1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please give a read...I need your support and kind words ...Also suggestion

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Barbie2013, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Barbie2013

Barbie2013 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I got divorced 2.5 years back.
    Earlier i used to work for an MNC.
    After divorce i moved to parents place and staying with them.
    Now i wanted a change at work.
    I got job in same company where i was working earlier.
    Many of my friends know my past.
    Some of my colleagues dont know.
    I really got a good package so don't want to rethink.
    I am joining the company this month.

Here are my doubts and conclusions:

1. Many ppl will try to dig my past who know me earlier

2. I will definetely get depressed if ppl who know me earlier start asking questions

3. This will effect my mind and my performance at work.

4. My company has two branches ..one is far from city and one is within city limits. I have option choose project at any of the places.

I want to move to new branch as i dont know anyone there and live peacefully.

I feel that my judgement is right for time being.

Already ppl started asking questions ...Why did u leave and why are u coming

back when i informed them that i am rejoining there...

So want to move to new branch and just concentrate on work.

Please give me support and some suggestions for my new journey.

Is it something which no one will do..Rejoining the same company?

I was happy with the hike i got and so wanted to join the company

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear Op....Congratulations on getting back into the game.
    You got divorced....it is not a crime...nor is it your fault.

Don't bother about what people say.Be strong,be calm and confident.You are good with your job ...that is why you are back with a bang.

If someone asks....Just say you had a bad marriage and you have put it all behind you and are ready to move on. If someone continues to dig...just say....I want to look ahead and move on...say it confidently.Practice doing this in front of the mirror.

You survived a bad marriage and divorce. You are a winner...don't let a few colleagues put you down.Don't over think.You never know....you might not have to deal with any awkward situation...or you may find people are good and understanding.

As for the location.Go with what you feel good about and what is convenient.

Good Luck Barbie for a fresh and new beginning .:thumbsup

5 people like this.
  3. Barbie2013

Barbie2013 Silver IL'ite

Thanku so much..
    ur kind words mean a lot to me.

1 person likes this.
  4. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Hi barbie,
    Congrats for your courage and staring a new life!!!
    Show the same courage in meeting people. People will talk wherever you go. They need something to chew and news like these gives them excitement to chew more. So dont care about them.
    You got the job for your hard work and talent. Just see which place will gives you the comfort of travel and other things and choose. If you start to run away from gossiping people there is no end to that. Start to answer them back, in a way they dont ask you again. How long they are going to dig the past, till they get some other more interesting thing to gossip.
    Start the new life without any guilty feel. Choose the place which is more convenient for you and where you will get the opportunity to reach good positions in job.

2 people like this.
  5. Barbie2013

Barbie2013 Silver IL'ite

True cinderella
    Will rethink about it

6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Being there, done that :). Don't worry about what people will think. If I were you, I'd choose the branch that is better for projects/ commute etc and not worry about other people. If someone asks you, simply tell them that you had a bad marriage and decided to get out of it and move on. No need to give details. If you keep it a secret, people will be more curious.
    Congratulations on a new start and good luck!

1 person likes this.
  7. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Barbie,

God has been very kind to you and you got the job in the same company. You are in a position to start a new life despite the errors in your judgement in the past. Go ahead happily and with confidence.

This means you are valued and wanted by your company Management. It is a very ideal situation. Do not worry about colleagues who just poke their nose in your privacy. Neither be afraid of these guys nor be rude to them. Just ignore them politely and don't bother.

Do not ignore that odd good person/friend who has a kind and genuine interest in you.

You should choose a place of work between the two options, taking in to account--
    1) Your safety as a single working women in transport and accommodation.
    2) Your convenience in transport.
    3) Your performance in the job and career progression.
    4) The total time you will spend in transport.
    5) Your finances and social support.
    6) Your accommodation conveniences.

Beyond the basic needs of food and safety, peace and happiness comes from inside, not from outside.

Be Master of your own affairs. Let not irrelevant others influence your decisions.

Meditate. Live happily. Be a performer.

Best of luck for your future.

2 people like this.
  8. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Congrats, dear. Choose the place which is most convienient and would give you better career progression. As for people who ask questions, remember they mightn't be curious; just clueless. If anyone asks you could say, "the marriage,sadly,didn't work out; moving on..." Any pressing questions, you should sweetly smile and say, "I'd rather not talk about it." And repeat the same line over and over again. Patiently. good-naturedly
    In time, the questions will certainly cease.

1 person likes this.
  9. confusedwoman

confusedwoman Silver IL'ite

Dear OP,

If the new location will give you more confidence, go ahed and join in the new location. Also being in a new location will give people time to know you before knowing your past ( not that theres anything to be embarrassed about). So you will get time to make new friends, social circle and tell your story your way instead of the gossipy way. It will also provide a change of scenery for yourself.

And real friends will stick with you anyways old or new location. Good luck to you.

1 person likes this.
  10. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

congrats and best of luck with your job. people love to gossip but it depends on us what we feed them. Never show that their questions upset you. Try practicing the answers to questions that might be asked and repeat it like a tape recorder. They will get bored if they don't get any fodder from you. Be friendly but impersonal. Hopefully you will find the right people to interact with and make good friends. If you respect yourself you will be respected so don't ever think low of yourself.

1 person likes this.