1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need advise for a frnd

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by omnam, Feb 23, 2014.

1. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Hi Frnds,

One of our frnd is going through tough period in her marriage. Her husband left her in in-laws home and fled to US in just 2 months of marriage. Its been over 1 year and he dont call-up her. He call at his mom's mobile, when she answers the call, immediately MIL snatch mobile. On her relatives interference to resolve the matter, they became more cold to her and gave silent treatment. She moved to her parental house.

Though we have suggested her to complain in Police and they would catch her in-laws and make this guy come to take her back.

If they over smart what could be action points. can we complain about him in his office. Now-a-days many MNC have strict policies when it comes to harassing and frauds.

please advise.

2. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

I think company will not do anything for this matter. She can find some one in guys company and try to get his mobile number. May be she can look through his friends in facebook . Now a days companies keep the mobile numbers of employees in their directories. A simple search of name would give the complete details of the employee. Your friend can also find some one who works in that company with out the knowledge of her hubby knowing this. She can probably call him and record that call as a proof with out him knowing. I have found my ex number like this only he has changed his number and played games.also ask her to write a formal mail to his companies mail id cling her saying when he would take her and she can't bear the harrassment of the whole family here.

3. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

He deactivated his FB. No contact with his frnds it seems. sort of absconded. Just calls up his mom.

4. ivlakshmi

Did he change company as well? I can help out if you can PM me name and company .

5. SwornToSecrecy

SwornToSecrecy Silver IL'ite

The good news is you cant "flee" to the US. Ask her to go and file missing person case in India. Also call US consulate and file missing person case. They will find him in two days. All the best

sindmani, blindpup10, SGBV and 3 others like this.
  6. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Yes that's best idea, since he is not contacting, first file a case of missing husband, and let the case be filed in US also. Is the marriage registered here in India?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    sindmani likes this.
  7. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

if you want his number its easy to get as he called your MIL and try to talk with him personally before doing any complaint issues.. just my opinion cuz even though he intentionally absconding still he can react smart what ever you take actions related to complaints. so i suggest u try to talk with him personally once. but 1 year is too long ... faintingsmiley .. he may can get married there too .. file a case if so :rant

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

This girl is so scared of filing case and thinking her husband loves her so much and he will come back and thinks

9. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

then lets track him down .. where and what he is doing and why he is being a Laden in caves ..

10. ivlakshmi

Ask her to be practical and wait for reasonable time. Some whr i heard that US can grant divorce provide he is not in touch with wife for 2 years. It was the case with me for Singapore so I had get the things moving quickly. Ask her to check with layer.