Darkened skin around the neck

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by nishaprasanth, May 18, 2008.

1. nishaprasanth

nishaprasanth New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I just delivered a month ago and its normal delivery. During my 7th month pregnancy, my skin colour around the neck became very dark. And i had itchiness all over my body but without any rashes. It didnt leave any mark except the stretch mark on the tummy. When i asked around, it is due to the stretching of the skin.

But now even after my delivery, my neck still look the same and the itchiness hasn't got better.

Please help me with any remedies.

regards,
    nisha

2. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Hi nisha..

I also had the same problem. By my 7th month of pregnancy my face ans neck go so dark with lots of pimples in it... with itchiness. It was sooo horrible for me..but soon after delivery the black color was gone.

For the neck I use turmeric paste everyday before bath. And it is working too :)

3. nishaprasanth

nishaprasanth New IL'ite

Hi mallu gal,

Ohh u had the same problem too is it.... I thought i was the only one coz no one actually replied my post.

Well thanks for ur remedy. I will try that out. When i asked some of my relatives, they said it will take time, so have to be patient.. hmm!

Regards,
    nisha

4. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

hi nisha,
    i too had darkening of neck and underarms, but after delivery it went off gradually.this happens due to oigmentation. will go away naturally!!!

5. VasumathyBalaji

VasumathyBalaji Senior IL'ite

Hi nisha

I m in 37th week of pregnancy, same thing happens to me also :(

but i m applying kastoori manjal ( turmeric powder) and oil on the affected areas and scrubbing with a vetriver scrubber.

so that darkened skin will be more minimised but not 100%

vasu

6. Deepi

Deepi Senior IL'ite

hi
    i am in 34th week...even i am facing the same.. but my face also has become a little dark.. i have stopped all my face packs after i became pregnant.. could this might be the reason for the darkness?? i am confused.. also i have got stretch marks.. at some places the stretch marks are also dark.. what can be done for that?? please help!!!

7. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Hi Deepi

I totally undersytand ur situation...this is all done my the hormones and is normal during pregnancy. U cant do anything abt it now... wait until u deliver.

I am from Kerala.. so had the typical kerala treatment after delivery... with medicinal bath.. eating lots of lehyams etc.

After delivery for the last 3 months i am applying turmeric on my face and body. It has helped to remove the dark color ...also has lightened the dark stretch marks a lot. U have to use it consistently for sometime to get the results.

8. nishaprasanth

nishaprasanth New IL'ite

Hi Deepi,

Dont worry too much. What Mallugal said is true.. wait till u deliver, gradually u will get back ur normal skin colour.

It has been 7 weeks since i delivered, the stretch marks n darkened is getting lighter. Im applying turmeric powder daily too. U cant expect it to disappear overnight.. it takes time. After ur delivery get back to ur normal facial routine to get back all the moisture on the skin coz during pregnancy our body gets very hydrated.

So not to worry n have a safe delivery.

regards,
    nisha

9. Deepi

Deepi Senior IL'ite

hi nisha and mallugal,

Thanks a lot for your reply.. will wait patiently.. good to know that applying turmeric helps.. i will also follow that without fail Bow

10. hema_gladston

hema_gladston Bronze IL'ite

I too had darkened skin during pregnancy but it dissapeared two months after delivery. For the lines in the stomach due to streching of skin aplly olive oil daily. I started applying olive oil from the 5th month of my pregnancy as a result i dont have any marks in my belly. This advice was given by my sis. Thanks to her too

Hema