Beautician and Hair Dresser in Thiruvalla/Kumbanad/Pullad/Kottayam

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by susan09, Jul 3, 2009.

1. susan09

susan09 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am getting married during the last week of December 2009 and am looking for a beautician and a hair dresser for the day of the wedding in the vicinity of Thiruvalla, Kumbanad and Pullad.

I am looking for someone who has experience with dusky skin tones, oily skin and thick curly hair. Can someone please suggest a beautician or a hair dresser or both? What has your experience been? What should I be aware/ watchout for?

Thanks.

-Susan

2. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

HI SUSAN
    I am from kottayam dh is from tiruvilla. i know beautitions from both towns very well.
    in tiruvilla touch and glow beauty parlour near ywca
    mrs. Ambili is the best in tiruvilla.

in kottayam you can try

tangles in paico building opposite to collectrate

hollywood in kanjikuzi opp to g-mart.
    there is jolly aunty who was with hollywood before now opened a new parlour in kanjikuzi itself. i dont know the name of the parlour its in the same building of ppolonica gents parlour. that is located in the ground floor of an appartment. same road of gmart only you cna see the board

fair and lovely ner logos center or opposite to st.josephs school kottayam.
    icy aunty is very good. native of tiruvalla.

this are the main [parlours in town.
    you need to book the parlour before you find a guy. thats the market in kerala now, once you decide do the booking as soon as possible. dec is busy season.
    good luck and congrats

3. priya_mary

priya_mary Senior IL'ite

Hi Susan,

There's a parlour called NILIM in Kumabandu and the beautician's name is Beena, it's a good parlour, myself and my sis went there for our wed'ng. she is very good in make ups , hair dressing, bridal bouquet and stage decorations

If u r interested I can pm her number.

Regards

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  4. anuthomas

anuthomas New IL'ite

can someone tell me jolly's hollywood number. i am coming to india for my sister wedding and she heard jolly is realli great.

thanks

5. nidhiabraham

nidhiabraham New IL'ite

HI guys,... just like you said. i've decided to book the beautician even before getting the guy and working my dates around that... can anyone give me jolly's Hollywood latest number. I'd like to call and see if everything can be arranged before hand. i stay in kottaym, kanjazkurry. I'm a christian kna so basically i need someone who does christain weddings...

6. anzann

anzann New IL'ite

hello everyone...

I;m looking for hollywood parlour;s number plss post it ..its ver urgent.. i tried finding the contact number but didn get ..so pls of any one knows let me know:coffee

7. tibyannie

tibyannie New IL'ite

For anyone who reads this post. Wherever you go, never go to Alanis Beauty Parlour Thiruvalla.
    For my most bad luck, my planned wedding beautician had some urgent matters that she had to attend to and hence I had to find someone else desparately on the day before my marriage. I decided to give Alanis a try.
    So I went in there and enquired how much will be the fee. They understood my situation very well and made much advantage out of it. They knew I had no choice. Straight away they said 12000 Indian Rupees!!! I do not know any other beauty parlour charging this much fee. I had to accept this since I had no choice at all. 12000 rupees is fine provided they are giving the service worth of it.
    I would have never come and written here if they provided me with service worth the money. Then I would have been glad only.
    They came to my house on the morning of my wedding, and helped me to wear my saree and arranged my hair. Then brought with them the worst bouquet even though I had insisted on having a Rose flower bouquet. And to say about the crown, they charged me extra for that (500Rs for a good for nothing crown). I do not understand what they have done for the 12000 they took from me.
    Let all this be neglected, they came to my home and while dressing up me, commented on my appearance as well. I may not be the prettiest woman, but it hurts to hear such discouraging comments(which I wish not to say here) and that too on my wedding day!
    I have been regretting ever since my marriage that I went to them and take this opportunity to express my feedback after 2 years.

8. shree2011

shree2011 New IL'ite

Dear all,
    Nice reading your discussions. My daughter's engagement is on 10 August at our residence in Kunnathukara (near Aranmula and Kozhencherry, Kerala state) and marriage on 20 August at sreekrishna auditorium Aranmula.

I need best beautician available to come to my house and auditorium for a hindu style wedding make up and hairstyle.
    Also I need best event management to do the necessary stage/hall decorations.

Please let me know the contact of those who are experienced to be the best and with reasonable prices.

Thank you.
    Shree
    Email: shreevnairgo@gmail.com

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  9. vlcckottayam

vlcckottayam New IL'ite

Hello

We invite you to visit VLCC centre at Kalathilpady and experience our wide range of bridal services.
    We are open from 7 am to 8 pm all days including sundays.
    Feel free to come in.
    You can contact us via phone on 0481-6999911, 6999922

Best Wishes