1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nimmi,

Cool, our weekends match.

1. how many tspoon oil can i use daily while cooking(for 3 persons).

1 tsp for every person. I make food for 2 adults I use 2 tsp. If the 3rd person is a small child then you need not add the extra oil.

2. iam using sunflower oil is it ok

An oil is an oil, I never differentiated. I have sunflower, canola, mustard, sesame, olive in my kitchen. Depends on my mood in which I want to cook my meal. What matters is the quantity.

3. can we take milk/curd daily. If yes tell me the limit.

Curd and milk are excellent source of calcium. I have never ever thought twice about eating curd. Neither did I ever had skimmed milk curd. I eat a bowl depending on my mood. Healthy things need not be restricted. Remember we do need proper healthy fat else our skin will dry up. So best way to have fats is have it from natural sources like curd and milk. As for milk, 1 glass a day is good apart from what you use in coffee and tea.

4. Also, in btween my bfast and lunch or between lunch and dinner i dont feel hungry[​IMG]. for me food is only 3 times a day.

Why a person is asked to eat in between is because at the time of proper meal she does not feel terribly hungry and eat lots of food. For example you had 3 dosas at 8:30 then for 4 and half hours till 1:00 you did not had anything so you ate lots of rice. SO a smart way is, have 2 dosas in breakfast then 11:00 have fruits and salad and then have your lunch at 1:00, you will automatically eat less rice as you will already feel full.

So, you see you are reducing your food intake but you are eating frequently. If you are full all the time then you won't be able to break down due to hunger. Get into the habit of eating small meals every after 2 -3 hours. It keeps your metabolisim high and tummy staisfied.

5. how many spoon sugar can we take daily. i usually take green tea with 1 spoon sugar twice.

I also do the same. 1 tsp in my tea twice a day.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day ahead.

PS: I will upload soup recipes soon.

regards

2. shivachoubey

Dear Lallitha,

Radha has given excellent advise. I had forgoten to mention about cooking in iron utensils. In north we make few vegetables like methi in these vessels only. My aunt is a doctor and this used to be a must in my house. When you cook in iron vessel the vegetable will turn a little black, but its ok. It also gives flavor to the food.

Cooking in iron utensils is a great tip. You need not worry about weight loss with this tip.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

3. shivachoubey

Dear LookingGreat,

Good show girl. You can write here as many times you want. You are doing great. Running for 10 minutes on treadmill deserves a pat on your back.

Keep me updated with your weight loss.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

4. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva,
    Thnx for your replies.

But, tell me, just only 2 tspoons of oil for whatever we cook for a whole day. we have many varieties like for bfast, we take upma or whatever. then lunch we take some curries there also oil is needed. with only 2 spoons how can we manage?:bonk

thats a gud news that we can take yoghurt. i just love it.
    regarding eating 2-3 hrs is a gud idea and i have heard abt it too. but with my working routine, its difficult. will try.

will update u with my weight soon.

5. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

shiva,,
    alaas.............i saw 79 on my scale,i was so excited that i took the scale with me nd woke up dh,who was nicely snuggling under the blanket enjoying his weekend nd the monsoon,to show the number.............i have never felt so much love towards number 7 in my whole life...........like u said,this is my final gudbye to 80s........keeping my fingers crossed.

6. shivachoubey

Dear Nimmi,

I meant 2 tsp oil for every meal you make. I will die if I have to make whole day food with 2 tsp oil.

I understand with work it can be a bit tricky eating every few hours, but try giving it a thought and see if you can come up with any solution.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

7. shivachoubey

Dear Ridha,

Hurray!!!!!! Good show. 80s are gone for ever. Now what I want you to do is visualize 78 for this week and work towards it. You need to give your best for 78 and keep thinking everyday that you are weighing 78 kgs after this week.

I am so happy and am jumping with joy. Breaking the range is so important and you broke it.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

8. mrs

mrs Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shiva,
    I still havent got the courage to go to gym yet.I am walking everyday and some days I do jillian michaels video.
    Shiva,my main problem is ,I easily becomes depressed. The fact that I am obese hangs in my mind 24hrs aday,somedays even in my dreams. This thought never leaves me its there while Iam watching Tv,or cooking or when I meet someone new ,its there all the time.I hate to look myself in the mirror,whenever I look before I go out,I will have that sarcastic look on my face and tell myself "see how bad you look". I dont do any make up when I go out. I just wash my face ,tie my hair and I am ready. My husband asks me ,cant you atleast wear some lipstick,and I am like "oh,whatever".Some times we will meet his colleagues who havent seen me before,while shopping and when they leave ,I will ask him "were you ashamed that they came to know that you have an obese wife?" Some time even feel that will my daughter be ashamed to introduce her mother to others?

I dont like myself to be photographed ,at the same time I want to have as much as pictures with my baby and save those precious moments. its my dream to have a family photo taken professionally ,but I am the one who is hesitating to do so. Literally I am letting my life pass by,right before my eyes ,just because I am fat.

I might have to go to India in Dec probably,for another surgery and I am dreading that. Even though I would love to see my family I dont have the courage to face their comments. This time when i went,some of my family friends who havent seen me in yrs didnt recognize me.

Yesterday I was totally in depression and I dont want to start my day again in that mood,so I am writing to you. Yes ,as you told me,I am writing all these publicly ,probably there is someone else too who feels the same.

Love u lots dear,

Mrs.

9. shivachoubey

Dear Mrs,

A big hug to you. I have gone through all these emotions that you are going through. I don't have many of my past photograph, I hated to be photographed so much.

Do, you know why we are put in this situation and why do we go through this experience. We go through this path because this is what sets us apart. We start admiring and loving people beyond their physical image. We value a plain looking person as much as a good looking one. You might feel this is so simple but to tell you the truth there are very few people in this world who will look beyond the physical appearance and those who do are great in themselves.

So what does this experience of being fat teach you??. That you have to look beyond the physical boundaries not only for others but for yourself too. You are what you are mrs. always respect this fact. And let the hell break but the world should accept the way you are.

You will start seeing changes the moment you accept yourself the way you are, you will break the shell. Pity those people who comment on you because those people do not have the wisdom to appreciate the human life. Have you ever commented on how a person stinks or how bore he is or how badly he eats or how ridiculous he sounds etc, may be you have not. If you tell few facts to those same people who comment on you being fat, tell you what they will start crying. But somehow they think they have a right to pinch a fat person hard and laugh. Both are at mistake, the one who makes the painful comment and the one who just smiles and take it.

I never appreciated such comments, have been vocal about not appreciating them and moreover I never let anyone comment on any overweight person if I am around. This is simply not acceptable in my book.

For each and every woman there is this need to look good and slim. Its deep seated in us because from childhood this is what we are taught. This is what we see around, women getting appreciated for their looks, people gaping in awe to a beautiful woman.

The point is either we toe the line or we break free from such nonsense. A woman is not an object, its high time people should admire her brains too. Stand tall Mrs. You are one in million and never let this fact ever leave you.

Depression in fat people is very common. I would just go in dumps about my looks and body and then would start eating. But then one day I thought, if I don't like myself no one will. And for a change let no one like me its enough if I like myself. For a change I gave a damn to the world, what matters was I was working towards my goal nothing else mattered. Its easy for others to like us but its very hard for us to like our own self.

Now I make it a point when I look in the mirror to admire myself.

There are so many fat women I see, who take care to dress and tell you what, they will give any slim woman a complex. The problem is though men/women appreciate huge women they are never vocal about it and thus such women feel less appreciated.

Remember mrs. this is not gonna last forever. Soon you will bid the comments goodbye forever. There is nothing wrong in being obsessed with weight loss (even I am). But you need to appreciate yourself.

You need to realize that you are making efforts to carve yourself. You are working towards a better you. There are so many who don't do that.

You need to be firm. People have to appreciate you for what you are, period. They have to stop measuring you in terms of statistics. Next time if you feel hurt about a comment be vocal about it. Don't take it lying down. I used to say 'I know I am fat and I am working towards it. Please don't don't say that again it hurts', you know people will be surprised and will stop. Some will admire your guts.

Take it out of your mind that your husband is embarrassed in front of others on you being obese. Will you be embarrassed if he was obese, no you won't be. That is where love comes in.

Next time, dress well, appreciate yourself, love yourself and converse with your husband's friends. If your daughter ever says something to you then you need to teach her that she should love you the way you are as you love her the way she is. Its a very powerful lesson that as a mother you can teach your child.

Feel depressed when you go back to eating lots of food and making no attempt to reduce. If you are eating right and making attempts to reduce then tell yourself, I am not going to be depressed. At least I am trying to walk towards the slim me.

Don't worry about December. Deal with it when it comes, its future. Worry about your present. Make it worthwhile. Be adamant about the fact that people should accept the way your are.

I started with taking a humorous look on life. I knew I was dieting but if someone would say something I would say "Yeh I eat, its very important to keep the elephant in her proper size" or when people said you look a bit thin, I replied and I still say "An elephant is always an elephant even if she reduces".

SLowly it stopped mattering what people was saying, what mattered was that I am working hard towards my goal. I became more stubborn, people will offer me food and ask about dieting I would say
    "Yes I am",
    "You can diet later",
    "No I cannot. I am fat and I want to reduce".

The moment you accept the fact that you are fat and SO WHAT if you are fat, every thing falls in place.

Here is something I wrote when I was in school and when I am tired I always remember these line

Its me and myself

Its me and no one else

Its me who has to decide

Whether to give up or to fight.

Whenever I remember these lines I decide to fight back and hit the world below the belt.

So get up, you just can't sit and feel sad about the wya you are. No you cannot. You are not allowed to do that any more.

Lots and lots of love. You are doing so well. Keep writing whenever you feel depressed I will pull you through but No matter what DON'T GIVE UP.

As a teaching experience walk into that gym and start working out.

Never think I wrote that few days a go, why should I write again about it to Shiva. No, write to Shiva 100 times if you feel down. You need to write and correct your feelings.

Lots of Love

10. mrs

mrs Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear,I am speechless (rather wordless). Thank you for taking so much time for me. My DH doesnt comment anything directly to me its not a problem for him whether I gain wt or not. But still I know that he will be happy if I lose wt. When he sees my older photographs he would say (oh you were so charming those days) Then I would say "but you never told me at that time "
    Thanks once again dear,I feel a lot better,honestly. Say a big thank you to your husband from all of us here, for letting you spend your time to make our lives better.

Love,
    Mrs