1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

I agree :hiya

I guess, for me it is because I feel alot of positive energy in this thread...:thumbsup So I feel motivated to check on all the tips and try to apply it in real life...

2. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

Can someone here just kick my butt : ( I feel I am falling off the wagon ... I was not able to go to gym this week .even last week just 2 days and eating like ehatever i can .I feel miserable : (

@Contented ..Gosh..dont hang out with those ladies any more: ) I have felt jelous/envious when I have seen people who were bigger loose weight just like that when I could do nothing about it.I always wondered how they did it ? I tell them "wow ..You have lost weight.What did you do ? " And most people would say "Oh..Nothing ..just lost it "And I thought how lucky .Now when I think about it..I am sure they might have been hitting gym and eating healthy .But some people doesnt like to say that .That is another side of the story : ) : ) well..anyways though I felt those women achieved something I can probably never achieve (wrong ) I could never say any mean stuff even if I wanted to ...How do these women come up with all these comments .Ignore ..do what you want to do

@ Shruthipraveen . Lipo and gastric bypass (esp gastric bypass) are Major surgeries .nothing minor .It comes with major complications like bleeding, infections,fat emboilsm etc which could be fatal and also anesthetic complications that can occur.So unless someone is morbidly obese doctors would not even consider gastric bypass ,like it is compensating ur health they will do it .So dear even if someone does it for free do not do it .Feel sorry for ur friend who has such a big BMI(at 4 feet 11 inches and 90Kg her BMI Is 40.1 ) and could not loose it by diet and excercise and had to go under the knife .May be she feels awkward telling people about her surgery so just flaunting saying she worked out : ) Also you will never be able to eat a full meal even for occasions because your stomach is so small ...You will have to eat small portions all your life .You will never be able to indulge at any time ..

To be honest even I thought at one point "Why not a lipo for my stomach " But imagine how weird would i look with a huge everywhere else but a flat tummy : ) : ) Now people tell me I have lost weight head to toe : ) : ) Havent you seen all those people who work out in the gym they are not just thin (I mean not stick thin or flabby thin ) They are trim and toned .Thats what looks Good : ) Sorry to bore you with long lecture

3. anshulkumar

anshulkumar New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

I have started my gym right now i am doing 20 min elliptical and 20 min cycling i will try to include treadmill as well.
    I want to ask one thing does protein shakes help in doing workout and wt loss?? getting a personal trainer is a very costly affair so right now i am dropping this idea and trying to workout on my own.Can you give any suggestions and tips for the same??

Regards,
    Anshul

4. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi priya,

gud to c u back.........very very glad to know that ur tests came out negative........i really sensed the relief in u when u posted abt it in this thread.........u r gonna b fine very soon nd raring to go............inspite of all the health probs u have been undergoing u were still thinking abt weightloss............grt.gud job..............u r really an inspiration.........
    here me ,just thinking abt some silly stuffs nd getting demotivated........hats off to u...
    may god bless u dear..

5. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi shiva,
    u know what...........yesterday dh came home nd told me he wants light dinner nd had some black chana nd i cup of oats porridge............i was really surprised as if he got to know the complaint about him to u............did u tell him????????????
    ok iam running late......see u on monday
    u take care

6. aashimom

aashimom Senior IL'ite

Hi Shiva & all other friends,

Yesterday my hubby came early from office and then asked me to go for the dinner. Though I could have said no and I know it would not matter to him as he is not very fond of outside food and its rare that he himself ask me to have food in restaurant. But I challenged myself and accompanied him to the hotel but said him firmly at home only that I would not take anything.

We went to Pizza hut and I m feeling so proud of me that I didn't take anything except one bite of pizza which he offered me as a first bite [​IMG]

He was quite surprise and happy that now I can resist myself even on the table of good food. Thanks Shiva and all my other frnds without whom I could have not done this :)

I had homemade soup with bottle gourd raita after coming back :thumbsup

7. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Dear Priya,
    My sincere thanks to God that the results have come negative.
    Have normal healthy food for the timebeing.

Love Thanks Divine,
    Savvyheal

8. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thush,

Good show for going for walks even when you have a busy schedule. Keep it up and keep me posted with your progress.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

9. shivachoubey

Dear Priya,

Lots of hugs and love to you. I am very happy to know that the results are negative. Thank god the cancer was ruled out.

The weight gain is not much. First comes health and then comes weight loss.

I am waiting for you to come back here and join the team once again.

God bless you dear.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

10. shivachoubey

Dear Misha,

Wow you are touching 75, wow. Good show honey.

Instead of going for a straight 60 minutes walk on treadmill, try getting new cardio which will challenge your body now. Like 30 minutes on treadmill, 20 on elliptical and 10 on cycle. With new movements the body will face a challenge and the weight will shift more.

One wrong thing that people do is to extensive exercise the part they want to change. A slender upper arm can only come if the fat from that arm is reduced. If you convert most of the fat into muscles, the arm will look toned but will still look bulky.

Doing light weight exercise for the arm is good but not necessary. Once you start losing weight you yourself will see a major change in your upper arms. So if you cannot exercise them then just forget about them as of now. They will go with weight loss. You can opt for toning once you lose weight.

Please thank Aunty from my side for doing this awesome and wonderful job.

If you feel tired, lethargic and painful during the day then just ask your doctor if you can take iron supplements for sometime. They actually worked for me. But do ask you doctor first.

Just forget about the upper arms. The fat will go, take that from me in writing. Just concentrate on weight loss, as you will dip down like losing 10 kgs you will see your entire frame shrinking.

Lots of love to you. You are doing really great. Keep it up.

Remember, this is a golden time. Once you have a job you won't be able to put in this much of effort. SO give your 200% and achieve as much as you can in these days.

regards