1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A rant…

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by hgulla, Apr 7, 2013.

1. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

I woke up (never slept last night actually) this morning with a heavy heart, today is my fifth wedding anniversary, can’t believe we are entering the sixth year into our broken marriage. It’s been two years since we have been living as roommates (in separate rooms), just waiting to get our green card to file for our divorce. We are one of those people whose lives are hanging on the broken and unfair immigration system in the US.

As I lay last night, I was thinking how “fallen behind” my life has become compared to my friends and even my younger brother. They all are happily married with kids, everyone have their share of problems in life either socially or financially, but at least they do not have any uncertainty in marriage and are proud fathers/mothers. I have to be very clear here that I am very happy and proud with what they all have got and accomplished. The reason I brought that up was to explain why I am feeling I have fallen behind.

I always dreamed, planned and structured my life, I was very good at studies, never had any bad habits, a decent son, a decent brother, a decent friend, became an Engineer as planned, studied Masters in US, got married when I wanted to, happy at where I am with my career and social life etc. It’s after the marriage my life went into a spin, partly our personalities/brought up to blame, partly external influences, partly our luck too. I found out yesterday (thanks to facebook) that my ex-girlfriend had a baby, she looked so happy. I was happy for her too; somehow I felt it was a missed opportunity for me because I really liked her as a person.

Sometimes I wonder if there is something called fate or an entity called God. I wonder if God was created by man just to give a placebo effect. I think what did I do to deserve all the bad times I have gone through in the last 3 years, I lost an uncle, lost my nephew, dad met with an accident and my marriage in tatters etc. I was always a giving person, to friends, family and society in general. I used to think my past could have been better and look forward to a happier future, but for the first time in my life, I am more apprehensive about my future and thinking I should go back to the past and possibly change a few things. I am apprehensive of future because I don’t know how much will it be possible for me to be more giving, more trusting, more tolerating etc. after all of this, also it is scary to know a stranger all over again and trust that everything will be fine after getting married. I know my marital values, but I could never be sure about another person’s values.

I am just really hoping I get through this day; I don’t look forward to phone calls from my closest friends and family (even her family), wishing us a happy marriage anniversary. They all know our situation, but are in some hope that things will work out between us. I don’t know what to tell them, a sad “thanks” or an annoyed “whatever”. I already dodged a couple of them with a sad “thanks”.

For those who read this patiently thus far, thanks. Please don’t ask me the circumstances for my marriage situation; I don’t want my mind to think about it, not today. Besides I created a couple of threads on it before at IL. The reality is we both have to move on and really hope we get green card this year.

5 people like this.
  2. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Feel sorry for ur situation. I never thought that men will feel bad about relation ship failure. I have seen all guys moving on quickly. I feel that you still love your wife. At times one need alone time to understand others. Some feel that there is no love living together but realise the love once the person is away. Why dont you leave your wife for some time say a month and go on vacation? May be she will realise your value. All the best.

4 people like this.
  3. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

It is always the darkest before dawn. hang in there... everything will be alright again.

4 people like this.
  4. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I don't know your situation, but I believe there is a God, a redeeming force in this Universe who loves you.

I pray that your marriage and your happiness gets resurrected. I pray that a year from now you will come back onto these forums with a post that says, "Guess What, Wifey and I Returned from Greatest Honeymoon".

I don't know the circumstances, who is wrong or who is right, but I believe that God created Man in his image, and that when our souls are born into Human form, with a brain, we have choices. Choice to forgive, choice to pray that God fixes things (I've been reading Bhagavad Gita and listening to Joel Osteen, so bare with me).

I feel for you and your Wifey and I know God shall turn things around better than you dreamed of.

God Bless You.

2 people like this.
  5. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

Thank you all for your kind words.

IVLakshmi, no, I do not have feelings for her anymore, I want to move on even if she turns around. I lost the trust in her. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

You deserve a better life.May be something good is waiting for you.

1 person likes this.
  7. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Certain beverages will definitely help, bro.

1 person likes this.
  8. fellowblogger

fellowblogger Silver IL'ite

I feel sorry for you.. but bad times are definetly followed by good times so just have patience till god plans something better for you

2 people like this.
  9. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

loneliness make people miserable. since both of you have already checked out of this marriage, may be you should get back to dating scene again?

2 people like this.
  10. muyalkutti

muyalkutti Silver IL'ite

I agree with bhuvnidhi. Please if you get a chance please read secret and magic books by rhonda byrne. This suggestion may distract you from the current situation. God bless you with abundance of happiness.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.