Thinking of schooling US-bred daughter in Trivandrum for 5th grade - opinions ?

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by annamma, Mar 1, 2015.

1. annamma

annamma New IL'ite

Hey ladies,

We My family(DH, 9 yr old DD and 4 yr old DS) has been settled in the US for 9 yrs now. We are floating the idea of me and the kids going back to India for a year and exposing the kids to a year in India. We were thinking of Christ Nagar International School in Trivandrum.

What do y'all think ?

What should I do to prepare my kids to adjust to the heat in Tvm from the snow in PA?

How can I help them be ready for the school there?

While I take a year's break from a having a full time job for the past 12 years, what should I do for my own well-being and to stay engaged, but relaxed enough to have time for the kids?

What are the best things to do in Trivandrum as after-school activities for a 9 year old girl?

2. smiles4dia

smiles4dia Junior IL'ite

Hi Annamma welcome to tvm. My 6 YO daughter goes to Christ nagar international. We were in Dubai before that. About the school let me put it this way,if I could go back and choose another school, I wouldn't :D .Not fully satisfied but it is the best one around compared to other schools. Has it's ups n downs just like any other school. But they r getting a new principal in June, hopefully as good as the one we have currently. Kids will fit in without any problem.
    Adjusting to the heat,I still can't. I escape to 'cooler compared to tvm' dubai during the summer hols.

3. smiles4dia

smiles4dia Junior IL'ite

I have bought cotton petticoats for my daughter which is the only thing she wears at home due to the heat. and I let the kids play in the rain,have icecreams,cool off at the suprisingly clean pool at tvmclub.
    I have a 1 YO also so had to quit my freelance work too.btwn teaching my daughter (they hav plenty of portions to study) and tkng care of my son i have no free time left.
    afterschool activities..theres no decent playareas here.there r small parks,museum and zoo, she goes for swimming and piano too