1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

flat stomach

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Lalithak, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Lalithak

Lalithak New IL'ite

HI FRIENDS
    I want my to loose my weight especially my stomach , it is like a fifth month pregnant . Iam very much worried about it.Iam continuing my walking daily but there is no change . Please can you give me any exercise for a flat stomach rather than sit ups i know about that .

2. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

Hello lalitha,
    how are u ?

I can understand what u are going thru.., , we both are sailing in the same boat.

Here is the list of 1o tips which i am working on for quite some time and it is showing good results . i am trying to loose my baby fat after second delivery. results are shown gradually .. so try it out and we both can update our results.

Here's a quick guide you can follow to help flatten your stomach. Print this list out and post it somewhere in your house where you'll see it.

1. Walk/jog for 30 minutes at least 3 times per week to boost your metabolism in order to burn that fat.

2. Eat a small handful of almonds (at least 6) every morning. Almonds are one of the healthiest snacks you can eat and the protein is good for burning fat.

3. Add fiber to your diet and cut down your intake of the bad carbs. Foods such as white bread, pastas,potatoes, and white rice should be limited. Eat brown rice and whole wheat bread instead. To get that needed fiber increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables (especially the leafy green ones.

4. Drink skim milk instead of whole milk. Keep your dairy intake at a minimum because these products often cause bloating and gas.

5. Avoid sit-ups because they really do very little to firm your stomach. Sit-ups work your hip flexors more than anything else.

6. Drink plenty of water. You should be drinking 6 to 8 glasses per day. Not only will it help fill you up so you eat less, but it aids in digestion.

7. Stop eating within 3 hours of bedtime. If you have to munch on something, eat a small portion of vegetables or fruit. Not eating late can make a huge difference.

8. Eat smaller meals more often instead of 2-3 big meals per day to keep from having that bloated look and feeling. Eating more meals actually kicks up your metabolism.

9. Take a break from healthy eating once in a while and treat yourself to your favorite dessert. If you completely deprive yourself of the foods you love you'll run the risk of going back to your bad eating habits. Moderation is the key.

10.Just remember that slow and steady wins the race when it comes to slimming your waistline and flattening your stomach. There's no such thing as losing your stomach fast. You have to work at it daily and remain consistent with your diet and exercise.

-------------<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=791><TD height=57 vAlign=top align=left>Best Abdominal Exercise # 1.

The Bicycle Movement – This abs exercise is a variation on the regular crunch where you lie on your back keeping your lower back flat on the floor.
    This is a fairly straightforward exercise, but it gives your abs a really good workout. Here are the steps to follow:

<TD height=57 vAlign=top width=274 align=left><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-5026879964448047";google_ad_width = 180;google_ad_height = 150;google_ad_format = "180x150_as";google_cpa_choice = "CAEQoKqrjQMQABoIRYF_I9qYkwMokMyy0gEokMyy0gE";//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/expansion_embed.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/render_ads.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT><INS style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; POSITION: relative; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 180px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline-table; HEIGHT: 150px; VISIBILITY: visible; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><INS style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; POSITION: relative; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 180px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; HEIGHT: 150px; VISIBILITY: visible; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0px"></INS></INS><TD height=35 vAlign=top colSpan=2 align=left>
    • Put your hands behind your head or to the sides of your head. Contract your abdomen muscles with one leg straight out and heel slightly off the floor.
    • Slowly bring the knee of the other leg up toward the chest while raising the opposite shoulder off the floor turning your upper body as you crunch so that your elbow touches the knee.
    • Then return the leg to the starting position while bringing the other knee up toward the chest and lifting and turning the other shoulder and touching the elbow to the knee.
    • Do as many repetitions as you can comfortably do without straining yourself
    Hope these tips will solve your problem .

keep in touch dear
    :cheers
    sreya.

<SCRIPT src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/render_ads.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT>

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  3. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

i am also sailing in the same boat sreya.
    pls keep me updated.
    thanks for the post dear. would like to have ur mail id too.

4. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

hi sreya,
    i am also sailing in the same boat. so pls keep me updated.
    thanks for the tips dear. would like to have ur email id too.

5. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

dear sreya,
    i did not understand correctly about "the best abdominal exercise" you mentioned in your above post. can you pls include a video if you can? pls.

also pls tell me exactly what food should i eat for a day if i have to reduce my post delivery tummy. i mean "what and how much food for brk fst, lunch and for dinner". for example: 1 roti for brkfst, 1 cup rice for lunch etc. how much and what food to eat per day? pls reply.
    by the way, my body is lean but i have a "big post delivery stomach".
    anybody pls help.