1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Wow Shiva....u r a real inspiration...I juz loved ur blog :)

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Thanx Ramya. I am glad you liked it.

3. flora408

flora408 New IL'ite

Hi shiva, a small doubt..after achieving your goal, suppose you started gaining weight again what will you do?..mind is a monkey ..you know...it will crave for new new tasty food always...

4. shivachoubey

Good question. In my post grad days I lost 8 kgs and was so happy. Thought I could eat everything in any amount and never bothered to check my weight. I gained back double the amount I lost.

Now, I don't stop myself from eating anything as long as it is within limits and I make sure to weight myself.

If you are fat and all yr life you wanted to be thin, the moment you see the weighing scale go up you will go into active mode.

Mind is a monkey but there is no point trying to fight with it, best is to tame it for life. Make sure it is happy with all what he wants to eat and that too in control amounts.

5. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Your weightloss story is truly inspiring. Keep it up.One question, do you prepare your b/fast,lunch etc a day before or on the spot? I usually get so hungry during bfast time that i end up eating anything or everything. Could you suggest some tips for this.

I couldnt find your before/after photos? Could you tell me how to see this? I might get inspired too.

6. shivachoubey

Here are few links which have my past and present pics. When you go to my blog, on the left hand side there are categories. You can click on before and after category to see these posts.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blogs/shivachoubey/ek-choti-si-fat-story-2834/

Before And After - IndusLadies

Husband In Wonderland - IndusLadies

Breakfast - Its a very good sign that you feel hungry at breakfast. I feel hungry at that time. I am a bread person, so while I am making my tea my toasts get ready. Its quick. If you can not control then have a banana (I do that), it will satisfy you for sometime and by that time you can make you quick breakfast. Have small bites and control yourself.

If above fails then for few days make breakfast at night, keep in fridge and heat in microwave.

I usually have a fresh breakfast. As for lunch and dinner, they are also fresh but there is some extra meal always in my fridge. For example, Dhal and dalia and little sabji. So, if I am extremely hungry instead of garbing anything junk, I grab my bowl of dalia-dhal. It satisfy me. I finish the meals kept in the fridge in 2days and make a fresh batch. Just in case if I am not hungry for these extra meals then they become part of dinner and lunch.

Also try teaching yourself to control the hunger. It is possible, you just have to suffer the pangs for 2-3 minutes. Like in morning, you should have banana and control yourself till the breakfast is ready. Don't miss the banana/any fruit at this time. Give your stomach what it is asking for but wait for the healthy breakfast. It should not be like you are eating 10 things before the BF. You will have problem for 2-3 days then you will adjust.

Make sure you are never hungry at breakfast and having a good meal at this time. Never cut back your Breakfast.

7. shivachoubey

Here are few links which have my past and present pics. When you go to my blog, on the left hand side there are categories. You can click on before and after category to see these posts.

Ek Choti Si Fat Story - IndusLadies

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blogs/shivachoubey/before-and-after-2797/

Husband In Wonderland - IndusLadies

Breakfast - Its a very good sign that you feel hungry at breakfast. I feel hungry at that time. I am a bread person, so while I am making my tea my toasts get ready. Its quick. If you can not control then have a banana (I do that), it will satisfy you for sometime and by that time you can make you quick breakfast. Have small bites and control yourself.

If above fails then for few days make breakfast at night, keep in fridge and heat in microwave.

I usually have a fresh breakfast. As for lunch and dinner, they are also fresh but there is some extra meal always in my fridge. For example, Dhal and dalia and little sabji. So, if I am extremely hungry instead of garbing anything junk, I grab my bowl of dalia-dhal. It satisfy me. I finish the meals kept in the fridge in 2days and make a fresh batch. Just in case if I am not hungry for these extra meals then they become part of dinner and lunch.

Also try teaching yourself to control the hunger. It is possible, you just have to suffer the pangs for 2-3 minutes. Like in morning, you should have banana and control yourself till the breakfast is ready. Don't miss the banana/any fruit at this time. Give your stomach what it is asking for but wait for the healthy breakfast. It should not be like you are eating 10 things before the BF. You will have problem for 2-3 days then you will adjust.

Make sure you are never hungry at breakfast and having a good meal at this time. Never cut back your Breakfast.

8. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

Hi shivachoubey,

It was great to read all your posts and your blogs are very inspiring and you rock...

You have triggered many hearts to follow what you went through and am sure many will thank you when the success in weight loss come through.

You are already my hero, because, you have worked hard and done it and results are just there.

God bless you and am very happy that you shared so much with us, which is so very good about you. Sharing every bit of what you did to achieve comes from very few and genuine persons.

Love you for what you are and I pray that you get all that you desire and deserve in Life.

All that i have said is true from my heart and last but not the least, OOSHA will follow your steps soon and inshallah get some results too!!

LOts of love and best wishes.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  9. shivachoubey

Dear Oosha,

Lots and lots of thanx and lots of hugs too. There is no greater happiness than to see others achieving their goals and dreams along with me. Happiness always increases great folds when shared. And I believe in this principle. Thanx you so much for your kind and great words. You made my day.

10. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hi shiva,

Thanks for the reply and glad to read the same. God bless you and be noble as you are... all that you said is so right....

i am joining you from next week, as i am on medication for a cruel allergy and as such life is miserable!!!! let me get over and shall start in full swing.

and thats a promise to myself.......

Love lots to you too..

keep rocking,

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010