1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marrying Divorcee

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by sweety17, Jun 26, 2014.

1. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Ladies,

I sincerely need your suggestions/experiences/views and thoughts on this situation.

Agreed dumping him is an option. But that would be the last. So don't give me the dumping option.

Doesn't a divorced man have the right to remarry and live his life happily?? Please help!!

2. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

I welcome your friends thought to marry a divorcee. If the guy is genuine then he must have no ties or contact with ex. Also you specified that the lady won't allow him, in that case let them stay away from her after marriage. Legally she has no right on this man now. What about the custody of the child. See that your friend in any way don't contact his ex, she would have her own battle to fight in this marriage. So I would suggest they both stay far off from the ex. You can register a complaint if she does any drama. But only thing your friend and the man she is going to marry should both be truthful and genuine.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

How close will this divorced wife be living from them? Can they move to some other city? as if they stay close no one can say what she may do.only she knows whats happening in her unstable mind so hard to predict.

But i feel maintaining a distance and getting some legal directions as to what are your options to keep her in check and in what circumstances can you obtain the stay away order (restraining order) from the police dept. etc. take help from some authoritative figures there just to warn her to behave perhaps.

2 people like this.
  4. muthuswathi

muthuswathi Silver IL'ite

My suggestion would be, if possible let her forget this proposal and wait for the better one. Knowingly let her not entangled with problem.

5. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

god2014,

Thanks for your valuable thoughts. Yes the child's custody is with the mother. Also my fren and her fiancee are planning on relocating, since his ex is a govt employee and there is no way she can/will relocate in the near future.

After the trauma that wife has put the husband through, i can say that he loathes her. There is no way he is going to ever turn back. I too spoke to him once, and i have seen that he is literally broken after what he went through. Putting him and family in jail and dragging them to court and making lives terrible. He is getting a lot better and has started to have a hope for living with the company of my fren. But my fren is just scared that this ex wife will create troubles.

Yes my fren has gone thorugh all the documents of the court proceedings and legally the ex has no right on him at all.

6. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Shina,

I think you nailed it. We were thinking on the same lines too. Sure, will advice her about the restraining order. And yes they are planning on relocating too. Thanks for your valuable inputs.

7. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

No worries at all, ask your friend to start her life with energy and love. No ex or y can create problem, ask her to first shun the fear. Until unless the people your and her guy never create problem with in themselves no external element would spoil their life. So best wishes for marriage, ask her to go aboard for some time if possible a change.

Also is his daughter attached to him, will he visit her. See that those side are also clear. Merely worrying about ex will never solve anything. Come out of fear, ask her to begin the life with positive note.................

8. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

god2014,

yes there is attachment to his daughter. But i believe that he asked for visiting rights only for important days in her life like graduation/marriage.

Yes going abroad for few years sounds best option. Probably the wife will have time deal with her own emotions/thoughts. And they can be away from her.

i know she should stop worrying and focus on her life first. Thanks for those positive thoughts. Really appreciate!!

9. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

Sweety I think your friend's fiance should register a complaint against her for harassment. Speak to your lawyer for options, if I am not mistaken recent changes to Indian laws after Delhi rape has led to the law only allowing women to file a stalking case (which I believe is unfair - this should be gender neutral). Does your friend's fiance meet his daughter, who has custody? Can the two think of moving to a different country or state after marriage?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  10. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

sorry didnt realize that you had mentioned the custody was with the mother. i do think its important to check for legal options and move out. better safe than sorry.