1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Flat Stomach thats what i Need

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by jayyu5, Jun 2, 2010.

1. msgirl

msgirl New IL'ite

Hi Jayanthy,
    I too had a similar issue after giving birth. My stomach was not flat, had love handles, thighs had cellulite. I was 114 pounds before pregnancy and was 140 after. I could not do much about it for about 6 months. Starting 7th month, I joined an aerobics class and lost about 15 pounds. But then after 3 months of aerobics, I could not continue it. The bulges started coming back. I started jogging, but that did not help.

when my son was 1 year and 5 months, i started doing aerobics again, but this time using a CD 'Complete aerobics and weights training' at home. Its a 'The Firm' CD. I did not even use dumbbells for 8 or 9 months since I started this aerobics. i used to use two of my son's pedialite bottles. But it worked. I began to lose bulges, my jeans from before marriage began to fit better. And for the last 8 or 9 months, I have consistently reduced my carbohydrate intake. I reduced my rice intake. I supplement it with side dishes, I eat more vegetables, chicken. But I do indulge in rice once or twice a week. I do aerobics every other day. I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and look and feel better than I did before 5 or 6 years.
    Try the CD, I strongly recommend it.

vidya

2. msgirl

msgirl New IL'ite

Hi Jayanthy,
    I forgot to add this in my post.
    Generally about 30 to 40 minutes cardio workout followed by Ab crunches have been most effective for me.
    For Ab workout, I do 30 normal crunches and 30 crunches with my heels off the ground. And after these 60 crunches, i do like a cyclic motion with my legs and with my back flat on the ground. When my right knee is near my chest during the cyclic motion, I try to bring my left shoulder as close it as possible with my hands behind my head like in Ab crunches. and right shoulder to left knee. I do 60 of this.
    It has worked out great. Try these crunches.

3. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

4. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Nice link Jayu,thanks

5. vijeta

vijeta Senior IL'ite

hai,
    i think of the ladies have this same problem including me too. my delivery was a cezerian so i also have a tummy and 10kg over weight . my arms are so big as it shows me fat. what are the exercise to control the arms size? i have 3 idly, dosa or 1/2paratha for breakfast and 2 roti , some boiled rice with dal for lunch and dosa or roti for dinner. and i drink 1 glass of hot water after dinner . this is my routine diet. is this is right or wrong? and i drink 3 to 4 cups of tea per day. to reduce my weight what changes i have to do? please suggest me . before pregnancy i was 50 and now i was 61kgs. i want to reduce 7 to 8kgs in any way.

vijeta

6. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Vijetha,

Pls post your height dear,based on that I will tell the modifications

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vijeta check this link to get your answer:)

8. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

I will try to start doing crunches from tomorrow. Last sunday i did crunches and few other exercise....but on weekdays it becomes difficult as my workplace is far from home and i have to leave at 8 in the morning.

Can you also suggest me some lower body exercises?

Regards
    Sheetal

9. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Lower body in the sense?I didnt got it?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  10. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Even I have to start to office by 7 or 7:30 but I will do this and go.All that matters is determination.I used to wake up at 5:30 for this.I want to be perfect for my marriage.My height is 168 and weight is 64.5(I know this is ideal),still striving for the perfect shape now.You know Saree has a disadvantage,we will look good in saree iff we are having a good shape.So I advice you to do half an hour excrcise daily...Just lie down and raise one of ur leg and turn it around repeat this with other leg.You will get a good shape in legs and hips with this(No should be greater than 20 in the starting itself then come to 100).Then turn around hands and hips like that.It will make you perfect:thumbsup