1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life better for divorced woman in USA

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Unhappylady, Jun 20, 2012.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

New York is one of the great cities of the world. Moreover, one is only four hours away from Washington DC and Boston. That's three amazing cities for the price of one! It does no harm to spend some time in NY. It may do a world of good. If she is independent, she will thrive. If she is not, then she will learn to be, to the extent that she wants to. The sheer vitality in art, music, theater, film, dance, opera is enough to stretch anyone's imagination - it is certainly enough to bring your sister out of her post-divorce shell if she will let it. Nosy, judgmental people are easily avoided. It is certainly a little harder to build lasting friendships, but, with a little openness and cultural savvy, that can be done as well. NYC is no more dangerous than Mumbai. Wish your sister good luck and see her off to a new life!:wave

3 people like this.
  2. Unhappylady

Unhappylady New IL'ite

Thanks sokanasanah! thats very encouraging!

3. Nd123

Nd123 Gold IL'ite

Exactly what "great improvement" are you taking about??

Maybe you should be more concerned about finding a girl who you can love and care about than finding a maid who will serve you and of course put on make up and act out your fantasies.
    Indian and Pakistani women like the women in the rest of the world, are looking for a caring and decent man who will respect them and treat them as his equal, not someone who thinks that he deserves to be served coz he married her.
    I cook and clean and fetch beer for my husband because I love him and care for him and he cares for me in return not for some so called "great improvement".

If you want a maid hire one don't try to marry one. A cross cultural marriage is not as simple as you think. There are a lot of adjustments that you have to do to make for it to work. Marriage is about the needs of 2 people not just one.

4 people like this.
  4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Ignore jimmy the troll. Don't make him happy by replying to his nonsense. Don't forget to report him.

1 person likes this.
  5. indu69

indu69 New IL'ite

hey u there ??

6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

living alone is easy in usa I feel, no body bothers u once u enter in your house. But need to be prepared , what is needed in usa.

1. learn car driving, get international drivers license from India, so that she can start driving from day one in USA, by renting a car. After few weeks she can get US drivers license. ( of course u can call taxi, ask friends or colleague help)

2. Get a job as early as possible there. Have some body there so u can rely on for advise or help when it is needed for first few months.

i my self lived alone for several years in usa , job purpose, but recently I had to live alone in India for an year or so, I couldn't dare to live, even though it is my home country. So I lived with my parents in that time.

1 person likes this.
  7. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

It is a good decision to move on and to look for better prospects in USA.

Life outside India, especially in developed countries are much better and safer for a woman. Even cities like Dubai, KL, Singapore etc are much safer compare to Indian
    cities.

People are same everywhere. So if your sister wants to escape from embracing situations, better keep a safe distance from the Indian community.
    Do not try to be a member of that community, rather stay as a stranger. Let the relationships build in its natural way and pace. Protect your privacy. Do not trust anyone.

Being a divorcee, do not pressurize yourself for another marriage. Be open but take your own time to make a decision. Be cautious about proposals from Divorcees. We do not know how his real character is. Many divorcees are mentally sick or with really worse character.

All the Best.

1 person likes this.
  8. jammu011

jammu011 New IL'ite

With all the difficulties related to divorce and all .. now she has an option to move to better environment.

Parents concerns are valid on some issues. Being lonely in new environment etc, but that is true for any women , married or not..

So, Ask her grab the opportunity and do her best in life.