1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas present from husband

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by desilady13, Dec 24, 2013.

1. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

desilady13,

You can make friends through IL till you make close friendships:)

Do not worry about the aspect of your kid missing out on playing in a huge yard etc...I think parents think about it a lot more than kids...I did not have it in my childhood and am pretty fine with it...I also think that i should provide it for my kid but i highly doubt that that is what he/she is going to miss...It is the environment in the house (loving/tensed) which matters most in a person's childhood (even though it is a cliche it is absolute truth) and i think its better for you here than in India as people in India are not yet accepting of the divorced/unmarried state mostly.

Stay strong and believe in yourself. I feel that you are capable of moving forward with confidence.

2. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Dear desilady,

You and your kid both are in my prayers dear . You will win this battle with flying colors and God will always bless you with the best in life.

With Love,
    Maddy

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear Ansuya,

I have to borrow Maddy's words..."Ansuya, I salute you"!!

I am sure OP too will join us in this for it is she who nominated this reply to the FP of the month. Congrats of course!

I truly think you are a boon to many who come to our relationship forum with heart wrenching stories. That you go out of your way to give such concerned and well meaning advice is praiseworthy. That you really feel for their situation is only too obvious from the patient and careful replies you give them. If I were Desilady, I would print out and hang it in my room to give me a constant courage and motivation.

Keep going Ansuya, our family here needs you!

L, Kamla

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear dear Desilady,

I feel saddened reading about the turmoils you are going through now.

Unfortunately, I am neither gifted with words nor the know how to advice you. Ansuya seems to have done a great job and I read her posts again and again. Dearest girl, don't lose your courage and a woman can be strong and resourceful and show it to him how she can survive...without such scumbags...sorry, that's what he is.

We all know of women who lost their husbands at an young age and have successfully faced life and brought up worthy children. So you will not be the first one, think of that...

My best wishes and prayers are with you. Prayers and trust in Almighty surely will help you. But you have to help yourself first. I am glad that you have already engaged lawyers to fight your cause. Don't be afraid of the costs for your life and your child are worth it. Money can be earned later. Let money work for you now.

Best wishes once again. Hope to hear happy news from you very soon...

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  5. desilady13

desilady13 Silver IL'ite

Thank you to everyone for commenting on this thread, giving me support and encouragement.

My divorce settlement is finalized. I am still coping with a lot of emotions of anger, betrayal, hatred, and loss of words....Next month would have been our 9th anniversary. I had hopes and dreams of a wonderful married life with a husband whom I had fallen in love with after getting married, dreams of building a house and raising a happy kid in a happy family. I am unable to come in terms with all that yet. Although divorce is what I wanted, I had a blink of hope that he would somehow magically change and everything would get fixed..maybe it was my fear of future speaking I don't know...

In reality, he was living with a female roommate, lied everything about his finances and debts and assets all the while still sending me manipulative emails that 'he still loved me'. I didn't believe a single word of all that, but somehow deep inside felt he would change....Unfortunately, things don't happen that way.

In our settlement at mediation, he claimed the two houses, literally threw all my stuff outside the house. I knew there wasn't much equity in the houses, and hence didn't fight or want to go to trial for a couple of thousand dollars. I did get 1/2 of his investment. I got complete custody of my 2 1/2 year old and child support payments. He got visitation rights to see the kid once a month.

I am really not sure how to take all this moving on...every single day I am sitting and thinking, why in the world did I have a kid? If I didn't have my baby, I would have never had to see his face ever again. What I don't get is, how is a kid raised healthily in a household where he has to keep shuffling between families? His father has never contributed anything financially or even took care of him in his 2 years of life. What I am unable to understand and find out is how - how do I drop my kid (for whom I fought and did what is right for my kid) and pick him up while looking at my ex-husband (his father) face again?

Moving on, I don't know what to expect - how could someone whom you have trusted for past 9 years, betray you, and manipulate you with emails, while really stand rock like a stone - and simply kick his wife and kid out of the house? I feel powerless, depressed, and unworthy from the past few days and don't even know what is the first step to move on...

6. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Hugs to you dear. You have been strong till now, continue to be the same. You have a lovely kid - who looks up to you. Think of this 'monthly once' visit as a price to pay for that beautiful kid and the smile that you get everytime you look at your loved bundle of joy. Stay strong. Like it is said in bhagavad geeta - everything happens for a reason. All these setbacks have happened so that you can get stronger. You've done great till now, hang in there..We are all with you!!

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Stay strong desilady....this is the end of a nightmare.This will pass too....
    Tell him to pick up and drop your kid.Very likely he will lose interest soon.Try and look forward ......you have a better future than your past.
    Best wishes and tons of hugs to you and your darling baby.hugsmileyhugsmiley

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. StrongLady

StrongLady Silver IL'ite

all the best with your future. May you have a good happpy life.

9. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Most of the irresponsible, not so attached fathers lose interest to come and see the child.They will appear only when they want to patch up with you.So cheer up .
    Prayers and best wishes.