1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Craft Work : Fountain making & How to Do Procedure

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by aiswarya1985, May 22, 2009.

1. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

re: Fountain making

I can't believe one can make such things. Very Beautiful, keep it up.

2. aiswarya1985

aiswarya1985 Silver IL'ite

Hi IL friends,

Thanks for your valuable comments.Now im going to share the procedure of this fountain making

Materials Required:

1.waste thermocol (while buying home appliances,thermocol is used for packing,use that itself)
    2. 2 inches thermocol sheet - 1
    3. white cement
    4.fevicol
    5.enamel colors

First break the waste thermocol into small pieces and then take white cement in that add fevicol. In the proportion of 5:1 ratio and add water also in that mixture to form semi liquid state.

Now just take the each small piece of thermocols and dip fully into mixture and place in newspaper to let it dry for 24hours.Follow this step until completion of small pieces.

After 24hours, that small pieces are probably like stones (that much hardend becos it is covered with white cement).Based on the fountain size,stones should be prepared.

Now we have to design base,take 2inches thermocol cut it into 3 pieces, one piece for back side,then other two pieces for both sides. If back side width is 12 inches means 6 inches width is enough for other two sides.Length is same for all 3 sides.Join the sides with main back side piece with the help of fevicol,ball pins and cello tape.Now the base fountain shape is ready.

Take the white cement mixture and dried stones,just dip one side of stone in that mixture and stick it in the fountain base. It looks like a raw finishing fountain,stick the stones completely remember that all sides should be sticked with stones let it dry for 24 hours. You need thermocol balls,so that smash the termocol sheet and take it.Now mix with white cement mixture and fill it in the middle of each stones hole.This gives greater support and it create rough surface finishing to the fountain.After filling mixture in the holes allow to dry for a day.

Its time to color the fountain by using enamel colors.Atlast fix the artifical leaves,flowers with the help of ball pins,shilpakar(M-seal) whereever you need stick it.For more attraction place ceramic dolls also.Let it dry for a week.

In back side thermocol sheet,make two holes to fix the tubes.place the fountain into the glass container and pour water,attach recycling motor with the tubes.Now you switchon the motor and see how your fountain works.

I think my step by step procedure will help you to do this fountain.If any doubts feel free to ask i will explain...

With love
    Aishu....

Last edited: May 28, 2009
    4 people like this.
  3. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hey Aishu!

Thanks for the procedure. I am sure it is going to spin off a fountain among ILites! Where did you learn to do this? And is the propotion fail proof always? What was the approximate cost involved in making that fountain?

Cheers

Archana

4. manishajai

manishajai New IL'ite

:thumbsup:bowdown

5. tom&jerry

tom&jerry Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Your fountain is excellent. Thank u for the procedure.
    I want to do the fountain but i'm not getting the motor can u plz tell me generally where do we get these motors?

6. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

hi...
    wow it looks very beautiful..
    thanks for sharing...

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear aishu,
    very beautiful work. excellent. can you please take a photo with water running?amazing piece of art.
    with love
    pad

8. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Hi aishu
    Great work...............Thanks a lot for the procedure
    Will try it out and let u know

regards
    gvart

9. mani_486

mani_486 Gold IL'ite

hi
    lovely.....
    thanks for the procedure......

10. Pranuu

Pranuu Senior IL'ite

hai
    beautiful fountain.pis send us a photo with the fountain on.thanks 4 sharing the method.where do u get the motor?
    pranuu:)