1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to handle this issue with my dad

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by ivlakshmi, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I am 27 year old divorcee..After divorce my dad said that he will search match through relatives..later he told to wait for some time due to astrological issues..
    now after 6mons he is turning deaf ear (before he said he will search in oct)..he is not showing any interest in the search..nor talking about it in spite of me telling him directly/indirectly... He is showing more interest in my career than my personal life.. I earn well , only child of my parents and we dont have any properties..basically we are poor people.. At one side I am feeling low that this divorce has happened..and on the other side i am feeling tht age is increasing.. I feel that my father is only interested in the security of life by keeping me unmarried and not making good life for me.he more bothered about my job than my personal life.My mom also told him couple of times to tell relatives for matches, he is not telling any one..
    he is blaming me and taking advantage of my situation thinking I cannot do anything as i cannot find a guy my self (I being vegetarian)..
    I have kept my profile in matrimony website and no good matches coming up..It was only me struggling to put my profile some where.
    shall i walk out of my parents place or wait some time, see situation and then walk out?
    I am really fed up of my life , had a normal childhood with not many wishes ...always working hard going on buses ..thr r many ppl like me but I am feeling sick..please advice friends.

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Are you trying to get married to run away from your parents. i am much elder to you in age not married having a good life, life is not all about marriage, what if the next guy you meet is not nice and you have divorce as well. Concentrate on yourself on your career and if you don't mind me asking why did you have a divorce? how long were you married for.
    think clearly what you want to achieve in life and in this life no one is poor we are all rich in our ways, you have food on the table to eat right a roof over your head right! if you have this then you are not poor. If you want to become rich then work hard make name for yourself and be the pride of your parents.
    Do not have negative thoughts. please remove them, you will get married be patient.
    love
    alpa:cheers

1 person likes this.
  3. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Given your background, i would say, career will be very important for your future life. I suggest, work hard and concentrate on your career. You are young. You will definitely get suitable matches. Do not fret over it. Walking out is not going to solve the problem.

1 person likes this.
  4. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Work and being financially independent comes first before getting married the second time around.
    Also don't blame dad. When the timing is right you will meet the right guy with your own efforts or with the help of dad and others.

5. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Wow!!! I never knew that people are otherwise also... Why don;t you be patient. You are not 40yrs or so and left with none... you still have age.. dont you want to have a better life... just to get rid of your sadness dont fall on a trap... Marriage is just a chapter in a life it does not fulfil everything. Keep yourself busy. This is the time you can do a lot. You are earning so no financial issues. Join drama/dance/music class. Idle mind is devil's play.

I'm also of the same age(infact younger than you)... everybody around me asks the same... be confident and there are lot more things in life... just be patient and find for the best.

I know women who are not married and are above your age. Either they dont like the groom or parents dont like the groom. They do have mood swings but still they have a small smile always on their face.

Worse case worse you dont find anyone that you prefer or your parents dont find anyone. Adopt a kid and bring meaning to your life.

6. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry Lakshmi... U will find a nice guy at the right time... Ur first marriage was not successful, so may be ur dad is a bit worried n he does not wanna give ur hand to some xyz... He would like to be extra cautious this time... So, for tht, may be he wants some time... Wait for some more time... I think u got divorced only in August na, so he might be thinking tht he does not wanna talk to relatives so early about this... May be he wants to give time to everyone to forget tht old bad chapter... Meanwhile, he would want u to work well on ur career so tht u can stand on ur own feet n then he can find a better guy for u... Ur dad wants u to be independant so tht atleast the next guy will not want to do what the previous guy did... Give him sometime n then try talkin to him after a few months... Don't be in a hurry... This is marriage, we just like tht cant be in a hurry... We need to think of 'n' number of things before we even consider a guy... Have patience... God will give u a good life soon... Don't think of leaving ur parents... Ur their only daughter, they might sure be thinking of ur life only always... They have no one else to worry about... They are our parents, they know what we need the best... Just by leaving ur home, ur not gonna solve any problems, who knows u might get into more trouble.. So leave all the negative thoughts aside n stay happy always... Tc...

1 person likes this.
  7. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

There is no clock ticking anywhere and no deadline to get married. Yes, you are doing the right thing by putting up your profile on matrimonial websites. Also, its not enough, if you just put your profile there. Talk to guys in these matrimonial websites, and figure out what you want in your partner. Take it one day at a time! GL!

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

woww!!!! you seem to be someone who does things just at the drop of a hat??? is it??

REally sad to see how you judged your parents...basically you have to understand that dont force/push things...specially when it comes to marriage....yes you posted your profile on some sites and people are not shwoing interest...may be someone may show interest after 6 months...what then?youw ill take back all these words you used??

you are talking about marriage...keep that in mind..HASTE MAKES WASTE!!!

growup and be mature because thats very much needed quality in marriage..if you start putting allegations like these now, later on people will never come to support you no matter what because you doubt their ability/capability.

Also one more thing...let your father try/not try from his end..you are trying too right? through matrimonial sites? so when that site didnt work out foryou..may be how many people will your father tell about your marriage...? people will actually misunderstand if you keep pushing n following up with them too much.

Take a step back and take it slow. One more thing..being a vegetarian is not a sin....be happy that guys are not showing interest and are being genuine about their eating habits...what if some guy traps you saying he is a vegetarian and ends up that he is not and he pushes you also into what you dont like???

thank god for saving you from such nasty traps...be happy for who you are and what you are!!be confident...you never know when things work out of blue!!

9. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Hi THere,
    You are only 27, which is a very young age. There is still lot of time. Probably your father couldn't communicate certain things to you. Might be just fear factor that he should not make nay mistakes. Might be he want you to grow up, better settled before beginning your second life.
    I don't know why you got seperated. But Take this time to work on what went wrong in your first marriage. From your side, think of what you can change that would make your life better. Give yourself some cooling time.Concentrate on job, career.

Ask some of your friends to view your matrimonial profile & check whether you can do some changes. You keep visiting the profiles in sites and express interest.Wait patiently, many times good things will work out unexpectedly.

10. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

Hurry is not the right option.. You should concentrate much in your career... Earning good amount isnt enough.. Stable job... Right atmosphere is required..
    Get matured in personal life.. You seem to try to escape from some where .. Think a lot on what has gone wrong, what can be corrected, what are your expectations ... or if you have already some expectations.. do you think are they really required ? Certain things in marriage cannot be evaluated before actual marriage... So what you need is groom yourself getting adapted to handle things efficiently and boldly... Then think about next marriage