Managing baby and myself after delivery

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by renutn, May 3, 2012.

1. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I am now 17 w pregnant and my due is on first week of Oct. As I can't expect any help from anyone in India so I am mentally preparing to take care of myself and baby after the delivery.

I wanted to know whether anyone sailed in the same boat and their experience.

Basically I want to know whether we can manage that time our health as well as baby's health, bath, feeding

sindmani likes this.

2. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

I am pretty much in the same boat :-(...24th week now and delivery in August...one of my aunts *may* come for a month or so, but am mentally preparing to face this by myself. So will look forward to some valuable tips from those who have gone through this situation!

3. rathu14

rathu14 Bronze IL'ite

i'm also in the same situation.If my parents get visa they will come.Otherwise i don't know how i'm going to face it.Need info from people who managed this.

4. rathu14

rathu14 Bronze IL'ite

Renutn i'm also same like u.My due is on oct I week

5. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Glad that I got company...but have you guys became emotionally weak when you think about this ..
    somedays i feel shattered...get angry on myself ...frustrated...don't feel like to eat anything...but have to eat so manage with junk food....
    strangely even outside food also i am not liking it...:(

hope some experienced ladies give some tips for us.

6. anutt

anutt Bronze IL'ite

to all the three wonderful ladies out there, i have not sailed in that boat, but all the very very best for you manage on your own.. it will be difficult but somehow am sure with tons of planning u should be able do it...sorry i dont have tips here.. but all the best and take care of your health...

sindmani and cj1980 like this.
  7. ramyaraja

ramyaraja Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I have been there last Oct when I gave birth to my 2nd daughter.. my hubby and myself managed everything.. my eldest daughter who is 5 helped us a lot to cross the toughest moments with ease..:) this is what we followed .. during my c- section my hubby took my elder one home every night and i took care of lo with help of nurses.. after coming home my hubby cooked for 2 weeks and I had my enough rest.. then from 3 rd week I cooked every night for dinner and next day lunch. I tried sleeping with the baby and did most of the household during late afternoon when she slept... my hubby helped me in household chores and he adjusted a lot with whatever I cooked.. when I was not feeling well due to lack of sleep, he took over cooking ... you girls can surely do this.. don't worry.. if you have close friends don't feel shy to get helping hand.. they will surely be happy to help.. all the best ladies.. :) hope this helps you

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  8. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

It's a bit strange...but I am feeling quite confident about facing these challenges. It is probably because I have gone through the pain and trauma of infertility for over 2 years and have trusted God to help me through my struggles. I believe He will either send me some help or will give me the physical and emotional strength to overcome these challenges! My husband is not as confident to manage a newborn, but he is helping me out with cooking and household chores as much as he can. So I am sure he will whatever he can do to help me post-delivery.

I would love to hear how some of you have handled feeding, sleeping, and other household chores in the first few months post-delivery. I understand it is difficult to have a "set time" for any activity, once the little one arrives. But, is it possible to bring some order to the chaos??!

sindmani likes this.
  9. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

ramya thanks for pitch in and an inspiring reply...my H can help in household chores but cooking he don't know much ...that's fine i think. my main question can we able to get up say atleast 1 week?

10. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies, congrats on your pregnancy. We managed with our first daughter
    I had csection. It was me and dh for first 2 months. For 4 days my sis came from Canada.
    Tips:
    We stayed in hospital full 5 csection package days even though I healed well before. So that we r near nurse n doctor for help.
    Slept a lot in hospital after surgery. Nurse will be there each time baby diaper change I called her or dh.
    In hospital after delivery they give free baby care class attend it with your dh.
    They will talk very important n basic things, once u go back home how to care for baby.
    Things to do 1 week before d date at home.
    Cook few curries and keep them in freezer, small portion , ie. heat once and eat once size dabbas. May be just for 4 days. For bf, have bread or cereal shop before hand n keep at home. Milk in fridge compulsory. Buy extra bags of rice and dal, so that ur dh does not have to go to grocery every now n then for basic items.
    If ur house is near Indian store than sell cut fresh veggies buy n keep in fridge, easy to cook these no cutting time waste.
    Once u go back home, use those frozen curries or cut veggies to cook. If ur dh cooks well n good. Keep few homemade Indian food ladies teelephone number handy.
    Babies first Bath is given after umbilical cord falls down, till then just wiping baby.
    Wiping baby, take small bowl of Luke warm water, put little baby soap on wash cloth dip in water and clean baby.
    Keep talking to baby relax and do, don't get scared.
    First bath feels tough, but buy these important items, bath tub small, one sponge specially made for those bath tub. Am talking about real sponge we see in India, shape will be bathtub in babiesrus before hand. We used to wash initially near kitchen sink.
    Put bath tub next to sink, bath sponge next, baby next. Advantage of sponge is baby will not move. U will definitely feel safe too. Good luck don't get tensed keep enjoying and do tasks. When u r happy n smiling n talking to baby and doing tasks u will not feel any burden, infact u Will enjoy more :) good luck !