1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Crochet thread supplies

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by krozwindz, Nov 11, 2011.

1. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

I have a very important question. I want to make a crochet thread bed spread. I want it to last forever if i ever finish the project. For this i need good quality crochet thread. Where can i get good quality ones and how much do they cost? I live in india so indian brands are very welcome as i can buy more if supplies get over. But incase better threads are available in US, my brother is coming over in december and he can bring back supplies. Please help me ladies. Any web links for online ordering will also be very helpful. I want great quality white cotton thread.

Thanks

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aditi,

how are you yaar.how is kiddo..since i work with threads, these days you get decent threads in india..but nothing beats dmc from coats..if your brother can get you the required quantity..otherwise it is better to start using what you get in india. and always get the required lot or in excess..sometimes shades differ..though it may not be too visible with whites..

I use the local brands..these days i get these two brands locally.. it costs about 80-90rs/bundle..

Attached Files:

3. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

hi shan, may i know in which shop u bought?

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vino,

I picked them at raja thread stores..the baroque brand is very rarely there.. they have moved to the other lynx..but both these are from the same company. even that i don't get some colors i would love that are available in dmc which works out very costly.