Grandmother's natural remedies - Paati / Kai Vaidhyam

Discussion in 'Krishnaammas Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, Feb 19, 2008.

1. suthaja

suthaja New IL'ite

Re: Paatti / Kai Vaidhyam

hello madam, very fine and useful tips. also when we have stomach ache dried pomogranate outer layer may be taken in so that its juice goesinto the stomach gradually.my father in law used to tell this

2. royans

royans New IL'ite

Dear Krishnaamma, Thanks again for your prompt replies. I live in chennai but im not a tamil girl. Im a mix of goan and anglo-indian. I know of betel leaves.. is the thambulam the white paste they put on it? Also, do you know why your grandma never allowed you to take greens? Thank you for the sambarani procedure. Do you know if a mother eating mango will cause loose motions in the baby? IS that true? Then.. I have another query about taking coconut. what is your opinion? is it okay to have coconut if you've had a normal delivery? some people say not to have coconut. thank you. royans.

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Paatti / Kai Vaidhyam

Hi Suthaja,

Welcome to IL and to this forum too. Thanks for sharing a good tip with us.Bowkeep posting and go through all the threads. your feed backs are welcome.

4. krishnaamma

hi royans,

Thanks for replying. regarding thambulam, you are correct. It is better you put them before and after delivery.
    regarding greens, they may cause loose motion sometimes. and generally people wont but them in rainy season. so she will not give us greens for atleast 6 months after delivery.
    Same for coconut. it will not digest easily so we are not allowed to add coconut, thur dal, channa dal, banana, jack fruit, mango in any form after delivery till 1 year. or atlest till we give milk to the baby. what ever is possible you follow. Generally they tell good for our sake only na? take care.

5. royans

royans New IL'ite

Dear Krishnaamma, Are you online always? You are so helpful. thank you very much for all your input. Im sure our elders give us advice for our good. But we youngsters are a bit curious. :) You have a great day ma'am. royans.

6. krishnaamma

Hi royans,

you are most welcome. whenever you need any help please ask me. have a nice time.

7. sara_sudha

sara_sudha New IL'ite

home remedies

hai

this is my first reply .

i need an help , am mother of 20 months baby, he used get dysentry frequently.can any one suggest dist and remedy for me.
    he is not improving his weight , can any one guide me.

gone through this site, really helped in my kitchen,

thanks a lot.

see u all soon

bye

Harhar

8. krishnaamma

Re: home remedies

Hi Sara,

welcome to IL and also my sub forum. You have posted this in a wrong threadComputer Typing.:-D but no porblem. dont worry. First you show the baby to your doctor. you are telling that 'he used to t dysentry frequently' so better to check this with your doctor.

Meanwhile, you can steam an apple (like idly) and remove the skin and seeds. make it like a paste and feed this to the baby. This will stop the dysentry immediately. you can add honey in that. This is just first aid and you have to surely check with the doctor becaues he is getting this frequently. ok ya? all the best.

If you want you can go though my thread 'grand mother's remedies'.

9. kvidhya

kvidhya New IL'ite

Hi Krishnamma :

can you pls suggest any home remedies for gastritis(beginning stage of ulcer) my husband is suffering from gastritis for the past 1 yr and is under allopathic treatment.still the bloating & burning sensation doesn't seem to subside

can you pls suggest some receipes (veg) for him with out using any redchilly/green chilly ? thanks alot for your contributions

thanks again

10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi krishnamma,

once again it is a very useful thread, esp for those who live abroad. as now a days it is very scary to go to the hospital. the doctors tell this or that even for a small stomatch ache or head ache. very useful thread.

i would like to give a small suggestion can u actually put the problem for which u write the paati vaithiyam in bold letters to identify the one what we want.

anyways thanks for the paati vaithiyam.