1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Smile with me please

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by ansh12, Feb 10, 2008.

1. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

[​IMG]

As Valentine's day is approaching I am writing something in a lighter vein.

Wish u all a very happy valentines' day.

A fuuny quote but very true

"You can marry a person without knowing him, but to take divorce you really have to know him well"

Ok ILites, I invite you all to respond to my query in a lighter vein. Common, every one we need to laugh, we need to let the child out. What u have to do is narrate a true incident which stumped your hubby and made him speechless.

Read mine, here it goes

My hubby had habit of always belittling me and demeaning me. I would take it quietly, being newly married(six months into married life). One day, he said in a very sarcastic tone in front of my MIL,"you have a very bad choice", :idea: I winked at him (obviously my MIL was having her back towards me) and said, I perfectly agree with you, "You are my choice and I am yours, you have excellant taste":tongue

Can u imagine his facial expressions, STUMPED!!! Clean Bowled!!! Speechless.
    For me it was like winning a limited overs match.

:lol:
    Looking forward to some hilarious post about such incidents.

Best wishes
    Ansh

2. preethi27

preethi27 Senior IL'ite

Good Shot!! Dont mistake me for my words. Always husbands feels that they are wise & wife's are the fools bonkBut how looooong???

3. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Preethy

Thanks for ur comments. Thnaks for reading too. Would you like to share something hilarious from your end. Looking forward to a post from you

Best wishes
    Ansh

4. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ansh,

Nice thread! :clap

" a true incident which stumped your hubby and made him speechless."

I don't know whether the following would fall in this category or not...:) but these are some romantic moments that I remember my hubby becoming speechless in front of me... :)

My hubby loves talking to people...even on the jaymaal stage, he was busy laughing and chatting with his cousins and friends. However when he saw me as a bride for the first time, he went absolutely speechless!
    :) There was this look of amazement in his eyes, his jaw dropped a lil bit and he stopped mid way in speaking a sentence .. :wink:

He later told me that it was the first time he had been clean bowled.. he he..:)

Later at the airport when he had come to see me off (we went back to US on different flights as we were in diff. cities for a while), he was giving me lots of instructions on what all I should be careful about etc...and in the middle of his lil speech, I just dropped my bags, hugged him and kissed him right in the middle of the airport. He went so still, I thought he was going to be angry...then he hugged me back..:) he had gone all red and verrry shy...which with my hubby is a miracle coz he is the most extrovert of all persons I know...:)

The last time I saw him speechless was when I spent all day baking a chocolate cake for him (on his birthday) from a long drawn recipe with raspberries etc. It took longer than usual because I had a fussy baby in my arms all the time...He looked at the final result with so much love and became very emotional...He said " I can't believe you went to so much trouble just to bake me a cake...nobody has done that before.." then he took hazaar pix of the cake and send it to everybody in our family...:-D

Looking forward to hearing from others....:)

love,
    Aarushi

5. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

hmmm

Full point ..great topic

Lots of incidences.. I am more talkative of two. So its natural. But few outstanding ones are:

1. We were going to see renting place. There was this 85 years old owner, who was some big shot. He had some huge estate. This was his oldest home, which was open for rent. I had spoken to him on fone day before. We were both stumped at seeing his own house. it was like Mini Taj Mahal.. And such lavish house in US like rare.
    Then after we met in person. He talked lil bit about house. And out of no where , he started saying to my hubby.. You know, I am very jealous of you.. You have got one jem of a wife. A person who can convince someone to sell his all belongings on fone has to have a great soul. And after seeing her, I know if I would have somebody like her in my tweties. I wouldnt have remained single..
    My husband was shell shocked.. I mean he didnt what to say..

2. Now this one is bizarre, but still a speechless moment. We were on our honey moon trip. We were travelling in train from Bangalore to Erunakulam. This elderly gentlemen sitting in front of our seat had more than usual interest to talk to us. After talking for an hour, we closed our curtains and we were talking and watching out of window. This gentle man peeks out of curtain, and says you guys are not sleeping , so we can still talk. My husband was very angry.. but he dint say anything.. I took the courage and told him to mind his own business.

My dear hubby was shocked to see his new bride in a new avatar.. :)

Ria

6. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ria and Aarushi

Thanks for posting. Really enjoyed reading about the incidents.

I know, you are gem of persons so, hubby's have to be proud of you.

Aarushi regarding public display of affection, I am in favour of it till it doen's make somebody else uncomfortable. Someone rightly commented that some political factions don't utter a word when wife is beaten up, a girl friend stripped publically, but indulge in hooliganism in name of protecting Indian culture when hubby holds hands, hugs his wife.

It was so sweet of you to have done that.

Best wishes for Valentine's day
    Ansh

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

7. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Aaah Ansh, I should have specified...the kiss was on the cheek...:) and lasted all of 1 second...like this...he he :kiss The same way I kiss my mom and dad when I meet them or see them off...:)

Ria: loved the description of the mini Taj mahal..:) So did you guys finally live in the estate?? :)

L,
    Aarushi

8. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aarushi

I was mentioneing about hug, it doesn't matter whether kis was on cheek or forehead or .....Big Laugh, In india, just holding hands is indecency, leave aside hugging.

Any way

Ria yes did you live in that mini Tajmahal?

That reminds me of a joke

A wife complains to her husband see you don't love me enough to build taj for me , Husband says "You first die and then see how much I love you ?"

Hans do na yaar?

Love Ansh12

9. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

that's a good one Ansh!:rotfl

This reminds me of "Jhoom barabad Jhoom"... There is one scene where Abhishek Bachchan brings Preity Zinta to a red colored maqbara kinda building and tells her that it is the Taj Mahal (he's too poor to take her to Agra)...When Preity asks him why it is not white, he says its because he spend the the last few days painting it red for her...Big Laugh

10. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Aarushi

Hope I am able to put smiles on few faces and broaden the smile of those who always smile.

May u keep smiling

Love
    Ansh