1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Coping with current separation with much difficulty

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Angeli132, May 21, 2014.

1. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Dear Op!
    Hugs & lots of prayers to you.Its tough times you are passing through.MAy God be with you .Its alright to have mixed feelings-noone expects such thing in their lives-Make all your attention on youself-Ask for your parents to come over & help you.Take some time out.If you are strong your kids will be also.As someone pointed file for divorceASAP-you dont deserve such a crappy man-

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This is sad. I'm sure your grief is warrantied. 13yrs in a relationship is not a joke. I would suggest you seek out a counsellor, somebody who can give you advice on how to move forward. You absolutely have to move forward, though. No point in regretting the past. I'm sure you have had good times too. Just cherish those and live life to the fullest today. Don't look back. As someone else suggested, take care of yourself. Hire a baby sitter and join the gym or go for a movie with friends or just shop for yourself. Get together with your friends and family members. Don't focus on what you had and lost but rather focus on what you have.
    Groom yourself to increase your confidence. Since you are working, concentrate on career advancement. It's going to be tough to be a single parent to two young kids but don't let that hold you back. Let your kids give you courage to live life to the fullest and not the other way around.
    Post tonnes of happy pics on Facebook. That's what a lady I know did. She said it have her satisfaction to prove to her ex that she was complete even without him.

3. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Scene from 'Time to Kill' between Sandra Bullock and Matthew McConaughey
    (Court adjourned)

They found Roark.

(She was tied to a pole the previous night by a mob, stripped, beaten and humiliated)

Jake: Hey Ellen , are you okay?

Ellen: So......I had to do this to get you to call me Ellen? (smiles)

Jake: I’m so sorry. This is all my fault.

Ellen: Don't sweat it, really.

They didn't hurt anything that won't heal.

With that attitude, you will be amazed at what you can do, when you won't give up in life. Just believe in this, believe in you and believe in every belief that you ever dreamed that someday you will be that something.

Get out, grab the world, you have no clue what bright future you are hesitating to unwrap ...go go go experience it! Don't let any dejection, cowardice, fear, weakness, anger, frustration kill your mettle. You are too precious for the people who will come in your life tomorrow, don't disappoint by not meeting them. Give time - and nothing less than a miracle is what you will experience in life when you heal. Take care.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. newnewgen

newnewgen Senior IL'ite

Never never turn back and see those years.... Don't even give a thought about those 13 years, You might not be able to survive, Just keep your mind occupied, office, home or some recreational activity. Even for a second if you give a thought about those lost years, the amount of pain your mind will feel will make you dread.... You are not the first one to suffer and you are not going to be the lost one. There are millions in the world who are still suffering. hence leave it, don't think that you have lost your precious life moments. Instead cherish the fact you have two beautiful kids who are going to take care of you. See them as the jewels you have saved, A balance has two plates, if one plate contains the loss which you have suffered, the other plate is far more heavier, you have kids, you had a wonderful life with him, your husband din't have any, To my knowledge he still would be issueless, But aren't you lucky, to spend those wonderful moments of your life with your kids.

Always see ahead, don't turn back to count the loss.

5. kitty89

kitty89 Silver IL'ite

Power to you sister. Take up a job and divert yourself. Share all your feelings with parents and take their help in raising your kids. I dont think you need to maintain any kind of relationship with your ex in-laws anymore.

Read some nice books. If you have money/energy participate in social activities.

Such hulligan is better lost than forced to bear.

He's sure to comeback to you. For heaven's sake don't accept him or give in to his words and false love.

1 person likes this.
  6. Charlyjames

Charlyjames New IL'ite

7. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Prayers for you and your children