1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Resources and advice for single mothers

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by desilady13, Dec 11, 2013.

1. mumpi

mumpi New IL'ite

Hi sheri, sad to know that someone is suffering like me.
    How are you handling the situation.What are you going to do?
    Any suggestion?

2. SwornToSecrecy

SwornToSecrecy Silver IL'ite

Have you contacted safe horizon? if not please do so immediately. They help people who are on h4 who have been physically and mentally abused by H1 spouses. They will help you get on your feet and by some luck also help you in granting a work visa. How old is your child? Please message me any details and I can help you

3. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

A good will advice from me is, instead of depending on friends for courage and support, have faith in God and yourself. Friends will look down on you, as a 'taboo' person, though outwardly they may pretend to be normal. The attitude towards single mother is , unfortunately , negative, in Indian immigrant community in US also. (the same way as it exists in India).

Three things will help you :

1) Developing self-confidence

2) Trust in God

3) Financial Independence.

Do not look for solace from friends. That will land you only in disappointment !

4. SwornToSecrecy

SwornToSecrecy Silver IL'ite

Sorry, but in the US and with a H4 there is nothing more you can do than rely on friends. Going back to India may be the better way out if parents/ sibings are supportive. Unfortunately sometimes parents are not 100% supportive but if yours are then I would suggest doing that. You have your visa so you can go to India and stay for few months while applying for jobs.