1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problem after Marriage, what should i do

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by smileyrose, Aug 20, 2014.

1. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

I can understand ur situation as i have gone through similar experience but as teluguammayi said divorce is not easy. It gets really tough for finding another guy second time. of-course I have seen 2 cases where divorced lady got married to unmarried guy second time around but such cases are rare.
    Do not listen to your mom . You make the effort to keep up the marriage as your husband seem to be a nice guy. Your MIL might have made faces when u go out but at the same time ur MIL or ur husband did not obstruct you from going out. Your hubby gave flexibility yo do a job. Once divorced, it is also tough to get guys who are earning well, infact thr r guys who expect security from women. All d best

2. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Before marriage also your family would have consulted a astrologer.So,why the astrologer is changing his stand now.
    Now donot listen to astrologer,instead give some time for your marraige

3. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

Sorry Boss. Can you think about this from your husband's perspective - my wife is suddenly bored or has finally realized that she wants a different lifestyle and model (husband).So she is thinking of divorcing me.

Until the wedding day - you choose to get married for your happiness. And Maybe your parents' happiness. After that - there are two of you in the marriage.

If he is abusive. Or is cheating on you. Well, he does not deserve someone like you.

If you have spent a long time (read two or three years) and then decide that you don't think he brings out the best in you and you are better off with someone else/being single, well you at least tried.

In your case, its not neither option. Your reasons are very frivolous. And you don't even know what your husband wants. So it may not be a mutual thing. Please don't retort that your husband doesn't do anything for you. He is not on this Forum asking for advice on a divorce. And if you are not happy and are bored with what you got (or married into), I am sure so is he.

Imagine your husband - My wife is very silly. Does no work at home, doesn't get along well with my mother, just sits by herself. Waits for opportunities to go shopping or to movies with her friends. And worse, my wife's mother knows no better and supports her.

Even if you get a divorce, what do you propose do with your life - your parents treated you like a kid so long, do not expect them to do that any more. Will they be okay if you continue to be as you are now? Your friends will get married or move away to another city and the relationship dynamics will change. What do you hope for your future?

I don't mean to offend you, only trying to give you a reality check.Our lives are different as kids and as adults. As adults, where ever we are (with parents/flatmates/on our own/ any other living setup) - we have got to take care of ourselves and be committed to setting up and maintaining the house. Have regular household chores. People around us (family/friends) will have some expectations from us - friends will expect us to go their birthday parties and parents/other elders will want us to stay back for religious festivals/ceremonies. Agreed the first option is a lot more fun than the second, but that is adulthood - you do things which aren't fun because it is sensible to do so. Because even if it doesn't matter to you, it matters to someone a li'l more and it doesn't hurt to do it.

1 person likes this.
  4. nekkanti

nekkanti Bronze IL'ite

May be I am harsh but she is decided to separate and is trying for some support from people here to feel her case is stronger.

5. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

You ( or your mom's advice) want to use the last resort for a so- called minor issue , then what do you plan to use on the REAL issues?.Theres a telugu proverb " picchuka meeda brahmastram"..

Things change after marriage, give it some time with positive thoughts. Be happy for what you are blessed with.

Also its easy for your astrologer to change his decissions, but its not as easy to change life partners.