1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I need a divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Diri, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Diri

Diri New IL'ite

Hi ,

I've been married for 8 and half yrs and I have a 4 yr old girl , my marriage isnt a happy one , right from day one i thought he was forced to marry me with his mannerisms and behaviour . He was very quiet , aloof and irritated eternally, within 6 months I felt very lonely , depressed and upset and i contacted my ex bf and we startes talking, it was some respite ! Soon the Husband found out , he cornered me into a confession , secretly recording the conversation , and confiscating my mobile for proof.He claimed to forgive me , and told we will start fresh , that was 8 yrs ago .He hasnt changed one bit , always brings up the past , drinks and abuses and has even assaulted me , accuses me of sleeping around with different men. Im so scared to be awake when he drinks that I sleep In a seperare room with my child , fearing he will do something to me . I want a divorce , and all I want is my child , and being away from him. I am in Bangalore, can some1 please help me with a good family lawyer name and will I get my child ??

2. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

There is indian forum of lawyers .You post if on their forum.You will also get legal advise and mob no of near by lawyer.

2 people like this.
  3. Diri

Diri New IL'ite

Thank you so much , I will do that.
    I'm so apprehensive about how everything will turn out. I haven't informed anyone ib my family about the issues i've been through so long and neither have i cried out for help.I stayed married because of society and the effect of my actions on my siblings. But now i see , everyone is doin whatever they want and my choices have affected my life alone. Whenever i tell my family , which includes my parents , I am sure there will b outbursts from my family ,,what I feel sad about is that they won't support me and would be thinking that im doing the wrong thing !!! They never thought I've done the right thing and now when I break the news that I want a divorce I guess ill be labelled selfish and inconsiderate to their feelings.
    After informing them I need to break the news to my husband ,, who is probably goin to go crazy with anger , after all ego will be bruised and the humiliation that I decided to voice myself will be too much for him to take. I hope I am strong to endure all the drama that unfolds. And to come out with my child with me.

4. KP55

KP55 Gold IL'ite

If u know deep in your heart that you cannot put up with him any longer then divorce. Don't stay for the sake of society, that will make you miserable in the long run. Like you said everyone keeps making their life choices and living how they wish. You deserve happiness too. I'm never in favor of a broken home, but if the marriage doesn't bring happiness then you must follow your heart. Don't live with a lifetime of regrets. This process will only make u stronger and wiser. Many have taken this path and come out better for it. Whatever you do don't make decisions based on society. The society has more dirt on itself than you can imagine. Good luck.