is it ok for a Christian bride to wear Kerala set saree for the marriage function?

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by rachanaRJ, Feb 5, 2012.

1. rachanaRJ

rachanaRJ New IL'ite

hello friends,

request your ans/suggestions on this. I am a hindu getting married into a christian family.
    so just wanted to know if it is ok for a Christian bride to wear Kerala set saree for the marriage function?

Thanks and Regards,
    Rachana

2. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Re: is it ok for a Christian bride to wear Kerala set saree for the marriage function

hello rachana...

congrats on your wedding :)

as far as the set saree goes, i guess it is refectly fine. i have friends (christians) who have worn the set saree for the reception and stuff. but yeah i havent seen anyone wearing it for them minnu kette in the church. but since the usual attire for a christian bride is white and golden- i am sure the set saree will look grand (it has its own charm)...

and these days everyone is experimenting and tryig new stuff for their weddings (a muslim friend of mine, wore a proper white gown, like the ones worn in a chrstian wedding); so go ahead and wear what you desire. you will look fab and its your day, you need to enjoy it to the max

1 person likes this.
  3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Re: is it ok for a Christian bride to wear Kerala set saree for the marriage function

First let me Congratulate you on your wedding. I don't know much about customs, but why not? Now a days, people form Tamil Nadu wear Gujarti Type of saris and men wear Sharwani. Things have changed. The most important is that love and respect for each other. With elders blessing and God's blessings, have a wonderful married life.

1 person likes this.
  4. rachanaRJ

rachanaRJ New IL'ite

Felt so nice to see your suggestions... :) thank you very much Sithara and Coffeelover for your wishes and inputs.

Thanks again....!!!

Regards,
    Rachana