1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how do you guys over come the anger,rage,depression

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Flyingsparks, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

What ivl says is indeed the traditional way - it is something that men chant. Though in some families (or schools) they dont follow it per that tradition.

2. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I chant Gayathri mantra (as I do Vishnu Sahasranaman and Lalitha Sahasranamam) and God never told me not to and just as importantly my mom says I can. If mom says so, she cant' be wrong and God never faults one for listening to their mom :)

@ ragini25- As for you comment abot men- See I am a big fan of the dear Dowager Countess of Grantham. She comes out with priceless gems like " He is man. Men don't have any rights" :rotfl:rotfl

Men can waste time making all the rules but who says one had follow them :biggrin2:

2 people like this.
  3. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

Dear Flyingsparks,

Hugs to you. You are still a doctor in india. Have you considered working there? Being around your parents as a working woman is lot better than staying in USA like this.

4. desilady13

desilady13 Silver IL'ite

Just my two cents as to what worked for me since I was married for 7 plus years and also have a kid. I am not going to say its easy on this side either. It is VERY VERY hard. There have been so many days I cried myself to sleep. Cried looking at a god's picture asking him to give answers and then slept and woke up to a new day. That's all. Getting suicidal thighs etc is not a good sign. Distractions do help, yes - but ultimately only acceptance of the reality will get you through. Otherwise, after coming back home you are the same person again. Change and acceptance and forgiveness should come from inwards.

I used to think I can perfectly be fine without ever getting married again ever. I know that. I just hate all men in this world. It's easy to say that actually. But there are SO MANY days I feel I just want that life partner who simply knows to give respect, why is that so hard? Even when I look at the matrimonial profiles etc, there is no interest in anyone I see, but I somehow want to get to that step of getting remarried again....and I know desperation is not a good thing.

just so you know - acceptance, and peace in life are far more important. Perspective as to what you have versus what you don't will make you feel a little better. Good luck and I pray everything goes well again in your life.....

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

We were taught Gayatri mantra right from childhood. I chant it often. In fact my father always says that is a very powerful, protective mantra and we should recite it whenever we are in uncertain situations. To this day if I am walking home alone late, I find myself automatically starting to chant.

6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

About anger, rage, depression ..I think its big part of us women. One way or another..

Engaging your in some activity and having family around helps. It is about engaging your mind somewhere. If not in work or activity, it starts thinking bad thoughts.

These days my daughter does not let me fall into depression. But I have through those roads a lot and its difficult to come out once you getting in. Like a black hole, you keep going.

7. TeluguAmmai

TeluguAmmai New IL'ite

Be very careful with causing noise such as hitting objects, screaming out loud in an apartment - your neighbors could call police on you for noise disturbance!