Lakshmi Nair recipes - in Magic Oven

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by blossom83, Apr 26, 2009.

1. krishnendu

krishnendu Bronze IL'ite

hi blossom,
    i like the way she explains the recipe in "pacha malayalam" and always with a sweet smile...since i don't get kairali here, i watch her videos on you tube...

2. blossom83

blossom83 New IL'ite

thanks...i will also checkout in you tube.but i am looking for her non veg recipes mostly

3. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

i just saw her kerala chicken roast recipe on youtube!! looks delicious!!!

and like krishna said, she sounds so eloquent in Malayalam!! :)

4. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

i like her sarees and way she wears her fashion accesories matchin with those..:) i like hers ,but i remember seeing one more ladys show,she all the while preparing do bring in lot of nutritional facts like why something is supposed to be added so that how it becomes effective to the body...oh oh..i dont even remmeber her name or channel...ladies i am sorry will come back with her name.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi neets,

same here..i too like her dressing style, bangles, necklaces, earings...also regularly used to watch "PACHAKA RANI - 1 & 2" a cookery contest judged by her and Krishna...

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  6. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hi.
    im a big fan of her sarees..
    the way she wears a saree is so perfect..
    all her jwellery..
    awesome...

7. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

sorry ladies i cannot accept her way of wearing saree.. ofcourse she weares it neatly but her 1/2 of her tummy is visible.and her make up is just over for her age.
    accessories all the necklaces are ok.. but huge earings if you wear for a tied hair and also doesnt compliment her entire look.i like the cooking style and explanation.
    how many millions of people are watching the show she should wear the saree properly. thats what my openion is..above all she is a law collage professor she should keep her dignity.
    the other lady neethu was talking abt is a doctor. even i forgot her name.
    ani

8. nemo

nemo Senior IL'ite

hi gals,

Even I like her dishes but she is talking too muchRantjust o pass out the episode time. She has enough time for 2 recipes but she'll complete the episode with one dish. After some time I lost interest in her show. But now I like watching the taste of kerala in Amrita TV. They are covering dishes from all over kerela they are very unique. It is at 11'oclock a.m every sunday here in UAE.

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Friends;
    I tried her "Chicken varutha curry" last weekend. It was superb and totally kerala style:thumbsup. Our guests were bowled out:).
    Only one prob. I cannot make it regularly as it calls for too much coconut oil. Coconut oil is unaviodable as it is a kerala style dish. In order to compensate it I will have to live on salads for a few days:rotfl.
    - Nitha

10. floobi

floobi New IL'ite

hai nemo,
    you think she is talking too much.....but i disagree...most of her talking is to make the show interesting and to explain the dishes properly so that even a novice can understand the dish..and for complaining that she is only preparing one dish most of the time ...is also not true....most of the time she cooks two dishes...when the dish is very lenghty she confines to one ...i think this is because she wants to explain it properly...after all this is a cookery class....there is no point in showing two dishes in a hurry berry.she is explaining it again so that people can write it down or even late commers can follow it....regarding ur comments on amrithas show taste of kerala...dont even compare it with mrs nairs show..becos she is exhibiting her cooking skills and anchoring skills but the guy in taste of kerala just keeps on talking ,....he is the one u is a bit talkative and over.....simply blabaring around .....he is not even in mrs nairs league