 1 or 2 pm..(i am hating myself for this sleep schedule).also i get weird weird dreams..(i see some random people, my long lost relatives with whom we have no contact now, some weird situations, variety of people... etc etc....)
    may day flies just like that..mostly me spending time in-front of laptop watching Netflix or some movie..
    of course i do read a lot of stuff online..

life feels crazy.i am waiting for approval of my new visa status, so that i can go to school.i am not supposed to drive, nor do some part time job..

Me being a doctor, most of my school comprises of just studying and studying. the thought itself is little scaring,boring to me..i wish there was some activity that can keep me busy..

how do you guys overcome the fear,grief,anger,hurt,loneliness ??please give me some tips..some working tips..

4 people like this.

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Hate and anger are normal (and even healthy) feelings after a divorce. Have you checked if there are any divorce support groups in your area (or checking out online forums)? It helps a lot to talk with other in similar situation. There are also good books about how to overcome a divorce.

3 people like this.
  3. HopefulNisha

HopefulNisha Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Please calm down. Be happy that your sad days are over.
    Try to keep you busy:

1. Try to make some new freind
    2. If that is not possible, try going for some volunteering activities. that way you get to know lot of people, find activties to spend your time and at the end of day be happy you did something useful for someone. The country I live (not US) provides many such volunteering options through organisations like red cross etc... it could be anything from helping people in need, giving free tuition lessons to kids, working at charity shops, library etc. Choose the acivity of your interest.
    3.Try to visit some relatives/friends who won't judge you
    4. Get into a normal schedule - Sleep and wake up on time - Beleive me it helps a lot to be active when the sun is there. Better to sleep when it is dark outside. It plays a big role in keeping our mood high.

The way you have to take revenge on your ex is by living happily - not by spoiling yourself!!

4 people like this.
  4. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Bronze IL'ite

I will second HopefulNisha's recommendation of maintaining normal sleep cycle. This is very important. Also make sure that you do not oversleep. Excess sleep also leads to more depression.

Another thing you can do is to prepare a jam-packed schedule. Make your schedule in such a way that you do not have to think about things to do and you automatically go from one task to another. Idleness will make you feel even more blue.

5. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Hello Flyingsparks,
    How to overcome anger, rage, fear, hurt ? it is simple, give in to those feeling.
    If u want b angry, do it hit out at the bed, the pillow, shout at the top of ur voice
    Since nobody is there at home, u won't have anybody judging u or talking back at u.
    If want to have odd hours of sleeping, do it.
    Why I am saying this is, all these feelings are temporary. Becoz when happiness can be temporary so can these feelings. The same goes for sad phases in our lives.
    The idea is to stick it out during those days. Sunshine will be just around the corner, u only have to wait for the darkness to end.
    All ur ill-feelings will last for a mximum of two to three weeks, then u will get bored of them.

4 people like this.
  6. sacredbell

sacredbell Silver IL'ite

Dear..

It's very unfortunate situation..

But on the other hand, it is better than living in a cage with such an incompatible partner..You are young and you have a bright future..Why to spoil it?

Please go through the below site...There are hundreds of people going through the similar situation..You are not alone..

How Can I Handle My Anger After Divorce

Take a break from the thoughts about your married life...it is past..let your mind calm down..think about future only..Do you have a job? ..Are you independent?..Or do you have to build everything from scratch?..

Is it possible to go for Part time jobs?..Even McDonalds/ petrol pump jobs would help you to meet the personal expenses..If you are lucky, you may get a proper job as per your qualifications immediately..

Do not think about your materials and money now..They cannot keep it in his custody forever.. it may take some time to get everything settled..But don't get distracted by such things..

Take your own time to regain your health and mind..Do not enter into another relationship until you are are Back to Normal. Repair the damage first. There may be many people approaching you with help and sympathy. Do not trust strangers.
    Always remember, Marriage failed not because of your fault...

All the best.

3 people like this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Flyingsparks,
    It is normal to feel a range of emotions.
    It may be helpful to talk to a psychologist to sort through your feelings.Is there a local women's support group? They may be able to refer you to someone who does pro bono work, or to some group sessions.
    They may also be able to help you send a certified legal letter to your ex asking for the return of your belongings.
    In the meantime, difficult as it may seem right now:
    1) Set a routine. Wake up, shower, dress and put on some lipstick, like you are going out.
    2) Make a plan for your studies. Your education is going to get you ahead, so this should be your top priority.
    3) Try to get some regular exercise, even just taking a walk can help.
    4) Do you have family support? Can someone come stay with you, of course if you feel up to it.
    Difficult as it seems now, baby steps will keep you moving forward.

3 people like this.
  8. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Hi FLying sparks. Along with the wonderful advise your are given, try to take a mild anti depressant, homeopathy or any other mild anti depressant. It will really help you get positive. Feel thankful that you are out of the world which was not meant for you. Try to do yoga and meditation. I know it's hard, but you are already done with the hard part which is to take the decision to separate. Remember this too shall pass. But please try to visit a doctor and take a mild antidepressant for short time. Telling from personal expereince it really helps.

1 person likes this.
  9. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

very good advice here. one more thing cry all you want and after you can cry no more pick yourself up and do what you want. I think activity will help you here. try and keep yourself busy. go for a walk, library whatever you feel like. Keep a note in bold letters in front of you at all time 'Be Positive' all the best with your life.

1 person likes this.
  10. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Flyingsparks,
    All the feelings you expressed here are quite natural and we women being sensitive are more prone to lot of emotions.
    I am against posters asking you to take medications like anti depressants. They can get you addictive. Sleep is most effected. It was the case with me as well. I have never had normal sleep for long time. After divorce we get in to analysis mode that we should have done things differently, behave differently or he should have been better. This makes us feel bad that we too have done some mistakes but the fact is there are many partners in this world who are acceptable to behavior of partner and they adjust with each other as family in spite of fights/mistakes.
    To get though these issues I have been to therapy sessions . It really helped me a lot. My dad was the one who insisted me to take up these sessions seeing my condition. Therapist actually asked me to do things - Forgive self as well as forgive ex. If we do not forgive all this anger towards self/him will carry forward towards life as well as next life. We have already dealt with an idiot and we do not want to stuck up there. So it is always better to move on.
    Online forums are the best place to vent out instead of depending on people. I would also suggest you to spend time going to near by parks or temples. This gives lot of peace. All the best. At last time is a great healer.

4 people like this.