1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

2. shivachoubey

Dear Sandhana,

Welcome to the thread. The first step to weight loss is start walking, start with 30 minutes and then gradually increase to 45 minutes.

Changes in diet comes in the 2 nd week. Take your initial weight and weigh again next week and come back.

When I started it was a dream for me too but then it became true. So, babes just be loyal and committed and your dream will come true too.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

3. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

Hope you are keeping fine.

Here's my update... last week witnessed the arrival of the monthly visitor and couldnt do anything for 4 days. Had back ache and cramps and apart from the usual travelling by bus, i couldnt do much walking also. Infact i feel like not coming to office also that time..its a pain to travel so much!:(
    5th day i slowly resumed things... and now am back on track.

Saturday had to attend a reception again. I did watch what i ate. But i had sweet and crispy dosa (with more oil ) :( ... Ok but i realised my mistake and went back to fruits(watermelon, banana, apple, musk melon) for breakfast and lunch on sunday. Also had 2 mangoes on sunday.

Coming to the point. My weight was 61.8 on saturday and 62.2 today {mon} morning. :( I do realise I should put in more sincere efforts, but somehow couldnt do it last week. Hope to give u a delightful update next monday morning.

Btw, hvnt got the elliptical yet. Last week couldnt do anything at all and preferred just sleeping after going home! Will b getting one this week hopefully.

And your blog on eating out is such a wonderful article. Great to see you inspiring every1 so much. I have now started practising the art of eating healthy even if i hv to eat outside. Owe so much to u! Thanks a lot shiva!

Regards,
    Bril

4. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

Iam not able to maintain diet+walking during Saturdays and Sundays because of the situation at home.But I make it a habit to eat anything in moderation.

I did not check my weight!.Iam able to fit an old dress today again! I trust my manual machine!:hiya

5. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

dear shiva, thanks for the reply. i could not get much tips on the other thread (flat stomach that’s what...) you mentioned as it is more on weight reduction. i need to concentrate only on tummy. so would like to hear more of your suggestions and tips if you come across such topics in future. dear, pls keep in touch with me regarding 'achieving flat stomach'. thank you.

6. shivachoubey

Dear Bril,

Yeh I can understand that periods can be real pain. Just get back to healthy eating and walking and your weight will fall, it always does after periods.

I will be eagerly waiting for you update next week. Thanks for appreciating my article.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

7. shivachoubey

Dear Rajlakshmi,

Give yourself a break on Saturday and Sunday. Knowing that you won't be able to maintain your regime on weekend you will be loyal 5 days a week which is a good thing.

I am happy to hear about you fitting into your old dress. Yipeeee!!!!!

Keep me posted about your progress.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

8. shivachoubey

Dear baby1,

Just follow what I told you for some days and then update me about the progress. Did you think about joining a gym.

I am always here dear, feel free to approach me anytime.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

9. sri112

sri112 Junior IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

I am back here...i donno if u remember...i had joined this thread sometime back in March but then couldn't keep up as i was busy both at home as well as office...Well now I have resigned and am on a break to be with DD....So I have restarted my project -- Weight Loss

Well i had started with 78.5 kgs in May and when weighed myself last morning i wsas 74.5

Well i lost only 4 kgs in the last 3 months... I used to walk for around 45 mins for abt a month and a half and then as i said b4 i got really busy and had to discontinue my walks...but i stil maintained my diet and somehow dint gain.

Well the good thing is that more than the weight i lost a few inches too..l. am now able to fit into a couple of my dresses that i used to wear in my pre-pregnancy days :)

Now i am back this time determined to lose at least 12 kgs to be in the ideal weight range.
    Planning to resume my walks...

Now that monsoon has set it its become difficult to be regular with my walks...What do i do in such a case? Any suggestions Shiva,,,,,i tried walking at home...but that doesn't gvie me the same feel as i get while walking outside plus i dont sweat either...

I now have time to try out the recipes mentioned in ur blog.....planning to do that real soon!

Ohh btw I had to go for a lunch on Saturday ...it was a buffet lunch at a restaurant...i followed ur tips of having lots of salads and rice and fruits....and no rotis...That worked...i felt full and neither did I get the stuffy loaded feeling that we get when we eat those oil laden gravies ...Thanks for the ideas...You simply rock!

-Sri

10. shivachoubey

Dear Sri,

I am so happy to hear from you. It makes me so happy when people come back and tell me that they lost weight. Walking and moderate diet never fails to give results. Good show girl.

Once you start with your 45 minutes walk and moderate diet you will again see changes in your weight.

Can you join a gym??? In monsoon its the best option else Google walk at home video. Its like an aerobic walking exercise that it done at home, it makes yous sweat like hell. You can get the videos from exercisetv and youtube.

I am glad the trick to eat outside worked.

Do keep me posted about your weight loss, it is happening beautifully. The 12 kgs will melt soon.

Have a great day ahead.

regards