1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shewta,

Good show. You already are on your way to weight loss.

Now here are the points for you :

1. Maggie will have to go out of the window. I was addicted to it and guess what I was also 85 kgs. Now I no longer can have it as a meal. I had simply stopped storing the noodles. Only in time of emergency I have it, like when I am down with flu and I have no strength to cook. Once in a blue moon is also fine but NEVER EVER DAILY.

2. Why do you want to stop sugar. If you like your bowl of cereal w/o sugar then fine otherwise have a tsp of sugar, it won't hurt. Sugar hurts only when you are having it in great amount. Go on have poha/sandwich/dosa for BF. Weight loss does not mean you have to stick with cereal. I hate cereals and have never been a big fan. If you like cereal then fine else don't force yourself. Make sure that the poha/dosa that you make is less oily and follow the rule of fist while cooking. Veg sandwich is also fine.

3. As of now 2 rotis at lunch and dinner are absolutely fine. Get in some salad and soup. You should be prepared that when you will reduce the amount of rotis you will have to compensate hunger, do it with soup and salads.

4. Cook your sabjies in 2 tsp of oil.

5. 30 minutes of daily walk is good.

6. Please weigh your self and maintain your food dairy. Also start eating with a small spoon.

How will this work :

You will see a change in weight by eliminating maggie it self. So do it. Follow this for a week and then come back and we will introduce more changes.

Don't be in a hurry, you are loosing weight for life, so be slow but be sure and you will win the race.

In case of any query, any doubt feel free to ask me.

2. iwannabemyself

iwannabemyself Senior IL'ite

hii shiva..

m back to quiet normal now and going for yoga too...but my freind suggested me to use positrim an amway product for fast result ...she says i can replace one meal wid one sachet of this drink ...and this has no side effects...also she has been benefitted of it ...wat do u suggest...can i give it a try ?

3. shivachoubey

Dear Iwannabemyself,

My experience with such products is that you do feel hungry after sometime and how long will you continue with it. Your initial weight loss will be rapid, only when you are reaching your ideal weight and the weight loss is slow I would require meal substitute. Somehow they never made me feel full. But if you are working and you are OK with a light lunch then you might give it a try.

When I was working I hated to take a tiffin box or have a heavy meal in office as I would feel sleepy in afternoon after lunch so I always wanted to try these stuff. When I did try it made me hungry after 1-2 hours so I stuck to my food.

These products are not cheap, they will cost you around 5k or more. So make a smart decision, would you like to try this now when you are already loosing weight or when you are stuck and the weight will not move. Also ask how long will you continue having these shakes. Make a wise decision, just for the want of loosing weight fast don't end up loosing money.

One of my friend lost 10 kgs in 2 months on a diet of these shakes, guess what she is back to where she was when she started :)

Hope this helps.

4. umarayan

umarayan Senior IL'ite

hi mam

i read ur blog ,it was very very inspiration to me,
    i have 30 kg extra baggage,hw to drop down that,feeling bad on this.
    i do diet by avoiding such items,but after a month am very bad,got tempt to that
    all.so i reduce weight then next i put up ,the same going on,
    was in same weight for 3 to 4 years,have 1 kid.from childhood am chubby.
    now my diet is
    morning fruits with fruit juice ,some time bread with fruit
    afternoon -rice with curry
    dinner-fruits and juice
    some times i breakup,without control.
    and doing 40min walking on treadmil.

tel me in which i have to go to shed the extra weight.

thanks in advance.
    waiting for your reply

5. ubellah

ubellah Bronze IL'ite

Shiva,
    Every time i have something in my mind and peep into your blog or thread, you have an answer for me..true..i wanted to try these products for long...but your reply says 'invain'...better to avoid such products and change our lifestyle...but i dont know for how can we tie our taste buds?

6. ubellah

ubellah Bronze IL'ite

I have another query..how does it matter 2 marie biscuits a time?
    Calories of 2 marie biscuits would be less than a veg sandwich right? Please explain..also let me know if green tea helps in reducing weight

7. shivachoubey

Dear UmaRayana,

Great to hear from you. Call me Shiva, I will be happy. 30 kgs will melt don't worry, you just have to believe each and every day that you are loosing weight and you will do it no matter what.

What does your diet tell me :

That when you get up you try to eat light probably to diet then by lunch time you are hungry. The hunger also hits you hard in evening that is why you break. So here are the changes.

Morning Breakfast - Please have a decent breakfast, like sandwich/poha/upma/idly.

Mid Morning around 11:00 - Have fruits at this time.

Lunch - If you are fond of rice, then make sure to have startch less rice. Please reduce the amount. So have 1 katori rice with curry. Add Veggies and salad here. You can also have roti if you want.

Evening- breakup time - With tea have some roasted channa/ sukha bhel. If still hungry have fruits. This is the time which is very important for you. This is the time you feel hungry and weak so eat something which is healthy and will fill your stomach.

Be prepared. Don't wait for hunger to strike you hard. So if you know at 6:00 in evening you will feel extremely hungry and will eat anything in sight, prepare something and keep ready for 6:00 clock and have it. DON'T WAIT TO FEEL HUNGRY.

Dinner- Why fruits for dinner??? Have soup, salad and fruits for dinner. Juices are a big no in diet because they are easily digestible.

Walking for 40 minutes is great, increase it to 45 minutes.

Stick with this plan for a week and then check your weight. Please check your weight every week. Cook vegetable in 2 tsp of oil and eat with a smaller spoon. Weigh yourself before starting this plan and then weight yourself after a week.

Let me know your progress. I am sure you will lose your weight. All the very best. In case of any doubt or help please feel free to come here and ask me.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  8. shivachoubey

Dear Ubellah,

Nice to hear from you. Glad that I always end up answering your doubts. I like your question, I always wondered why people don't ask me this when I tell them to grab a sandwich instead of a biscuit.

Now about marie biscuits. 2 Marie buiscuits do have less calorie than a veg sandwich but what about the nutritive value. 2 marie buiscuit are fine to accompany the tea at tea time but for break fast they are a big NO. Firstly they will vanish in your stomach in no time and you will end up feeling hungry in no time.

Weight loss should be all about feeling full in your stomach and about eating tasty healthy food. A veg sandwich has tomatoes-cucumber-salad leaf-wheat bread what does marie biscuit has??? Nothing.

Usually tea should not be taken on empty stomach, this is what old people say so having a biscuit along with it is fine but introduce some roasted channa and you will be introducing some long lasting protein to your stomach and nutrition as well.

In the end no matter what you do a woman should not go below 1200 calories and when this amount permits you to eat all yummy tasty food then why a marie biscuit for a breakfast???

As for the taste buds, there is no need for the weight loss to be taste less. Be creative and make tasty food with less oil. It is possible and I do it. I cannot eat tasteless food my food is always tasty. As for out side food instead of having it frequently decide a day in a week or in a month and have the food. We have one life and it is possible to enjoy it without gaining weight.

Hope I have answered your question, if not feel free to ask me again.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  9. rajiswork

rajiswork Senior IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

I am ur fan after reading ur blog. :thumbsup
    I also wanted to lose weight for long time.but couldnt stick to the regime.
    but 6 months back i thought about it seriosly. started doing some exercise ,
    then i saw this kitchuppa's diet. later on ur blog inspired me and i started excercise also. :hiya

this is my menu.

6.30 am - warm water +fenu greek(soaked in water the previos night)
    8.00 am- BF 4-5 idlies/dosa (should i decrease the no?)
    1.00 pm -lunch full stomach - rice ,curry, poriyal/fish
    4.00 pm -tea+ biscuits/bread (can i eat bread?)
    8.0pm - fruits+ vegetables

water 3 ltrs normal-(should i take warm water?)

i do 20 mins walking on elliptical but calorie burned is only 50 . i couldnt do more.( i dont sweat either)
    simple exercise like sit up (20 counts), skipping(10 counts) and some exercise for my tummy.

inthe evening i walk for 30 min either out side or on traed mill.
    started on jan 17th.first 3 weeks i could feel the changes.my frnds also told about it.
    i felt ligher esp on stairs.but now i dont feel more changes .should i change my routine?
    sorry to say that i did nt weighed then. feb 1st week it was 62.60kgs.i want to be 53 kgs
    i need ur help. looking forward for ur reply

love raji

10. shivachoubey

Hi Raji,

AAAh, I am blushing now, hurray I have got a fan. You made my day girl.

Don't worry you will loose weight soon. Just be patient and be consistent with your diet and exercise and the results will show.

Diet -

Your Diet
    6.30 am - warm water +fenu greek(soaked in water the previos night)
    8.00 am- BF 4-5 idlies/dosa (should i decrease the no?)
    1.00 pm -lunch full stomach - rice ,curry, poriyal/fish
    4.00 pm -tea+ biscuits/bread (can i eat bread?)
    8.0pm - fruits+ vegetables

water 3 ltrs normal-(should i take warm water?

changes

1. 6:30 - sounds fine

2. BF - 4-5 small idllies are good but if they are medium or big then reduce the amount. Go for 2 medium/ big idlies or 1 less oil dosa. Oil in dosa should not be more than a teaspoon.

3. Can you grab something mid morning. There is a lot of gap between BF and lunch. Have fruit/salad/butter milk here.

4. Lunch - Well all your meals should be full stomach. There is no point in being hungry. Start by reducing the rice. Whatever is you current amount just take lesser than that. Don't make the mistake of reducing too much. If you have 4 serving spoons of rice, just have 3.

Watch out for curry, is it more in oil??? It should be made with 2 tsp of oil. How about grilled fish. You can coat the fish with either egg or just grill it with less oil on a pan. Fish is great.

To make up for reduce rice can you introduce soup and salads. If this is not possible, have more of veggies but make sure oil is used in limited quantity.

5. Tea - Seems you are fond of having something with tea. Try out roasted snacks like sukha bhel (puffed rice). If you want to have bread have a single piece, top it with tomato-cucumber. 2 biscuits are fine too. Just make sure not to over do the evening stuff.

6.Dinner - You just have fruits and vegetables??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Have soup fruits and vegetables. Get in a salad. You can microwave or stir fry sprouts as well. Be creative with your salads.

Exercise -

Have you joined a gym??? Please concentrate on cardio till you drop some weight and then do the tummy exercises for toning.

SO this week, increase the elliptical trainer load and do the exercise 20 minutes. On the treadmill also increase the speed slightly.

Can you do the exercise in one go. If yes try doing it for 45 minutes. If you are not sweating then you are not pushing yourself enough so start training yourself and increase you stamina slowly. With cardio you will soon see a drop of weight. As your physical activity will increase so will your hunger, so have more fruits when hunger pang hits.

If you are doing a cardio session for 45 minutes straight, then grab a fruit after the session. Moreover in this scenario walk outside for 10 minutes before/after(which ever suits you) the dinner. If you are not able to get in a 45 minutes straight cardio session (20 min ET and 30 min TM in one go), then stick with your regular regime. In any condition please do increase the resistance load of the machines.

Maintain a dairy so that you know why your weight is not decreasing. If you are a rice-curry eater, eating with a small size desert spoon is a must. Weigh yourself before starting this program and then again after a week.

Do come back and tell me about the progress.

Hope I have answered all your doubts but please feel free to come and ask me anything anytime. I am there to support you.

Believe in yourself and soon you will see the results.

Have a great day ahead.