1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

so much depressed without hubby

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by selvichennai, Jan 3, 2014.

1. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Ur mil might be silly. She just wants to depress you. Some people just wants to tell something or the other to bother. I have my aunt in law who used to ask me every week about baby updates. And now that I'm pregnant she asks some other things to irritate.

I just avoid her and trust me it's very difficult to ignore such people as they come and irritate very often.

2. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Next time when your husband calls and your MIL standing near you, tell your husband, mama take me with you soon, your mother is eagerly waiting for the grandchild, it's our duty to keep her happy. If possible put the phone on speaker. Let your mother in law hear her son's answer.

3. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Our society all blames women / wife for all things even to get a baby they will be behind DIL ..never say anything to their son .. thats the normal society ...

You how ever can tell you husband about it and check with him whats his stand on it

sindmani likes this.
  4. Sai3A21

Sai3A21 Platinum IL'ite

If u cant tell ur mom, its ok. But u have to tell ur DH about this for sure. Let him answer his mom about the baby issue as you alone cant say/do anything abt it. He knows his mom better than you know her and let him handle her as this is a sensitive issue. Meanwhile, divert yourself on things tht interest you or make you happy. Cheer up:thumbsup

5. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

I know the difficulty of facing this kind of problems in NRI family.

you have to adjust a lot and need more patient for that you just try to ignore her words. and explain your situation to your hubby and advice her to take you along with him, until you get into family way
    good luck

6. CHEER2012

CHEER2012 Senior IL'ite

Hi Dear, Inform your husband & ask him to talk to his Mother.

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Why do in laws get to decide when a couple have a baby?Why do women tolerate such nonsense? Just tell her it is something that you and your husband will decide.

sindmani, nalinidiv and beingloved like this.
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Easily said than done.

I assume this woman is tolerating all this because of its consequences. May be she doesn't want to embarrass her hubby by giving left, right and center to her MIL. This way, the MIL can either turn more evil, and put her life miserable in HER home. OR her husband would lose whatever the love he has now as many men hate to hear about issues back in home while they are in abroad.

Since she is living in India, it is simply expected to adjust, tolerate and move on with life. It is after all, not worth to lose a life, husband and a home just because of certain silly MIL-DIL arguments.

But I always support woman who stand up for any violence or abuse which are not tolerable. This is not the case here, given she is in a society, where certain behavior of a MIL is very common.

Open talks helps most of the times. She can tell her MIL that she too wants a baby, and waiting for her husband to give one soon. This way, the MIL gets to know/remember that a baby is not a product of a woman, but a man too need to invest his part.

Repeat this every time whenever her MIL comments. Simply that MIL wants to put some pressure on her, this way she is provoking her DIL. Why do you want to support her plan? Simply smile, and leave the place. Be nice with hubby, and stop complaining. Show MIL that you are not affected, and hence your relationship with your hubby is strengthening day by day, to a point where your hubby is planning to get you there. Punto finale.

Your MIL will eventually stop criticizing.

One day, you will be blessed with a baby, and your live will move on normally. When you turn back to your past from there, everything will seem silly my dear.

After all, it is not worth to lose a life, when there is no/limited hope for a second life. So better learn to live accordingly, but without problems.

sindmani likes this.
  9. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Next time your husband calls you..ask loudly to take you along with him as ur mil is wanting a baby from you.Do this every time he calls.
    See her reaction and have fun :)

10. Binita88

Binita88 New IL'ite

you are really awesome.. this is not her fault , both are included in this.. now a days everyone wants money , money doesn't makes everything ..
    We couldn't buy wife's love , baby's smile, mom's carrying , lot of precious thinks in this world more than money