1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus!

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by RiddhimaT, Dec 11, 2012.

1. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

Almost 90% of us might have read this famous novel by John Gray either during our college days or after marriage...

Problems happen and they do in every relationship, be it siblings, friends, parents, kids, spouse, neighbors, relatives etc etc....No relationship will be complete without some nick-knacks or fights and if it is a no-fight or no-argument relationship, its never a relationship!

Yes, Men are different than women, in their emotions, thinking, the way they react.

We all have fights with our DH/DW on regular issues be it kids stuff or just why the door is open or why the things of one room is in the other room but sometimes these issues get serious and that is not because these issues are serious enough to harm your long relationship but that is because we just don't want to listen or explain or rather we don't want to communicate about it to each other may be because of impatience or ego any other reason.

In brief, lets just discuss the times when your/your friends/relatives relationship was on the verge and they both very maturely brought back their happy times together.

This thread will not only help N number of your friends and mates to learn from your experiences but will also imbibe one thing, it takes a lifetime to build a home from a house and these small emotions of ego and impatience can in mins ruin your efforts of a lifetime.

3 people like this.

2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Edited: I agree with post below riddhima.
    'correct forum' police might object strongly :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

I am waiting for the 'decent' forum police to say "wrong forum". :)
    Just kidding, Riddhima. Good thread though.

1 person likes this.
  4. RiddhimaT

Dear Police Gals :)

The purpose of getting this thread going in this forum is:

1) Motivate people to think again, who are talking about their frustration and separation with spouse
    2) Help people who have already been separated to take the initial step and build their relation again.

Opinions?

2 people like this.
  5. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

:mrgreen: oops sorry riddhima .... Will lay our lathi down and get typing. :)

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  7. RiddhimaT

Anitap and Radhai: You guys owe me 2 examples each now:twisted:

2 people like this.
  8. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Marriage situation overall has been kind to me riddhima except minor glitches. So can give only general ideas.

Btw, am busy making a few deals on splitting Santa's loot with our fellow il members. Will take some time to post here. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

1. Give space to one another. Need not be like conjoined twins. Have separate hobbies etc.

2. Have some fun activity like watching funny sitcoms / going for a post dinner stroll / playing some indoor board games etc everyday at least for 30 Min - 1 hour where the husband and wife can discuss the day's activities with a smile on the face. A calm fun time will ensure that both will want to continue this tradition.

3. Don't pounce on the spouse just when they are entering the house (after work) to complain or talk about serious things. Let coming home be a pleasant experience.

4. Cut out the emotions / drama / animated gestures / quivering lips / tears etc etc while saying anything about their family. Talk facts alone. Not one person (us included) can accept negative things being said about our family.

4 people like this.
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Accept and understand the fact that every individual is unique; hence different from each other. What suits best for someone may not suit for the other.
    Also, when generalize about something, we should also learnt to understand the fact, that there are always exceptions.

When it comes to relationship, the love matters the most; Although incompatibility and difference of opinion exist, it is better to find a middle point and stick to it, rather than "run away from it".

There is no relationship that is full of "Happiness", yet you can not find a second or third life this way. It is a written truth that every single relationship has their own issues. What matters the most is, how capable you are in handling it.. your limits of tolerance, which differs from person to person.

My aunt was able to tolerate her husband who once had an EMA and had a child with that EMA woman. Aunt was able to accept, understand (?) and then control her life completely. Uncle is now the pet of my Aunt, who shares a very happy and a long married life by making kids, and giving them extra ordinary life. Had my aunt divorced uncle, she won't be lived this happily and so the kids too. But I can not think of accepting my husband, if he does the same.

I accepted my husband's fault of not taking responsibilities of our own family, but to nod his head to whatever his mom says. I managed to change him, and made him as my man. But, for my mom its too much for a girl, that too an independent woman like me. She would rather prefer to get rid of this headache and move on.

Everyone is unique....so their pains, their visions and everything.

1 person likes this.