Grandmother's natural remedies - Paati / Kai Vaidhyam

Discussion in 'Krishnaammas Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, Feb 19, 2008.

1. bhagirathi

bhagirathi New IL'ite

Dear Krishnaamma,
    Thanks for the reply.
    My body was super-heated and to cool it off I have been following tips from your thread, especially sombu eating since I like it a lot. However, I don't know how to remove mucus.
    I have also started doing some deep breathing (alternate nostril breathing), I guess it will take a while for me to see any changes.
    Have a nice day,
    -Bee

2. omsai

omsai New IL'ite

Hi shanti,

Just saw your post. Thank you for your wonderful tip. I will try and see if it helps.

3. Anupamamurali

Anupamamurali New IL'ite

Hi Krishnaama,

This site has all the information needed . U people have to praised.

To get rid of Cold u can even rub the onion on the inner palm of the leg. I have tried it it will give quick relief.

See u guys with any more tips if i get i will also post here..

Bye
    Anu

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhagirathi,

You can also drink banana milk shake, if you are not doing diet.:hide: Because it will increase your weight like anything. But ofcourse you can take one or two time to reduce heat. try it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  5. krishnaamma

Hi Anu,

Many Anus in this site. welcome to IL and my sub forum. thank you for your wishes. And also thanks for your tip. surely I will try this. Keep posting.

6. royans

royans New IL'ite

Dear Krishnaamma, Appreciate all the work you have put in to your forum. I like all your tips as well. I was quite interested in the kashayams and tips you had given for pregnancy. You see, I am in my 8th month and have noted down all your remedies. Would truly appreciate it if you could enlighten me on food that is good / not good during breastfeeding. What foods I need to take to ensure good supply of milk for my baby and what foods to avoid , 'cos it might cause gas or make baby fussy. Keep up the good work. Thank you for your time. royans.

7. krishnaamma

Hi royans,

Accept my congrats first. :-D I have already opened one thred for that. You plese have a look into it. Then if you want to know anything more let me know. ok ya?

Generally we should not use Thur dal or Channa dal while giving milk to baby. It will cause gas problem. So dont use thur dal and channa dal till you feed baby. even for sambars you have to use yellow moong dal only. Make it a point. here is the link.
    Just click and visit the thread. all the best. What is your delivery date? take care.

Balanced diet food (Pathiya Samaiyal) for lactating mothers! ([​IMG] 1 2 3)
    [​IMG] krishnaamma

8. royans

royans New IL'ite

Dear Krishnaamma, Thank you so much for your prompt reply and your wishes. My due date is Aug 15th! :) I checked out your link. It is very useful indeed. I have a few queries ... Are there any particular greens / fruits that are to be avoided? What is Thambulam .. is it necessary to put that on betel leaves or can that be omitted? Please could you tell me how to put sambarani after a head bath? Im sorry.. im not sure where to put this post .. so, if you feel you should answer it in 'Balanced diet food (Pathiya Samaiyal) for lactating mothers!', please do so and I will check your reply there. Thank you so much! royans.

9. krishnaamma

Hi royan,

No prblem. You can ask any where. But you have to remember that thread that is all.:-D

Generally after delivery my grand mother wont allow us to take greens.

You asked about Thambulam, you are not a Tamil girl? (where are you from?)

mm... ... how to tell you? :ideayou know betal leaves, that is 'Pan'? we have to chew and swallow them after every meal. atleast 10 leaves per time. Because we get 'calcium' from that. so in our days we used to have these leaves even though we take calcium tablets. because, by taking this leaves we are taking lots of fiber also. that will help us a lot.ok?

10. krishnaamma

How to put sambarani.

Take 'coal' (கரி துண்டுகள்) , powdered sambarani. a big handled 'Harathi stand'

Keep 'coal' pieces on gas stove and allow it to become red.
    Remove carefully and keep it on the the 'harthi stand' and put poweded sambarani on that. Show your hair on that. Let the hair dry by the sambarani smoke. If you are suffering from cold, add a pinch of turmeric powder in that and also you can put the peeled skin of garlic in that.

First let the mother use this and after that when the smoke is reducing, at the end put sambarani for the baby also. Hold the baby in you hand and show it on the smoke. do it front and back. But do it quickly. It may affect the breathing of the baby.