Called 911 - Help Pls! URgent

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sweeetheart, Sep 25, 2011.

1. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

SH, You shud ask your attorney or Court Clerk. They will give you the details.

Desiheart, My husband was ordered 6 months of Anger Management classes every tuesday for 2 hrs.How long is your husband's classes. Also the minimum is usually more than what mentioned. Its atleast a month or more.

2. desiheart

desiheart Bronze IL'ite

Sweetheart, yes info. can be obtained from Attorney or County Clerk.
    If you want to check for yourself, look at the Citation or Arrest Report
    there will be court date and court name.

If court name is:

ABC County Court - Class A
    ABC Municipal Court or ABC Justice of Peace Court - Class C

Also, when u said on 911 MIL harassed, but instead cops arrested ur husband.
    That means he took the blame on himself to avoid his mother getting deported or arrested.
    Usually, when the cops come home and hear conflicting versions from victim and defendent either one or both of you will be arrested.

In my case, i told on 911 and to the cops husband hit me, he also admitted he hit me to cops when they came.
    So there was no conflicting version. Plus I told truthfully there was no pain and requested cops not to arrest him (don't know if that helped). So no arrests were made but husband was asked to stay 24 hrs away from home. No temporary restraining order was issued. Cops asked me if I want one, I said no. Class C domestic violence assault citation was issued on the spot to him.
    I kept MIL completely out of the picture when cops told me if my MIL needs to be sent away from home too for a while, I firmly said to cops she is a very nice lady and not involved at all in this situation.

If you can have one cool and calm talk with ur husband about what exactly he told cops, it will be a big step before meeting attorney.
    Do not let it slide it into a mud-slinging match, it is not time for that yet now. If husband tries to blame or berate you, cut the topic, walk away and say u will be ready to talk only if he sticks to the facts of the case.

Chocolate, I will check more info. on those anger mgmt classes. For now Attorney asked him to go for 8 hours day long class before the first meeting with Prosecutor and bring certificate to show proof of repentence to Prosecutor for negotiations.

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Sweetheart and Desiheart, No updates from your side. Hope everything is going okay.Do post back. Good Luck.