Lakshmi Nair recipes - in Magic Oven

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by blossom83, Apr 26, 2009.

1. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

You are talking about Dr. Lalitha Appukuttan in Asianet I guess.

Regards,

Abha.

2. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

3. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

i very rarely used to see Mrs Nair show,doesn't impress me,it depends ,her over explanation is not needed for me,but like floobi said it will be useful to some who are amateur in cooking,and about the Taste of Kerala,i like it in a different way,as it does not empahsize on teaching us the recipes,both are intended for different purposes.

taste of kerala focus on bringing about the best of kerala recipes,in fact the very rare recipes ,spanning acroos all religion and from north to south kerala,its the charming talk of the anchor guy,and his passion and love that he shares with the families and persons that show the recipes which is more focused one..i love to watch this,very similar to my favo shows at travel channel like ANthony BOUrdain,NO Reservations and BIZarre foods.

and i am attracted to lalitha appukuttan pgms because there are lot of nutritional tips and healthy tips in each of her explanation.Should appreciate her knowldege base ,healthy cooking rather than focussing on tasty unhealthy cooking.
    i have lost track of her episodes ,i have seen her show when she had just started her show,see that she have changed a lot in appreanace,i dont about the episodes now.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  4. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

Yah yah . Thats her name i remember now... Thanks

5. mdmini

mdmini Senior IL'ite

Lakshmi Nair's has written a couple of books on cookery, she has also compiled all the magic oven recipes in a book. I saw the book last time i went to india in Current Book Stall Thrissur. It's in malayalam, the ones i saw. don't know if she has written in english. do you want me to check with someone there for the same?

6. blossom83

blossom83 New IL'ite

yes thanks...i also searched in the internet and found that she has written books in malayalam...but i am looking for books in english since i can't read malayalam...or if anyone has her phone number...it would be nice 2 talk to her and give her a suggestion to publish the books in english.

thanks

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hey guys,
    I too watch Magic Oven but her sense of dressing is too loud and gaudy. She used to wear her saree very modestly but of late she tries to ape the film heroines, which looks vulgar actually. Another drawback is, there is no recap or written display of ingredients and procedure. You have to take it down so quickly.
    I prefer Sanjeev Kapoor, he is the best as a cookery show host.

8. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

She might be good in preparing & presenting dishes...but the way she presents herself in those sarees & short,tight blouses oh god:drowning

9. Ruhaanee

Ruhaanee Senior IL'ite

For All Lakshmi Nair fans in UAE.

The book by Lakshmi Nair--- Magic Oven is available in Malayalam in UAE.
    I have seen the book in Fathima Supermarket for AED 20/=

Rgds,

10. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

anyone saw the episode she making jujubes.? if you know the recipe please post it.\
    thanks & regards
    ani