Can anyone give me more info on Aathirapalli waterfalls?

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by Gayathri47, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

I am planning to go to Kerala this Summer/June/July, and I have been at a cisiting-places spree for the past 2-3 years that I have visited Kerala, so when I came across a mail with beautiful pictures of the a waterfall - claiming to be India's Niagra falls - aathirapally waterfalls - I was amazed. Is this place for true.

Can anyone please tell me more about it. Is it really such a beautiful place to visit and how to get there from Kochin.

Also, if there are any places around/near it that could also be visited.?

2. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><TR class=contentText><TD class=contentTitle>Athirappalli waterfalls <TR class=contentText> Athirappalli waterfalls is one of the most sought after picnic spots in Kerala. Located in Thrissur district, 1000 ft above sea level, at the entrance to the Sholayar ranges of the Western Ghats, Athirappalli is a scenic combination of forests and little streams. Falling from a height of 80 feet, this is one of the largest waterfalls in the state.
    Getting there :
    Athirappalli is accessible by a good motorable road from Thrissur (63 kms)
    Nearest railway station : Thrissur(63 kms)
    Nearest Airport : Cochin International Airport (58 kms)

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><TR class=contentText><TD class=contentTitle>Athirappalli waterfalls <TR class=contentText> Athirappalli waterfalls is one of the most sought after picnic spots in Kerala. Located in Thrissur district, 1000 ft above sea level, at the entrance to the Sholayar ranges of the Western Ghats, Athirappalli is a scenic combination of forests and little streams. Falling from a height of 80 feet, this is one of the largest waterfalls in the state.
    Getting there :

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=672 align=left><TD class=contentText vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><TR class=contentText><TD width="3%"> <TD width="2%"> <TR class=contentText>
    <EMBED height=337 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=558 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/1wn47fXmTS0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&rel=0&autoplay=1 allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>​
    <TR class=contentText height=10><TR class=contentText> <TABLE class=tblborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TD vAlign=top background=../images/embed-bg.png>
    Embed <INPUT id=embed_code onclick="document.embedForm.embed_code.focus();document.embedForm.embed_code.select();customizeEmbed(isWidescreen, true);" value='<object width="425" height="344">
    </param>
    </param>
    </param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1wn47fXmTS0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>' readOnly size=75 name=embed_code> ​
    <TR class=contentText> <TR class=contentText> <TD class=contentTitle>Athirappalli waterfalls <TR class=contentText> Athirappalli waterfalls is one of the most sought after picnic spots in Kerala. Located in Thrissur district, 1000 ft above sea level, at the entrance to the Sholayar ranges of the Western Ghats, Athirappalli is a scenic combination of forests and little streams. Falling from a height of 80 feet, this is one of the largest waterfalls in the state.
    Getting there :

hi
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; BACKGROUND: white; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in">
    <TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in">Athirappalli waterfalls is one of the most sought after picnic spots in Kerala. Located in Thrissur district, 1000 ft above sea level, at the entrance to the Sholayar ranges of the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place>Western Ghats</st1:place>, Athirappalli is a scenic combination of forests and little streams. Falling from a height of 80 feet, this is one of the largest waterfalls in the state.
    Getting there :

Nearest Airport : <st1:place><st1:placeName>Cochin</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName>International</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType>Airport</st1:placeType></st1:place> (58 kms)
    <TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in">
    Regards
    Mrs.N

3. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Jaya for the inof and the video! that definiteky looks gigantic!

4. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

Hi

Wow i would definitely like to visit this place,thank you .

:cheers