1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Regret

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Dreamer, Jun 14, 2014.

1. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

Witsend ............... :bonk

1 person likes this.
  2. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Now that all hair is gone, I bet you got combs- a lot of them. laugh1smiley

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Honestly, I believe divorces should happen because of torture, phycial or mental abuse. Then it is acceptable. However,many divorces are happening due to reasons like career, ego, incompatibility etc. Noone in the world is totally compatible with each other! It takes a lot to make a marriage work.No one has an easy marriage.No one is perfect. One has to some level of tolerance as long as u r not submissive. Marriage comes with it's ups and downs.Marriages is NEVER a fairy tale affair.It is a challenge.It is upto us to make it beautiful or not. Little less ego, little tolerance (Again as long as you are not being a doormat)less anger, little adjustment is definitely needed to make a marriage work and Yes there are going to be some sacrifices.However, if we sacrifice something we get something else.it is not easy. How well we emerge out is the answer.

putting it into a nutshell, marriage is a challenge and really tests a person's emotional strength:). Ask any successfully married couple and u will know how much they have worked to make it what it is:) I truly believe in the sanctity of marriage and it is absolutely a beautiful and amazing bonding.

5 people like this.
  4. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

Now that was encouraging. But I guess I should be prepared for work!

1 person likes this.
  5. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

When something BIG goes wrong BIG time...you never want to try it again, why would you?...you have only so much to lose. I think its normal for people whom marriage didnt work out.

I cant judge if what they think is right or wrong coz it all depends on how bad things went for them. Also, if they are fed up with the person or the institution(unfair standards) itself. Marriage is mutual respect,its a good thing.

It seems everything is going wrong way with divorces increasing and men complaining that women losing their patience and all...but I am sure its gonna end well

1 person likes this.
  6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

..its one die/life....at least people can remarry...there is a second chance,or third or fourth...now, thats not nice. So lifes not that bad if you are still alive.

7. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

yup yup yup//// want one? noway am givving it to you.. earn yourself.. hu hu hu :crazy

1 person likes this.
  8. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Its not easy in india for ladies to live without marriage.When it becomes easy there are lot of ladies( men too ) are going to obtain that option.Just like USA where 30 % dont marry.

1 person likes this.
  9. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Thought I am divorcee and scarred of remarriage I would still want to marry again provided I like the guy completely. It is better to stay single than staying with wrong one.. I have seen many of my cousins happily married without much of issues. So I keep seeing the positive side of marriage with happy couple around.

2 people like this.
  10. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

i think regrets come depending on how your marriage has been? no relationship is perfect, it is only when we are able to understand and live with the imperfections of our partner do we see a content marriage.. there are people who have suffered badly in their marriages - whether it was emotional, physical, mental or otherwise. For them many a times it is not easy to get in to marriage again but then there are many others who are willing to take a second leap of faith because they dont blanket one bad spouse to the general humanity. no one wants to be alone, we are not made like that, we are made to have a partner, with whom we can share life's joys and sorrows and experience highs and lows. however, we can never generalize opinions, because there are many who are fine living a single life too. they find their happiness in other activities. in the end, i would say to each his own, and regrets for such decisions - depends so much on how that relationship has been..

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    2 people like this.