1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Im glad to see your reply. Feels like a friend guiding through.Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

I have sent you a test mail. Reply to the email if you get my mail.
    Its good to interact with you too.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  3. shivachoubey

Dear MSSunitha2001,

Thank you so much and lots and lots of hugs. Your appreciation means a lot to me. thanx once again. I try to direct people to my blogs through my signature and through this thread. people who are interested in loosing weight somehow end up finding my blog :).

I will keep in mind your suggestion. I am so glad to see your post today. You made my day dear.

4. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi SC,

I have the following questions:

1.Do you make soup every single day? Give me a list of soups which i can make and store.

2. Is it okay to have green moong sabji at night? I feel its heavy on my tummy.

3. Im taking tomato juice (made out of 1 tomato) from today morning. When i googled, i got this info. Is it okay?

4.I want to include green tea instead of my early morning coffee. Does green tea have any side effects?Let me know which brand is good and how many cups can i have per day? Many ladies in IL also claim to be benefitted from green tea.

Some of the points which helped me from your blog:

1. Fridge full of goodies. I liked this so much. I have stocked many veggies and a pre-cooked coarse dal which i can add to my sabjis instead of making dhal and sabji seperately.

2. Learning to say NO. I think this was very important else our program will crash.

I go to gym usually every alternate day and on mon and tue i work out at home. The days i cannot go out, i want to know what cardio do you do at home? Do you have any video links. Let me know. There are many exercises on our cable here which i do on those days, but just curious to know what you do. I also usually get DVDs from the local library. I keep changing my fitness routine from time to time. Like yesterday when it was a rainy day, i was walking away my pounds with Leslie Sansone at home !

Thanks for your time.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  5. shivachoubey

Hi,

Here are your answers :

1.Do you make soup every single day? Give me a list of soups which i can make and store.

I make a batch for 2-3 days. There are 3 soups that I know to make and these are the 3

1. Pumpkin vegetable soup (recipe is in my blog)

2. Tomato Oats soup (I will put the recipe today on the blog)

3. Dhuli Moong daal+garlic+bottel gourd (lauki) soup. Its is very versatile as can be made into a tadka dhal or can be enjoyed as it is with lemon.

Soups and dhal are usually there in my meal as I need to fill my stomach with liquids.

2. Is it okay to have green moong sabji at night? I feel its heavy on my tummy.

If you are not happy with it then leave it. No point in forcing yourself. If I feel something is heavy on my stomach I don't eat it. As simple as that.

3. Im taking tomato juice (made out of 1 tomato) from today morning. When i googled, i got this info. Is it okay?

Tomato juice is OK. I am not a dietitian but this sounds fine. I really don't know the acidic nature of tomato but if it is behaving with your system then why not have it. The way we made it at our home was tomato + green chilli 1/2 + corriander + little carrot (optional)+ garlic (2 cloves). Grind in a mixture, it becomes frothy and damn tasty.

Whenever I try something new I observe my system. If something is not suiting me then either my stomach will be upset or I will have a breakout on my face. Indication that the stuff that is going inside is not doing anything good to me. I follow this rule.

4.I want to include green tea instead of my early morning coffee. Does green tea have any side effects?Let me know which brand is good and how many cups can i have per day? Many ladies in IL also claim to be benefitted from green tea.

Yes green tea is good for health. Lipton has green tea, twinnings brand is also good. I personally don't like green tea. I have peppermint/chamomile flower tea. They are herbal teas. I have them with hot water when I have an urge to eat or drink something and it is not yet my tea/coffee time. It is also a great way to include hot water in daily diet. As for green tea I guess 2 in a day is more than enough. The herbal teas that I have are dried flowers and leaves they are not tea. But remember green tea is a tea so don't overdo it.

THANX A TON AGAIN FOR LIKING MY BLOG. Seriously, you make me proud buddy. I am happy to see that my blog is helping someone out there. When you will reach your target I will be as happy as YOU :).

I suppose you are in US. Walk at home videos are great. 1 hour makes you sweat so much. Here is the link Walk at Home

My exercise these days. I have bought an elliptical trainer long back. Now, I do it religiously for 50 minutes at load 10. I usually do an exercise for 10 days and once it becomes easy for me I increase the load and the time.

If you are going to the gym do the leg press. Its a secret that i discovered. It works on your tummy muscles and also make your legs and hips tone. So even if you have not reduced much you look much more thinner. I used to love it, started with 25 counts and increased to 100. In fact I used to devote my strength training time on leg press.

Here is one more great tip that I discovered. Mashed avocado with salt and pepper on a bread toast taste like butter. It is so damn tasty, try it. It is a great substitute for butter.

PMan16, you are doing great. Just hold on to your belief and desire to loose weight and keep saying NO.

6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

I checked out the website of walkathome. Its really good. I used to walk earlier just by seeing the exercise tv on cable, but in the webiste there are many other kinds of options. However, we have to buy the DVDs mentioned in there. There's a 10 day challenge where she mentions to walk after each meal i.e. b/fast,lunch and dinner.It is a good option for those who cannot get out of home (esp in US due to driving )

7. shivachoubey

Hi Pman16,

Exactly. I am also going to try walking after each meals.10 mins this will be separate from my daily workout.

8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Today was no-gym day, so i did the 1-mile walk of Sansone from exercise tv. I felt so good.In the evening im planning to do the 2-mile walk.

Today i had an urge to have tea in the morning around 11am but i controlled and had a glass of cucumber juice instead. I feel good about it.

Shiva, on an average , with exercising and diet the whole week, how much weight did you lose per week? It depends on each person's metabolism, but is it realistic to expect to lose 5 pounds in a week?

9. shivachoubey

hi pamn16,

Good to know that you are enjoying your exercise. Why in so much rush to loose weight. 1 pound a week is realistic. Make a decision to loose weight once and for all. If you loose fast then you won't be able to sustain the weight loss. Be slow and steady and win the race.

I lost 2-3 kgs in a month. Now it is 1 kg in a month.

10. neha_garg11

neha_garg11 New IL'ite

hi shiva,

Y r really a great inspiration and motivation for everyone to lose weight.
    I tried ur Tomato Oats soup yesterday and it is really delicious. From today onwards i will take this soup daily in night.My main problem is that i cannot control myself whenever i see ladoo and ghachak etc. What should i do?:drowning