1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Read Inspiring success story.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by kirti251, Sep 16, 2009.

1. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Weight Loss Success Stories - Monish Lost Weight By Diet & Exercise

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-6446064772164951";google_alternate_color = "FFFFFF";google_ad_width = 200;google_ad_height = 90;google_ad_format = "200x90_0ads_al";//2007-11-01: Ad Links-Whole Site-200X90_4google_ad_channel = "2745665894";google_color_border = "FFFFFF";google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";google_color_link = "0000FF";google_color_text = "000000";google_color_url = "008000";//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT>​

First Name: Monish
    Family Status: Single
    Hometown: Mumbai, India
    Pounds or Inches Lost: I lost 100 pounds and 8 inches!
    Height: 6 ft 2.5 inches
    Waist: 34"
    Starting Weight: 282 pounds
    Current Weight: 182 pounds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Monish's Weight Loss Story!

When did you become unhappy with your weight?
    A year back after finishing my diploma, I became very unhappy with my weight.
    What made you decide to lose weight?
    All my friends teasing me was the main reason to decide to lose weight. I used to look ugly and had a lack of self confidence. I was not being active and not getting my desired type of clothes. Due to all these reasons, I decided to lose weight.
    What were the most important changes you made to lose weight?
    The most important thing is of course your DIET. You also have to change your daily routine. I didn't go out anywhere because I had to eat home made food. I also had to change my mind to decide to lose weight.
    What was most challenging about losing weight?
    Its not at all easy changing your diet suddenly and working out for almost 2 hours is very challenging. It would test my limit and will power. To quit eating fatty foods really tested me.
    How long did it take you to start to see results?
    It took about 6 days to show results.
    How long did it take for you to reach your current weight?
    It took 8 months to accomplish my goal.

[​IMG]
    How long have you maintained your weight loss and how do you do it?
    7 months. Now my body is used to losing weight. So, luckily I can eat anything. Even if it crosses the limit I bring it back to normal by just running on the treadmill and sometimes it automatically comes back to normal.
    How has your life changed now that you've lost weight?
    It has changed a lot. Now I can wear anything I want. I can play sports. I can be active. I look good. My confidence is at its best. I can run. Its a very nice feeling.
    How did ShapeFit help you reach your weight loss goals?
    ShapeFit's weight loss success stories are very motivational.
    [​IMG]
    Monish's Weight Loss Tips![​IMG]

Weight loss tip #1:
    Stay motivated!
    Weight loss tip #2:
    Drink 2 glasses of warm water within an hour after having your dinner.
    Weight loss tip #3:
    Avoid eating anything that contains fat.
    Weight loss tip #4:
    Don't miss your workout even for a single day unless its absolutely impossible.
    Weight loss tip #5:
    Walking is important. Walk whenever its possible.

[​IMG]
    Monish's Weight Loss Eating Plan!

Breakfast:
    A bowl of Kellogg's wheat flakes and milk without sugar. Or, a vegetable sandwich.
    Lunch:
    Homemade foods consisting of cereals, pulses and vegetables with minimal fat.
    Dinner:
    Homemade foods consisting of cereals, pulses and vegetables with minimal fat.
    [​IMG] Snacks or Mini Meals:
    Snacks have to be low fat items.

[​IMG]
    Monish's Weight Loss Workouts!

Weight Training:
    When I started with my weight loss, I started [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]weight [COLOR=blue! important]training[/color][/color][/color] also. But later I realized that weight training is less important for weight loss, in my opinion. But still it helps a bit. For about 5 months I did weight training along with cardio. I used to workout each part everyday. But after 5 months, I left it and concentrated only on cardio. I used to do weight training for about half an hour per workout.
    [​IMG] Cardiovascular:
    I used to do cardio exercise for about 1.5 hours per workout. Starting with running and walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Then cycling for 15 minutes. Then a push up cycle for 15 minutes. Stretching exercises which are very important for 15 minutes. I also took a steam bath every other day. I am not sure whether it helped my weight loss but I still had good results.
    <SCRIPT src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/render_ads.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/render_ads.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT><IFRAME name=google_ads_frame marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?format=undefinedxundefined&output=html&lmt=1253145009&ea=0&flash=10.0.32.18&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.indusladies.com%2Fforums%2Fnewthread.php%3Fdo%3Dpostthread%26f%3D19&dt=1253145009203&correlator=1253145009218&frm=0&ga_vid=1795433409.1252718907&ga_sid=1253144743&ga_hid=872609426&ga_fc=1&u_tz=-480&u_his=5&u_java=1&u_h=1024&u_w=1280&u_ah=994&u_aw=1280&u_cd=16&u_nplug=0&u_nmime=0&biw=0&bih=0&fu=0&ifi=1&dtd=78" frameBorder=0 scrolling=no allowTransparency></IFRAME><SCRIPT>google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</SCRIPT>

2. madhupreeth

madhupreeth Senior IL'ite

Very inspiring post...thanks for sharing...

3. sumithasudhakar

sumithasudhakar Junior IL'ite

Good to see. It is motivating everyone, who wants to reduce their weight, like me.

4. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

very encouraging....many will be encouraged by seeing this..and we need these types of success storiesto motivate ourself including me[want to loose 10 kgs]:thumbsup

5. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

Very encouraging,it is motivating us