1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

My weightloss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pman16, May 24, 2010.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

I have managed to lose my pregnancy gained weight and now back to my pre-preg weight and shape :). I need to work on toning but been overall successful in getting a lean look.
    I want to thank Shiva for being my weight loss mentor in this journey who guided me . Thanks Shiva for helping me and being a rock solid support throughout.

My starting weight was 140 lbs and after 2nd delivery I was 155 lbs and at present I am 137 lbs.

More than the weight loss in pounds, I have reduced abundantly in inches and feel like a yummy mummy now.

Read more about my story in Shiva's blog here mom-who-conquered-kingdom-weight-3177/

I achieved this being a mom of 2 school-going kids. So if I could do it, then all the moms out there could do it too.

Last edited: May 24, 2010

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pman,

Lots of love and lots of hugs too. YOU DID IT. AWESOME.

This thread is the best place for all the moms who want to lose weight.

We all can do it ladies so why not start.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

3. ayes

ayes New IL'ite

hi....iam in my 23, i want to reduce 7kgs within 40 days can anyone help me out?

4. Kupadhyay

Kupadhyay New IL'ite

Hi Pman & Shiva...

Ladies give me some tips even I want to loose all my post pregnancy weight. Basic tips will go for me to start with.

Shiva & Pman awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

5. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi ayes,

You are young so please do not rush to reduce more. Start with realistic goals like 2-3kgs a mnth.Post your diet in Shiva's thread or here so that we could recommend some changes. Introduce exercise in any form for 30mins everyday. This will fetch good results.

Come back with your current diet and exercise routine and we can get started.

Regards,
    Pm

6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kupadhyay,

Good to know that you have taken the first step towards weight loss journey. Remember this is not going to happen overnight and you have to work very hard to see results with a baby around to be taken care of.
    Post your diet and workout routine so that we can get started with. Less food and more exercise is the key to weight loss. Bear this in mind and comeback with a positive attitude and we can work together.

Cheers,
    pm

7. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Dear pman,

I read about your weight loss success story in Shiva's blog. I had to drop in to wish you. YOU ROCK!!

I am not a mom yet but you definitely inspire me to lose my 'pre-pregnancy' weight :)

Way to go!
    Aswini

8. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear pman16,

Your weight loss is inspiring. Take care and you are simply rocking!!

9. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

I am relatively new to IL and have been following a few threads in the Health and Fitness section silently. I must admit "The mom who conquered the kingdom of weight loss" was very inspiring .

I have put on unneccessary weight of late and have not been doing anything other than just cribbing about it. Mine is a full time job with very less physical activity which is one of the prime reasons according to me. Also, i travel close to 2 hrs each way to work, which eats up most of my time again. The result, i hardly get any time to do any physical activity. I get tired by the end of all the travelling, just have dinner and hit the bed. I know that this sedentary lifestyle is the cause, but here at IL i see so many of you managing it all so well. I wish to transform myself to be that way in few months from now.

Pman,your effort to me was an eye-opener and I am determined to take baby steps towards my goal of losing the unnecessary weight i have gained. I only hope that these baby steps will grow into bigger steps that will lead to my goal.

I am sure you will remain a living example for so many out there like me to get to their goal.

Way to go Pman!:bowdown Congrats! :thumbsup

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pman,

Congrats dear.

I read Shiva's blog about your weight loss...you did it and have become a great source of inspiration to all who needs to shed weight including myself.

If you both can help me out by giving some tips, I also want to try..WHY NOT?

I am a working women with 2 grownup kids. One into X and another into 6th. My working hours are quite long. Hence feel dog tired when I come home and don't feel like rustling up anything for self. Whatever my MIL has prepared (mostly rice) I have it. Morning also the same continues as kids love to have rice in their lunch box and invariably I too carry the same. I cannot take the help of anybody to help me with the menu and we do not possess a MW where I can just heat and have. So pls give me some tips on managing my diet in the first place.

Thanks a lot dears.