1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The 6-Week Ultimate Ab workouts

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by kirti251, Jan 20, 2010.

1. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Hi this post for my dear ils,
    I want to start 6 week programme any one like to join can join me in my 6 weeks journey.
    You're only 6 week away from better abs. Trade in your usual set of sit-ups for the proven belly flatteners in our 6-Week Ultimate Ab Workout plan, and we promise you the middle-whittling breakthrough you've been crunching for all this time.
    By the editors of FitnessMagazine.com
    Sayonara, Sit-Ups!

You've probably already figured out that dutifully doing those 50 nightly crunches doesn't cinch inches. That's because your midsection is made up of more muscles than meet the mirror, says FITNESS magazine consultant Michele Olson, PhD, professor of exercise science at Auburn University in Montgomery, Alabama.
    Sit-ups can strengthen the front muscle (aka the rectus abdominus), explains Olson, but they don't work all the way around your core to slim your sides (obliques), lower back (erector spinae), or the inner muscle that encircles your midsection like a corset (transverse abdominus). It's this 360-degree assault that is actually going to bring your belly in an inch or two and ultimately change the appearance of your abs. It's time to relearn how to exercise your abs!
    How the Ultimate Ab Workout Plan Works: 6 Weeks to Better Abs

We put together six weeks of ab workouts using ultra-effective exercises -- just four moves per workout -- that will give your middle the 360 degrees of TLC it needs to actually shrink a size. With our Ultimate Ab Workout plan, you'll learn how to target all of your problem areas -- from the pouch below your belly button to the dreaded "muffin top." And the best part? We're giving you a day off in between each mini-workout -- so you're actually doing FEWER sessions to get those amazing results!
    We've provided weekly workout instructions and videos. Post on our message boards to tell us how you did each week and to find extra support and motivation from your fellow recovering crunch addicts! We'll be there with you every step of the way to help you learn the right way to beat belly bulge and keep it from coming back.
    Ready to get the abs you've always dreamed about? Let's get started
    week 1
    [​IMG]
    Abdominal Hold
    You'll need a sturdy chair or a step with four risers for this exercise. Repeat this exercise for 1 minute.
    More from The Ultimate AB Workout

[​IMG]
    Navel Crunch
    You'll need a couch or chair for this exercise. Start with 2; work your way up to 10 reps. Works your deep abs and your pelvic floor.

[​IMG]
    Opposite Arm and Leg Raise
    The Opposite Arm and Leg Raise targets your core and lower back. Do 15 to 20 reps, alternating sides.

[​IMG]
    Figure Eights
    You'll need a 3-foot-long scarf and a chair. This warms up your core (ab muscles that run down your side) and tones your obliques. Do 8 to 10 reps on each side.
    u can watch video of this exerciese on

6 Weeks to Sexy Abs - Week 1Videos at Fitness Magazine
    OUR week start from thursday to wednesday.If u like this then reply me.
    Here more exercieses who has more fat on belly.
    Are you looking for some specific yoga exercise for weight loss? Here are given some exercises which can ensure satisfactory weight loss. These exercises must be done in conjunction with various other asanas and pranayama for better results. Ensure you follow the principles of yoga diet.

Leg cycling pose
    Leg rotation pose
    Leg rolling pose
    Sarp Asana

Leg cycling pose
    This is an effective yoga exercise for weight loss and ensures faster weight loss.

Preparation. Lie on your back on the floor and look upwards. Keep both the arms straight close to your body and palms touching the floor. Place feet close to your buttocks, heels and toes touching each other.

Steps[​IMG]
    • Take deep breath and hold. Bend the knees. Bring left feet close to the buttock and right leg fully extended at an angle of 30 degree. Now bring right feet close to the buttock and left right leg fully extended at an angle of 30 degree in a circular manner. You will move both your legs as if you are doing cycling.
    • Carry on till you feel comfortable.
    • Take rest in shava asana. Repeat once or twice. Tip : Mentally keep a count on number of rotations of each leg to monitor your progress.
    <CENTER>Leg rotation pose </CENTER>This is another effective yoga exercise for weight loss.

Preparation. Lie on your back on the floor and look upwards. Keep both the arms straight close to your body and palms touching the floor. Legs should be straight with heels and toes touching each other.

Steps[​IMG]
    • Lift your left leg and without bending, and rotate it in a circular fashion. Try to make a big circle without touching the ground. Keep the right leg straight on the floor without bending it. Rotate left leg clockwise 5 times.
    • Rotate left leg anti-clockwise 5 times. Take rest in shava asana.
    • Similarly, rotate right leg clockwise 5 times.
    • Rotate right leg anti-clockwise 5 times. Take rest in shava asana.[​IMG]
    • Now join both feet, heels and toes together. Keeping your legs and feet together rotate your legs clockwise 5 times and anti clockwise 5 times. Take rest in shava asana.
    Practice You can start with 5 rotations. Take rest and repeat once initially. After 2 to 3 weeks of practice increase the number of rotations and try two to three repetitions. Whenever you feel tired take a few moments rest in shava asana.

Benefits
    • Ensures faster weight loss.
    • Reduces fat around the abdomen, thighs and buttocks.
    • Helps strengthen abdomen muscles.
    <CENTER></EMBED></CENTER>

Leg rolling pose

Lie on your back, hands by the side of the body. Place feet close to your buttocks.

Steps. Take deep breath and hold. Bend the knees. Bring both feet together, heels and toes together. Place your feet close to the buttock, then extend the leg fully at an angle of 45 degree. Again bring feet closer to the buttock moving the leg in such a fashion so as to make a circular motion of feet. This movement resembles as if you are cycling.
    Practice. Do it five times. Take rest. Then repeat the same exercise in opposite direction. Take rest whenever you feel tired.
    Caution. People with hernia, heart trouble and back pain should not do this asana with both legs.

Benefits
    • It is ideal asana for fast weight loss, by 5 to 10 minutes of practice.
    • Shapes up the abdomen, activates intestines and cures constipation.
    Sarp Asana: Snake Pose to Make You Active

Sarp Asana is based on the movements of snake. This asana will make you active and helps to reduce body fat. Remember these yoga tips before starting yoga asanas.

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-9438089585029876";/* 468x60, created 3/15/08, banner yogaposes */google_ad_slot = "0785279355";google_ad_width = 468;google_ad_height = 60;//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/expansion_embed.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/render_ads.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT>Preparation
    Lie in prone position. Clasp both your hands at the back. Stretch both the legs, keeping them straight (no bending of legs at knees). Keep the heels and toes together. Keep toes flat on the floor with soles pointing upwards.
    Steps

[​IMG] Sarpasana
    • Inhale. Lift your legs and head/chest, resting your body mainly on your abdomen. While holding your breath keep the head and legs raised, roll your body to left and right.
    • When you need to breathe roll to either side take breath and resume rolling. Do not take breath while resting on your abdomen.
    • Initially do 10 to 15 rolls (once left once right). Gradually increase to 30 to 50 rolls.
    • Exhale and simultaneously lower the head/chest and legs down on the floor.
    • Rest in Bal Asana pose.
    Practice

Do this asana 2 to 3 time daily. After 3 to 4 weeks of practice, this asana can be done both in morning and evening. Do more repetitions if you want to reduce weight faster. Sarp asana video.

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-9438089585029876";/* 468x60, created 3/15/08, banner yogaposes */google_ad_slot = "0785279355";google_ad_width = 468;google_ad_height = 60;//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT>Benefits
    • All the organs of abdomen get proper massage.
    • Strengthens chest and shouders.
    • This is one of ideal asana for weight loss.
    • Increases appetite and cures constipation, indigestion, diarrhea, diabetes, acidity and wind troubles.
    • Makes spine more flexible, cures slip disk, cervical and back pain.
    • Strengthens legs, lungs and heart.
    Caution

While lifting your legs, do not bend at knees.I 'll post another exercieses after 1st week.
    <SCRIPT src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/render_ads.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT><IFRAME name=google_ads_frame marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?format=undefinedxundefined&output=html&lmt=1263985389&ea=0&flash=10.0.32.18&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.indusladies.com%2Fforums%2Fkeep-fit-and-maintain-shape%2F83073-6-week-ultimate-ab-workouts.html&dt=1263985388984&correlator=1263985389000&frm=0&ga_vid=253208230.1263181621&ga_sid=1263985202&ga_hid=1435401499&ga_fc=1&u_tz=240&u_his=0&u_java=1&u_h=1024&u_w=1280&u_ah=994&u_aw=1280&u_cd=32&u_nplug=0&u_nmime=0&biw=1259&bih=831&ifk=3865573197&fu=0&ifi=1&dtd=125" frameBorder=0 scrolling=no allowTransparency></IFRAME><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT>

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010

2. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Kirti,
    Your Workout plan for Ab looks very simple and easy. Will definitely try it. :)

3. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

hi kirti251,
    work out plan is very good ,thanks for sharing and want to try it ,so will be starting from tommorow , so am joining .

4. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

Today I have started and feels good after doing.
    Abdominal hold is very tough for me ,so tryed with one leg down support,
    also done the yoga exercises for weight loss as posted in the thread.
    My legs and hands are thin only the belly region is fat for me and I want to loose it.
    this exercises are really showing effect on the muscles at the belly even though it is first day for me.

come on ladies join the group.

5. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

thank you for sharing this information.its very useful.i also practice these yoga asanas daily.

6. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Thanks every body for joining me.I'm not able to do whole set yesterday but now i'll do after posting this message.Yesterday i walk a lot .Week end so difficult for me .Today i'll stick with session ..

7. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Today i did my all counts

8. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

Am doing regularly each day and feeling good.

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

WOW!! Kriti;
    It is quite easy. I did it all excpet one(abdominal crunch). I have carpel tunnel syndrome; so I din't want to put my weight on hands.
    Thanks a lot . i plan to make these a regular.
    -nitha

10. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Dear Nitha,Mankan,Naya,Susri,
    All are welcome to my thread.