1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Match advice

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by hrudaya, Jun 4, 2014.

1. hrudaya

hrudaya New IL'ite

Hey all,

I am new to this forum and I have read some of the posts here and felt I would get good advice from you all. Its' regarding a match advise for my sister.

My sister is tall (5'8") good looking, sensitive minded, highly educated and settled in her job in US. Her first marriage did not work and we are looking for a guy for her. Recently, we came across two matches which are both similar in most ways. Both guys match her education level and are good looking in their own ways except that they are one to two inches shorter than her and one can make obvious difference when the couple is together.

First guy - he is first marriage, said he is not too concerned about her past since he had a relationship problem as well in the past, chatted with my sis for couple months, said yes to her after they first met, told his parents are okay as well if both of them liked each other. My sis was in dilemma as to say yes or no, her main concern was height; he advised that they meet once again. When they met for second time, my sis was convinced and told yes to him but he later said his parents are not being completely agreeable and wants to go to India, speak to them and then let her know the decision in couple months.

Second guy- second marriage, spoke twice before they met, seems their interests meet, don't know the decision yet from guy's side but he seemed ok from his side. Parents in acceptance since both are second marriage.
    We looked into both of the matches and found no fault with either; both guys are settled well and not looking into marriage for a GC and the second guy's divorce reason is clear from his side and we are convinced.

Problem is heights- this may look too small a reason to quote when she actually faced so much in her past and many people would suggest to look whether she will actually be happy with the guy or not but any girl would think about it when it comes to marrying someone shorter than her. Same heights would not have been a problem for her but they are definitely shorter than her and though my sis has all good qualifications, her being second marriage options are lesser as she also wants to marry someone from same educational background. She is 31 now and not sure if we can wait further for better matches.

Though the reason is more of personal choice for her, I thought advice from this forum will better guide us. I thought second guy would be better since family is in acceptance. I don't know what more to tell her. Pls advise.

2. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

yes i agree with you sometimes you need to sacrifice on looks if the person is good and friendly i know it is very easy to say but try to convence her
    my aunt is 53yrs old now ,she too had a late marriage around 33yrs she rejected many matches as they were not suiting her personal choice but she had to give up as my grand father was very much worried at last she got married to a person that is ,m uncle who is 2' shorter than her and has a squint eye
    but beleive me she herself admits that she has the best hubby and kids and also suggests many facing this
    kind of situation
    hope this may be helpful
    alll the best

3. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

the second guy (secon marriage)sound better choice.
    since his also second marriage, both ur sis and the guy will same common understanding and expectation on this marriage.

4. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Second guy seems to be better.

5. newnewgen

newnewgen Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    As far as I have seen, If the husband is short and the wife is tall, they have a prosperous marriage, Their closet life will be very attachable one. Most men who are short in nature tend to succeed in life more often,