1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Get in Shape 2010!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Induslady, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Dear IL'ites,

New Year is only 15 days away! We want to start 2010 by helping IL'ites accomplish the top item on most of our new year resolution list - To Get in Shape!

Get in Shape 2010!

We have teamed up with desidieter.com, a one of its kind website that encourages and supports the South Asian community to take a step towards good health and a good life.

What is the contest about?
    For the 31 days of January, we want you to eat well and exercise regularly. Tell us every day that you did so. The person who has been most consistent with the program will get a $250 Amex gift certificate (same as cash). Get rewarded for starting on a personal journey of Getting in Shape!

What specifically you need to do?
    1. Write a brief fitness goal for yourself and update in this thread (Now! - Jan 20th)
    2. Register at the "Get in Shape 2010" contest Website (Now! - Jan 20th)
    3. Find out your beginning BMI and Healthage (using the tools in the contest website) and update it in this thread (Jan 1st - Jan 20th)
    4. Log in everyday into our contest site and find out your fitness score for the day and update in this thread. Fitness score is based on 1) Glasses of Water you drank 2) Duration of Exercise you did and 3) Servings of Fruits, Vegetables and Nuts you had (Jan 1st - Jan 31st)
    5. Find out your ending BMI and update it in this thread (Feb 1st - Feb 3rd)

What are the prizes?
    Grand Prize - $250 Amex Gift Certificate (Same as Cash)
    5 FREE Desi Dieter Gold Packages for participants with maximum participation
    5 FREE Desi Dieter Gold Packages for participants that showed the highest improvement in BMI

Highly Qualified Dietitians to Help!
    Throughout the competition, highly qualified dietitians from DesiDieter.com will be available to answer all your Diet and Nutrition questions. It is only for 31 days, so make use of it fully to get all your questions answered. Ask your questions here.

How to write your fitness goals?
    In you fitness goals, talk about why you want to get in shape, how much weight you want to loose, what lifestyle choices you want to change (Start Yoga, exercise regularly etc) and how you want to feel about yourself in a perfect world. Keep it between 150-200 words. Be creative! You will get extra points for this!

How are Winners selected?
    Contest is scored against a total of 100 points. Participants will get points for doing the following. The participant with the maximum points will be the winner.
    1. Writing Fitness Goal
    2. Daily Update of Fitness Score
    3. Updating Starting BMI
    4. Updating Ending BMI
    5. Updating Healthage

Special Pricing of DesiDieter.com Premium Packages for Indusladies.com members
    - ALL IL'ites get FREE Silver Package ($9.99 value).
    - ALL IL'ites get 20% Discount on Gold Package (Reg. Price - $19.99, IL'ite Price - $15.99).
    - ALL IL'ites get 20% Discount on Platinum Package (Reg. Price - $29.99, IL'ite Price - $23.99).
    To get these discounts, use coupon code ILFNF at desidieter.com.

Let DesiDieter.com and Indusladies.com help you get in shape. Use the tools from desidieter.com, get the motivation from the community, take the guidance from expert dietitians, win the contest and take home the grand prize! Above all, get in shape and feel proud about your body and yourself!

Any more questions about this contest, please ask below.

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

As a reminder,

Following are the three things you need to do before the end of the year.

1. Write a brief fitness goal for yourself and update in this thread (Now! - Dec 31st)
    2. Register at the "Get in Shape 2010" contest Website (Now! - Dec 31st)
    3. Find out your beginning BMI and Healthage (using the tools in the contest website) and update it in this thread (Jan 1st - Jan 15th)

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

HI induslady,

excellent thread you have started, i have already registered. Have also calculated my BMI which is 21 and it is normal.

i have a qustion i am going on holiday from 24th dec to 4th jan then can i start to update from 5th jan and how can i upgrade to silver or gold member?

love
    alpa:cheers

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

What specifically you need to do?

1. Write a brief fitness goal for yourself and update in this thread (Now! - Dec 31st)
    MY FITNESS GOAL:-
    I have been a fitness f
    reak and have have been exercising since 2001 from 2006 i had been doing body toning, together with aerobics, but in 2007 i did not take care of my eating habits and come 2008 i started seriously exercing and taking care of my diet.My goal is to loose only 3 kgs which are very stubborn and the lower body and stomach. I am not on a diet but am eating healthy.

2. Register at the "Get in Shape 2010" contest Website (Now! - Dec 31st)

Have already registered.

3. Find out your beginning BMI and Healthage (using the tools in the contest website) and update it in this thread (Jan 1st - Jan 15th)

My BMI calculated on the contest website is 21 and is normal

4. Log in everyday into our contest site and find out your fitness score for the day and update in this thread. Fitness score is based on 1) Glasses of Water you drank 2) Duration of Exercise you did and 3) Servings of Fruits, Vegetables and Nuts you had (Jan 1st - Jan 31st)

1. for the past 15yrs have been drinking 2 litres of hot water through out the day.
    2. i have personal instructor we do training with light weights and work out the body twice a week fo 1hr 30mins, i start with 15mins of warming up by jogging on the tread mill, o doing hte cross trainer or the bike, then we start to work from the lower body, then upper body, stomach exevcises and then stretching each reps i do is 60. Monday, friday and sunday i do body toning, tuesday and thursday i do 1h of aerobics followed by stomach exercise and then strething..
    3. For b
    reakfast an hour before i make fresh melon juice with a few grapes in it. then after an hr i have a bowl of papaya, then porridge and little indian breakfast like roasted chappati 1pc and half cup tea, for snack at 11am i have salad - made of lettuce, grated carrots, chopped cucumber and chopped white onions, i add little salt and pepper. lunch on alternate days i have boiled vegetables like snow peas, french beans, carrots, celery. the other two days i have boiled moong. At 4pm i have a small banana. Fo dinner i have mix vegetable soup oil free and tea then after and hour of my dinner i have an apple followed by a glass a hot water. i cannot take nuts as i am allergic to them. i sometimes have a piece of chocolate
    [/quote]

5. TeamGIS

TeamGIS New IL'ite

Hi Alpa,

Great to hear that you have already registered. Note that the contest starts on Jan. 1st- so enjoy your vacation. You will not miss out on anything and can still be a winner, as long as you answer all questions regularly.

Have a great vacation and Good luck on your journey to Get in Shape!

Best Regards,

TeamGIS

6. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Indus lady,
    Excellent ,very good for me because i'm lazy.In house i'm taking care of all and very very strict in kid's study but for me no.I think here is good start for me.I already ragister.From tomorrow i'll follow good diet & exerciese patern.Thanks again.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  7. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Dear Ils,
    My BMI ( calculate on given site) is 33.6. I'm 5.2" with 84 kg.i want to lose 30 kg total.But in 1st month i expect to lose 4 to 5 kg .I hope i surely achieve to my goal with all my ils support.

8. goal120

goal120 New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

1) Registration date : December-16-2009

2) My Fitness goals: I have become obese after giving birth to my children.Due to overweight i have gone through several problems like leg pain,back pain ,discomfort in my body and i dont feel much confident when i go for parties.To get rid all of these problems i need to loose weight and be healthy.So my goal is to loose 30 kgs and i want to weigh 50 kgs .Now i weigh 79 kgs.My goal for this challenge is to loose weight healthily by following a good diet plan and doing the right excercise that suits my body and weight.I am planning to have good amount of fruits,vegetables and water during my weightloss regimen.My goal is to loose 5 to 10 kgs between jan 1 to jan31.

3) My BMI calculated on contest website is 28.8 and is obese (Dec 16)

I thank indusladies for giving such an oppturnity to loose weight healthily with other weight loosers.I can make it with the support of ils buddies.i wish all the participants a good luck and success.

9. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

1) Registration date : December-16-2009

2) My Fitness goals: I have gained weight in the last 4 yrs due to some personal issues. I would like to loose atleast 40 lbs.But for the 1 month period my goal is to stick to the diet/healthy eating and workout reguraly at the gym. Not eat when I am emotionally stressed out.

3) My BMI calculated on contest website is 30 and is obese (Dec 16)

Thanks a lot for this great opportunity!!

10. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for this gr8 opportunity.

1. Write a brief fitness goal for yourself : (Now! - Dec 31st)

Marriage and subsequently; motherhood "blew me" to a huge 181 Lbs. After delivery in late 2008; I came down to 169 lb in Jan 2009. Since, I was/am bf mother, I couldn't get into strict diets. I followed south beach diet principles and by Aug 2009, I came down to 138 lbs, my pre pregnancy weight. I went a little less rigid, and now I gained 4 lbs more and weigh 142 lbs.

My fitness goal in 2010 is to reduce 1 -2 lb every month, till I reach the target weight of 130 LB or less.(BMI 22.3 or lesser). I also want to tone my body particularly my lower abdomen and thighs.
    I plan to do 10-15 suryanamaskaram per day and walking daily. Eat healthy, adding fiber and greens to our diet.And also to drink 10 glasses water every day and cut down the sugar.

2. Register at the "Get in Shape 2010" contest Website (Now! - Dec 31st) Done

I am 5'4 and weighs 142 lbs (64.4). My BMI reads (as of december 16th) 24.2
    Your Target Weight Range is 109 to 135 lbs
    Pull up your socks! You are Overweight and you need to ensure that you lose a few kilos to get to your ideal weight

- Nitha