OB&Gynacologists in Chennai

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by pinky2, Jul 24, 2008.

1. dhanyaa

dhanyaa New IL'ite

Pls - Guidance to Gynecologist

hi,
    I am now 2 mths preg with my second baby.:)

I delivered my first baby at Josephs nursing home. Though i had a normal delivery, my overall experience wa very bad. Long waiting hours, inconsiderate staff. even at the scan room, you just lie down and nothing is told or explained, you just have to be a dummy and Strictly No husbands participation at all!! :rant

I want to have a pleasant journey now. After reading all the threads i am now confused whether to choose Dr Shanthi Sanjay Venkateswara hospital or Rajshri of EVK Kalyani. I have no experience whatsoever with either.:spin

Can ppl please share your experience with them and the rates and services at botht he hospitals. please:bowdown

thanks and regards

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Pls - Guidance to Gynecologist

Hi Dhanyaa,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Congrats on your pregnancy. :)
    I have been to EVK for infertility treatments. Seen many pregnant laddies over there... Nurses & docs will be good. No idea on how they will treat/explain the things in scan & other stuffs! Have witnessed a normal delivery over there(my close friend).
    Hope some other who have gone there helps you with more info!
    All the best.

3. srinipt

srinipt New IL'ite

Check out Dr. Radhika. She is at Anna Nagar. She was with Prashant Hospitals and Apollo earlier. Very good and takes excellent care of her patients. Her contact number is 9790926447. My Wife is pregnant, thanks to her.

4. senmalar

senmalar Senior IL'ite

Re: OB&Gynacologists in Chennai near K.K. Nagar

Please suggest a good gynaec for consultation near K.K.Nagar.I am into my 5th month of pregnancy.

5. T.Praveena

T.Praveena New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am into my 5th week pregnancy of second baby. I delivered my first baby in Billroth thr C- section. But this time I want to undergo normal
    I have undergone Gall bladder surgery on last April in malar. I feel Malar is the worst hospital in service and care. While removing the gallbladder, one stone in skipped into my pancreas it seems. But doctor adviced me to discharge. But next day morning itself my health condition went bad and again i was admitted in the Malar, ICU. I was in ICU for 6 days. No one answered properly about my health condition to my DH for first 24 hrs it seems. Ohh..really it was a horrible days.

Now really I am worrying to go to Hospotal without knowing about them. I am staying in Velachery. Can anyone suggest me a good doctor, who will take care our health like their's?

Thanks,
    Praveena

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  6. sreepadmav

sreepadmav Junior IL'ite

Re: Child Birth Classes in Chennai.

I am thinking of choosing between dwi or Ojasfoundation's janani. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

7. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

Re: Pls - Guidance to Gynecologist

Hi,
    I had my delivery in EVK only.
    Dr.RajaSri had attended my delivery. I enjoyed my entire pregnancy because of Rajasri. She guided very well in all the aspects.
    She took Pregnancy classes also. That was too informative.
    The way they treat the patients during delivery was too good. She was so encouraging me. So, my i recommend EVK.

Regards,
    Madhumidha

8. Farez

Farez New IL'ite

hi,
    I had my delivery in apollo hospital,sowcarpet, by Dr.Vinutha Arunachalam. She is very good and caring and even explained all my fears. had a normal delivery and was very happy with the experience. would highly recommend her.

9. jo12lv

jo12lv New IL'ite

Re: Good Gyno

Hi,

I am pregnant now and plan to return to India around my 28th week or so. Is it possible to get appointments with the doctors at Seethapahy or Dr. Shanthi Sanjay at that time? Do you know if they take patients in the third trimester? I see that you highly recommend these doctors - thats why I am very interested in them.
    Thanks
    Jo

10. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

ladies,
    kindly share the experiences with Dr. Jeyarani Kamaraj of Akash
    Dr. Samundi sankari of Srushti
    Dr. Mala of Vijaya hospital
    Dr. Saraswati of Miot

am planning to conceive and am a whole lot confused over whic doc to pick... i had gone to vijaya hospital and not satisfied with cleanliness... am not sure how the maternity ward will be though.. lately visited Jeyarani Kamaraj but long wait even after appointment made me sick.. dont know about the doc. the pharmacist in medical shop suggested Samundi sankari...havnt visited srushti hosp yet. pls guide me on this ladies. i had lot of hope for Jeyarani. but after the visit i dont think i can mesh well with her. or am i wrong?