1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Karva Chauth and divorced women?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by RedRuby, Oct 11, 2013.

1. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

It is good that you have friends that invited you to the gathering. You join them and have good time. Be careful about who you interact with. There could some judgmental people. Avoid them. You will be fine.

Are there any rituals where people exchange gifts/tokens? Are there any restrictions on the marital status of the people that need to exchange? You may want to avoid participating in such rituals so that you don't get hurt. People can be quite rude when it comes to protecting their status as happily married and auspicious wives.

1 person likes this.
  2. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hallo everyone, first i apologize for late reply. I read through all posts and simply have to say it cheared and helped me a lot. Unfortunately i fell sick over the holiday and had to stay in bed :( but i will keep all your words in heart and now looking forward to participate next year.

Several of you mentioned to be careful with whom to interact, yes thats totally right.
    @SimpleMom, thats exactly what i felt - protection of happy wife status - i saw it when one lady invited me on some other ladies, hence the tensions. Some even still seem to see single / divorce ladies as a threat, im not the only single women i know facing this (but divorced, since i dont know anyone else whom is)

@Gauri03 yes you are right, if something makes us happy why stay away from it coz some might dont like it?

@Uttaraa Wowoooo i loved that sentence!! "Tell them - 'My future husband wants a past-forgotten wife for a future life with past-resurrected spirit for our futuristic bliss and happiness'!" That one really made my day

@RituMK It was very interesting and educating to read your post, thanks a lot for the blessings, may god bless you and your family as well :) as you mention you are a Feng shui and vastu expert did you wrote in some threats about it? i would be really happy to read something from you about it, if there are some threats exist, please share the link, i would like to learn more about vastu and how Energy healing works.

@Ivlakshmi you are right, god doesnt judge on status but on character, actions and heart.

@Livinglife for me it really means more then the social part of it, and there is still this saying hope is the last thing to die, even its a placebo. I still have faith in God and in prayers ;) but cudnt agree more that marital status shudnt be reason if celebrate or not, thanks for the support.

@ Varah YES i loved her dialogue
    :clap

@Sweetshreya and Radhai had a good laugh about your posts, seems like there is a growing confusion about whom is fasting and praying for whom
    :confused2:

Thanks to everyone again, you made me think a lot and i could really get some strength out of this threat so i even felt sorry that i was sick.

2 people like this.
  3. roliatindu

roliatindu New IL'ite

Hi Ritu,

I read your reply over this topic related to Fasting of Karwa Chauth or Hartalika Teej by divorcee women. My Divorce case is still pending in court and as per holy statements Hartalik Teej can not be restarted. I have decided to get remarried again so should I continue my Hartalika Teej fast on the name of my new life partner or I should break now and restart later after getting remarried. I'm bit confused so please suggest me and guide me.

Thanks,
    Roli