1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. sreenidhishar

sreenidhishar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shiva,
    i made aloogobi masala n parathas for lunch.

a frnd came home for lunch.... i had 2 parathas with 2 apples.
    thinking of exercising after 30mins

2. sreenidhishar

hey we r in the 100th page.....yaaaaaahooooooo!!!!!!!!

party time....

3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nisha,

A very good morning to you.

I guess my research did come handy. I was so frustrated about the fact why I am not loosing weight that I started actually reading up on this topic. Thanks for showing so much trust in me. You can never bug me your doubts and question helps me increase my knowledge.

You remind me of Pman16. I am sure you must have read her success story. She is someone who joined this thread when this thread started and if you read her posts they are full of questions. Asking question is the mark of an inquisitive mind. So, feel free to ask me as much as you want.

Very good girl. If you want to have something cold and sweet, have lemonade. Add in sugar free. This will try to curb you carving for cold drinks.

Thinking of it I started laughing again. I was answering all your questions one by one on a very serious note and suddenly this one question about clear skin came out of the blue and it made me laugh. I laughed because no one had ever asked me this question and I also laughed because it showed your innocence. I imagined you like a small school girl with a pen and a paper noting down the answers of her ever single doubt. I found it very cute. Sorry sweetie pie if you felt bad but then it was a very cute question.

Though I found the question funny I did think about it at night. You know Nisha you made me think. I never bothered about clear/glowing skin, but you did make me think about the issues that I had. I always had a black neck. It was dark black with circles at the bottom. When I was a child elders used to ask me to take bath properly. And I used to vigorously rub it, sometimes I would rub the neck with pumic stone thinking the dirt will go away. But that blackness never went away. Sadly none of the family members were aware enough to take me to a doctor. I was suggested remedies like cream and lemon, besan and what not which never worked.

Finally few years back when I was in my early 20s my sister took me to a dermatologist. She was the only one who approached the issue scientifically. The doctor told me that he can prescribe me medicines but that won't do any good, I need to reduce weight to get rid of the pigmentation. I had a black neck one year back now I do not have one. The pigmentation went away with the weight.

A relaxed mind and healthy eating always show on the face. The only thing that I do now is pay attention to my motions. What you eat is what comes out. So the motion should be easy and quick. If they are that way then it means I have proper fiber in my diet.

So you see my girl, your one innocent question did made me think at night . I would have never shared this experience had you not asked me because somehow it never occurred to me to share this. Weight does create pigmentation in various parts of the body once you loose weight it goes off. When the fat reduces from the face even the facial issues vanish.

Have a great great day ahead dear Nisha.

PS: If you have not started maintaining a food dairy then do start one now.

regards

4. lookinggreat

lookinggreat New IL'ite

Hello,

Thanks for reply. i started running on treadmill and doing good cardio,

like 20 mins - stationary bike.
    20mins - treadmill - walking for 4 mins, running for 4 mins alternatively. will increase running time.
    20mins -elliptical training.
    30 leg press.
    started doing abs exercises at home for 20mins.

totally burning around 300cals. is this enough? hope to do this for this 1 week and see how it works.

But, migraine is so severe and started vomitings also. Doc prescribed not to force so much, just workout in comfort level and am using medicines now.

i am keeping an eye on diet too. if possible please suggest things that can be included in gym.

regards,
    LG.

5. sreenidhishar

hey Shiva,

so u have had deep thoughts on glowing complexion huh? thts kool. having lemon n green tea gvs glowing complexion. tried n tested by my frnd.

6. shivachoubey

Hi Sansam,

Welcome to my group. Today when I weighed myself I was 64.5 kgs and I have never seen this weight ever before in my life. Since, class 10 I have always stood at 75 kgs and then in college it was always 78 or 80 kgs and after that it kept increasing to 85 -86 kgs This is the first time in my life that I am seeing my weight in the 60's range. So you see I was fat through out my life too. It took me 1 year to break the 70s range. Its not possible that your weigth won't decrease with less food and more exercise. It will decrease. Your body has stablized itself on 72 kgs.

In my case no matter how much I ate and sometimes I would eat heavy stuff every after few hours I never crossed 86 kgs.

So, you will reach your target weight. I am giving you a link of Parvathi's success story. She was also always fat and then she increased to 90 kgs after pregnancy now she is 60 - 62 kgs. So, you see people who are always fat do come back to a normal weight.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blogs/shivachoubey/3192-the-yum-mum-page5.html

Please keep dreaming about reaching your target. You know for me visualization always works. Like when I was 68 kgs I used to always visualize my weight as 67kgs then at 67 I visualized as 66. Visualization is very powerful, you unconsciously prepare you mind to reach the target.

If you decide what you want to be then no matter what, you will turn out exactly the way that you decided to be.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

7. shivachoubey

Dear Bril,

Congrats honey. Good show. Make walks regular and as for the gym make it additional to your walks so even if you are not regular to the gym it will not matter much. Any additional exercise will help.

You can go and walk on the treadmill during your breaks. 10 - 15 minutes on treadmill in addition to your regular walks will help.

Have a great day ahead.

Keep me posted.

regards

8. shivachoubey

Dear Mrs,

You are not encroaching anything. Your experience is valuable to us. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

9. sreenidhishar

10. shivachoubey

Dear Lalitha,

Babes, look at you. Your diet has changed so much and it has reduced also. Good show girl.

You made me so happy. Once this guilt sets in its difficult to let it go. Good show for having a light dinner when the lunch was outside.

I am happy to know that you have increased the walking speed.

You are doing very good lalitha. You are one of dedicated members here who are making all efforts to lose weight. Good girl, keep it up.

You just made me realize that this thread reached 100 pages. OMG. Congrats to each poster who posts here. Thanks for making this thread tick.

Have a great day ahead.

regards