1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Alvi

Alvi New IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

I guess u r right I need to reduce my sugar intake. I would try to keep it in mind though little difficult but I guess thats the right thing to do...thank you so much for pointing it out to me.
    I had always been walking on trademill so I guess I would introduce elliptical and cycle too but honstly speaking I dont know much about it as I have hardly done it. so do u suggest that one day I should do elliptical and other day cycle and then trademill or should I do elliptical and cycle for 20 mins each and nextday trademill. I am sorry but I am little confused as to how to do it
    PS I do have following instruments in gym
    * Elliptical
    * Trademill
    * cycle
    * Stairs
    * lot of classes like zumba,body combat,sculpt,and so on

Shiva could you pls help me built my regime for exercise and how much incline and speed should I keep as I think you r right my body might be use to trademill that I have been doing all the time.
    Thanks a lot for all your help:)

Regards
    Alvi

2. Alvi

Alvi New IL'ite

Dear Ridha,

Thankyou so much for replying to my querries. I have recently been diagonised for hypothyroidisum and I have started my medication and I guess thats the reason I had so much of difficulty reducing my weight but I am so happy now as I have found shiva and all of u over here so together we would fight it out:)
    I have started doing ramdevbabas yoga for thyroid I hope that helps as in it he has show some accupressure points and few asanas besides that some one told me we (people with thyroid) should avoid yogurt at night so stopped having that too.
    I just had one concern I do have small piece of cabbage everyday in the morning do you think that would be harmful as I love cabbage and it tastes very good in my veggie sandwich.
    lots of luv
    Alvi

3. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your wishes Ridha.

4. kanakas

kanakas New IL'ite

Dear Savvyheal,
    Thanks for giving me some mental support. I liked this concept of visualisation that keeps me not to get depressed and be active(not physical). Now I am able to walk with the cast for 6 steps even though not comfortable. Praying god to get well soon and finish this weightloss journey. How is your weightloss going on??? Happy new year to you and your family.

Have a great day
    Kanakas

5. kanakas

kanakas New IL'ite

Dear Kalreth and Shrisha,

Currently I am resting a lot and taking care of having only healthy food. My husband really helps to cook and eat only home made food so that the lost weight should not put it back.I am getting bored watching TV and browsing just relaxing. How was your new year celebrations?

Have a nice weekend
    Thanks
    Kanakas

6. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi alvi,
    i also like cabbage very much.i used take lot of cabbage salad on regular basis....nowalso i take it but in limited quantities nd once in a while...i think little cabbage here nd there is fine.....alvi iam no expert but telling u on the basis of reading abt the stuff on net nd magazines...i asked 2-3 docs regarding this nd each of them gave difft answers but the bottomline was u dont have to avoid it completely .....so may b u can take cabbage 3-4 times in a week in limited portions......have a grt day dear
    ps:in yoga makarasan is gud for thyroid realted probs(told by my yoga instructor) nd its very easy to do..pls google it u vll get the result with pics.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  7. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Dear Lalitha

I dont roll. i roll the dough flat. Put loads of vegetables and wrap all the four sides. My sandwich maker does become a bit messy (pichak pichak) u know. Later i just clean it well. But i love this idea as its absolutely oil free.

Jayyu

8. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Kanakas,

New year was celebrated nice. went to temple as a family & then to ampa skywalk as my daughter wanted to play games. was too crowded, but had good time with kids,hubby n my bro.

Ridha, Alvi,
    Im getting my hypothyroidism treated at Dr.Moorthy's clinic. People say he is number one in Chennai for treating hormone imbalance issues. Dietitian in that hospital told me that cabbage and caulflower need not be avoided for Hypothyroid issues. Its only for people with Hyper. So I never avoid cauliflower or cabbage & havent faced any noticable changes when I eat them.

9. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Dear Tasmiasad,

Am sure Shiva will soon reply to you with her valuable suggestions. As you can see there are a lot of women in this thread who are striving to lose weigh like you. I know it is frustrating at times. But like Shiva has told me, why accept something that can be challenged?
    So please stay positive and we all friends are there with you to support you. All the best. :thumbsup

10. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shrisha,

Before starting any diet always remember that you are a nursing mother. If possible do take an advise of a nutritionist.

Always make sure to have a healthy balanced diet.

If you are having the same thing over and over again its best to bring in the change. You can make poha, upma (preferrably lapsi upma) with onions, peas, cpasicum, finelly shredded cabbage.

You can also introduce 2 multigrain roties in morning.

Either switch to starch less rice or daliya.

Good enough.

Make it 2 and add lots of vegetables and soup.

Your calorie requirement will be a bit different as you are nursing, its best to take an advise of a nutritionist here.

Just making the above changes will show you drop in weight.

Apart from diet you have to walk for atleast 30 minutes in the first week and also have to say NO to outside food.

Give it a try for a week and report back with the change in weight.

Have a great day ahead,

regards