1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. akka

akka New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

I have tried palak roti today and it was yummy.I gave the receipe to my mom and asked her to try those roti's.
    To your receipe I have added boiled carrot and a few drops of lemon.
    I am having my periods so no excercise.
    Diet is ok.

2. shivanithakur

shivanithakur Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Congratulations on completing 500 pages. Its really a great achievment.

Today only I came to office after 4 days and also could not join gym for the last 5 days as I was busy in some family function. hope to continue from today onwards.

Wish to complete 1000 pages very soon.

Best Regards/ Shivani

3. priya666

priya666 Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Have not been comming in the forum and posting my diet these days as it has gone for a total toss. For the past 4/5 days most meals have been at parties and all.

All friends are in celebration mode, X' mas and needless to say the cakes are abundant. Add to that pizzas and biryanies and icecreams......

Today, am back to home food..... and really there's nothing as good as a simple , fresh and clean home cooked meal.

Next 4/5 days plan on eating only home food and going for 1 hr cardio daily.

CONGRATULATIONS ON 500!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ana13

ana13 New IL'ite

Hi SHiva n everone...

yup sory i just saw that u replied all queries.. thanks

yup usually wat i do that to take ful bowl mong dal without tadka with veggies/chiken ..if i use chikpeas so i replace it with mong dal... well wat is rajma how it can be cook?

take care

5. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

Had been to body sculpting class today and feels good.I feel toned up and its a great feeling. Diet has been normal nothing major changes so that it will result in weight loss.

Will stay on maintaining weight for some time now as it feels cold now and cannot muster enough motivation to hit the gym frequently.

6. shivanithakur

shivanithakur Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Y'day I had been to gym. My instructor gave me a diet chart. he also gave me whey protein to have 2 scoops daily. It costs me Rs.1200/-. Is it ok?

After wake up: 2-3 glass water
    after 1/2 hour: 1 apple, 1 scoop (2 tablespoon) protein, 1 glass water
    after 2 hrs: cornflakes + skimmed milk (w/o sugar)
    at 11.30 am: 1 cup tea
    lunch: 2 chapati, dal, vegs, salad, curd, 1 multivitamin (he suggested for nuteralite of amway)
    4.30 pm: 1 cup tea,
    late evening immdlty after exercise: 2-3 marie gold biscuits, 1 glass of water & 1 scoop protein
    Dinner: veg soup or green salad

Please advise.
    Best Regards/ Shivani

7. Alvi

Alvi New IL'ite

Dear shiva,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:thumbsup U Deserve this and much more dear....
    as on weight front I reduced 2 lbs even after the fact that last week was not very good as all the parties and every thing so hogged but with open eyes and tryed to eat healthy as much as possible but yet last week diet had lot of loop holes.
    Dear Ridha if u read this post pls do let me know as I have recently been diagnised with hypo thyroid and honstly speaking I have no idea how to handle it and all that I have been doing is besides eating helthy and exercising I am still putting on weight though I am thankful that I have joined this blog so with all of u and with Shivas support I am sure I will be able to manage it. I am having synthroid 25 mcg everyday before breakfast.

8. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Hi Shiva

I want to really help my husband in losing his weight. He did GM diet lost weight and gained again. He is 78kgs and height is 5.5. Could you pls help me out how to go about it.

1. We wake up only by 8.00am

2. He does not exercise as of now.

3. We have breakfast only at 9.30 or 10.00 or sometimes skip it

4. He goes to office by 10.30 and returns only at 10.00pm so has dinner only after that.

5. Lunch he does at 2.00pm

AT night he tends to eat lots..i dont know how to change all this

Thanks to help me out
    Jay

9. atomar

atomar New IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

Hi! How are you?

I am writing to you after a long gap. First of all, let me share that I am back to 65 kgs from where I started when I first saw your forum. With your blogs and forum, I managed to lose 2 kgs. Then from last 4 5weeks, I have been binging like anything with absolutely no physical movement.

I feel so heavy. From so many days, I am eating heavy dinner..My portions size has really gone up. You know I weigh 65 kgs but look bigger than how I looked when last I was 65 kgs. I have gained in inches also. Its all because of horrible eating and no exercise.

I have been wanting to write to you from so many days but I was feeling so bad that how will I tell you. I am waiting for the final attempt of weight loss where I will stick to my goals and finally lose all the weight that I want. I have not written anything on my blog as well as I was too embarrassed & ashamed of myself.

Today, I thought that I have to write to you. My heart says that I should write to you that please help me Shiva but then I feel that you alwayas do but its me who dosent stick to what you say. So I am feeling bad in saying that again to you.

Lots of love,
    Atomar

10. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shiva,

To my earlier question on "rebound effect" you answered with reference to your personal experience. Fine. I knew, it will not happen with you at this level of commitment of you.

But, I was asking your experience with other members. I see, so many members claiming having lost good number of kg..s. Has any one regained the lost weight back (rebound effect), mainly due to the reason of losing it too fast (more than 2kg in a month) ?

You need not mention the individual members' names , if it had happened. I just want to know, has it happened with any one ? If so, with how many ?

As I said, Shiva.......Your experience in obesity councelling is, now, more than me...........yes really.........I am not flattering you. The number of individuals listenting to you are , as I said, five times more than, in my real life practice.......and the amount of man-hours you spend in this councelling is at least ten times more than what I spend in any given day, in my practice.

Now, it is time for me to learn from you..............:)