1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Karva Chauth and divorced women?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by RedRuby, Oct 11, 2013.

1. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hallo Ladies,

Karva Chauth is happily celebrated by married women and often by unmarried too whom pray for their future spouses while divorced women are considered a different case... So my question is, how you other divorced ladies celebrate this holiday?

2. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

As so many ladies viewed and no one replied i explain the reason why i asked this might silly question. Im a divorce, some people in my surrounding do know this while others dont. In my area (abroad) the women often celebrate together, we help each other out with the mehendi etc.... so its a bit like a social gathering partly. Some of my female friends suggested me i should participate and pray for my future husband...as a divorce i unfortunately feel very low and depressed to look forward to that day and also lost hope in getting remarried, so barely see the use and being more afraid im making a fool out of me, plus on top im insecure wether its even allowed i joyn the single women whom are not married yet :( hence, i would be thankfull if other divorced women could share their feelings, thoughts and experiences with me

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'm not divorced, but I feel that if participating in a holiday makes you happy, then go for it. You are unmarried and looking forward to a happy life with your future spouse then why should you be excluded from this celebration. Just because you were married once doesn't taint you in any way. You have good female friends if they suggested you participate with them. Make sure you join a group of known and trusted friends to shield yourself from the bigotry you are bound to encounter from some women.

4. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

There are only two status of women - single and committed. Anyone who wants to stay inbetween thinks she is in between but not!

If anyone asks you - 'Why Karwachauth?'

Tell them - 'My future husband wants a past-forgotten wife for a future life with past-resurrected spirit for our futuristic bliss and happiness'!

That should occlude next Q and keep them away till Holi! Enjoy what keeps you happy with people who keep your happy!

10 people like this.
  5. RituMK

RituMK Junior IL'ite

Hi Ruby ! I have read your view. now I am answering it as a woman , as a Feng shui and vastu expert and also as an Energy Healer.

I believe you can go for it and enjoy your day without any hesitation.
    If something not so good happen with you then you should not lose your faith in future because of that.
    Many women being divorcee or widow keep the fast of Haritalika Teej to pray for their future and next life ,so that they can get this marital bliss in their future or next life, and it is traditionally allowed . On this basis i can say that you can Keep Karwa Chauth also.and in many tradition it is not mandatory to see husbands face after doing moon puja. Karwa Chauth is also a day to worship lord Ganesha. So you can just go ahead and do your puja
    As an Energy healer and Feng Shui Expert I can say that if you create positive thoughts and energy around you then you can actually manifest that in your life. If you actually enjoy keeping this festival then by pampering yourself with Solah Shringar of saubhgya you are creating the love energy around you :)...
    So Go Ahead and enjoy your day. Happy Karwa Chauth to you :)
    May God give you lots of Happiness
    Ritu

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    3 people like this.
  6. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Yes keep karwachaut to get better hubby in future.. I would always pray got that I need to get married soon even though i am a divorcee. He knows that we are divorced and he would understand our wishes .

1 person likes this.
  7. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

Karva chauth will not keep spouses alive longer or get you a good future spouse... You do realize that right ?? Go ahead and have fun putting mehendi, dressing up and making it a social fun day if it makes you happy. Why should it matter if you are unmarried or divorced, if you want to, celebrate.

8. varah

varah Silver IL'ite

Uttaraa dear, Well said :cheers

Redruby,

I drafted a reply but did not post. Reason being I don't know the full significance of the festival and did not want to hurt your religious sentiments.

But now having uttaraa's dialogue handy, you can happily go, participate and enjoy.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  9. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Now a days, when very much married women also keep Karwa Chauth fast to get a better husband in the 'future/next life', why can't you? :wink:

10. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

:rotflpoor husbands that think (and wonder) wifey is fasting for them. but then, there is a future wife fasting for him in far off land. fair enough. :biglaugh

3 people like this.